By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ohio school board to prevent school shootings by arming their Janitors with fire arms

burninmylight said:
Kasz216 said:
burninmylight said:
Max King of the Wild said:
burninmylight said:
So now if a mass shooting breaks out in Ohio, the custodians will be the first ones shot. Brilliant idea.

No, the janitors aren't sitting by the front door. They are also moving around constantly. The shooter would have to find them first. I'd be more worried about them misusing the gun being that they are janitors for a reason.

If for some reason I lost all reason and morality and decided to shoot up a school that had janitors packing heat, guess who I'm going to go find and take care of first?

Assuming this is the case... instead of a little kid or teacher getting shot first, instead it's a janitor who has a good chance of being not near such people.

Already sounds like a plus... and if there are two janitors on site.

Not optimal, but better then pretty much any other solution outside of police.

So the teacher's and children's lives are automatically more important than the janitor's? I was being facetious in my first post, but damn, even I have more respect for them than that.

A) An adult is FAR more likely to survive being shot then a child, espiecally a wild untrained shot, as an adult male has about twice as much blood as a child.

B) Janitors, have a chance of being far away from people meaning, there is a longer timeframe before more shooting unlike in a classroom where they would just go crazy, this means less chances for multiple injuries.  ESPEICALLLY if it's a case where the kid has gone crazy specifically because of some other kids he wants to murder.

C) I think most people would consider small children's lives worth more then adults.  Think about the difference in reaction in your faimily if a 50 year old uncle died vs a 7 year old chiold.

D) Teachers live's aren't more important, but like I said, teachers are more likely to be near students.  Meaning a starting point of a teacher likely means more casuaties.

Around the Network

It's like the Wild West all over again... or some people didn't move on.

One of those janitors snap and the school has a major problem on their hands. Stupid idea

Wonder how people are going to react when a teacher or a janitor get mad and kill childs with its service weapon... Quick ! Blame videogames ! Gun control has nothing to do with it obviously...

I still remember those documentaries (not Moore's specifically) that the guys in Columbine where bullied by the whole school. Add to that the availability to get guns easily without control...

You reap what you sow.