By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ohio school board to prevent school shootings by arming their Janitors with fire arms

Probably one of the most craziest things i've ever heard of :S

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
nuckles87 said:
How so? :D

The link that trunkin provided shows that 95% of the janitors have less than a college education. It is the lowest percentage of people who have a college education. That would support what I said. Also, the link doesn't tell me where the degree was earned or what it was earned in.

Good to see you fixed it, as my link had nothing of the short.

And it wouldn't support what you said, because what you said was this:

"Janitors are low level peons without and education who make 12-15 bucks an hour. This is stupid though I'm all for teachers carrying them."

Thats the problem with blanket statements. They can be pretty easily be proven wrong. Janitors are not "without education". Something are ridiculously over qualified for their work.

Now, if you want to say janitors have lower rates of college education than the other proffesions listed in that link, then thats fine. But do not make generalizations or blanket statements, because as a general rule they are often wrong.

As for how many have education "outside the US", that burden of proof is on you, because you are making the claim. So go out and go find it. I'll be waiitng.  :)

nuckles87 said:

Good to see you fixed it, as my link had nothing of the short.

And it wouldn't support what you said, because what you said was this:

"Janitors are low level peons without and education who make 12-15 bucks an hour. This is stupid though I'm all for teachers carrying them."

Thats the problem with blanket statements. They can be pretty easily be proven wrong. Janitors are not "without education". Something are ridiculously over qualified for their work.

Now, if you want to say janitors have lower rates of college education than the other proffesions listed in that link, then thats fine. But do not make generalizations or blanket statements, because as a general rule they are often wrong.

As for how many have education "outside the US", that burden of proof is on you, because you are making the claim. So go out and go find it. I'll be waiitng.  :)

I'm pretty sure 95% of janitors without a college education is enough to justify saying the position is an uneducated one.

and for good measure to provide what you asked for

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/2007-01-07-jacinto-choice_x.htm

A medical doctor coming to US to become a nurse. Why? Because MD's don't make as much in the Philippines as nurses do in the US

"He estimates that in the last five years, 9,000 Filipino doctors — out of about 56,000 — have retrained as nurses, and 5,000 have since gone abroad."

However, as I look online at nurses salary I'm surprised that they are reporting them at over 50k starting. Which I'm surprised to see from a 2 year degree with lots of people in nursing. I would expect it to be lower. No matter though considering some of those people are also just technicians which require a certificate and make as much as janitors

burninmylight said:
So now if a mass shooting breaks out in Ohio, the custodians will be the first ones shot. Brilliant idea.

No, the janitors aren't sitting by the front door. They are also moving around constantly. The shooter would have to find them first. I'd be more worried about them misusing the gun being that they are janitors for a reason.

If for some reason I lost all reason and morality and decided to shoot up a school that had janitors packing heat, guess who I'm going to go find and take care of first?

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
burninmylight said:
So now if a mass shooting breaks out in Ohio, the custodians will be the first ones shot. Brilliant idea.

No, the janitors aren't sitting by the front door. They are also moving around constantly. The shooter would have to find them first. I'd be more worried about them misusing the gun being that they are janitors for a reason.

If for some reason I lost all reason and morality and decided to shoot up a school that had janitors packing heat, guess who I'm going to go find and take care of first?

Assuming this is the case... instead of a little kid or teacher getting shot first, instead it's a janitor who has a good chance of being not near such people.

Already sounds like a plus... and if there are two janitors on site.

Not optimal, but better then pretty much any other solution outside of police.

burninmylight said:
burninmylight said:

so you think you can roam the hallways undetected after getting in the school undetected with a firearm? The is very naive thinking if you think you can pull it off.

burninmylight said:
burninmylight said:

so you think you can roam the hallways undetected after getting in the school undetected with a firearm? The is very naive thinking if you think you can pull it off.

Assuming the school doesn't have metal detectors or security to check every student's bags at every entrance, how hard is it to conceal a handgun? Answer: Not very.

Kasz216 said:
burninmylight said:
burninmylight said:

Assuming this is the case... instead of a little kid or teacher getting shot first, instead it's a janitor who has a good chance of being not near such people.

Already sounds like a plus... and if there are two janitors on site.

Not optimal, but better then pretty much any other solution outside of police.

So the teacher's and children's lives are automatically more important than the janitor's? I was being facetious in my first post, but damn, even I have more respect for them than that.

burninmylight said:
burninmylight said:

Assuming the school doesn't have metal detectors or security to check every student's bags at every entrance, how hard is it to conceal a handgun? Answer: Not very.

most school shootings are from people going into the school guns blazing with as many weapons as they can carry... so you would plan to carry around a backpack while looking for the janitor... and what if you never see him? Do you go to class or do you roam the halls while class is in looking for him? Then when you see him what do you do? Stalk  him or pull out your gun right then and there?