By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 5th January

pezus said:
Conegamer said:
Mummelmann said:
Conegamer said:

I'm not feeling those PS3 Europe numbers to be accurate somehow...

Also, the PSP number is 100% worng. My rudimentary addition would mean the PSP sold 40k in Rest Of World this week.

Finally, heavy drop all around, expect the WiiU to stabilise around 115k-ish with the 360 at 120k and PS3 at 140k (on average). 3DS is beasting.

Sounds about right. But with the likely announcement of new consoles sometime in Q2, the aging HD twins will likely suffer drops beyond normal saturation. Wii U could also very well drop well below 115k for many weeks, especially if Japan slows down and Americas and Europe continue to ignore it (Europe in particular could screw the weekly numbers). All in all, I stand by my 4 million sold and 4.5 million shipped by the end of March (Wii U, of course), which will be 1 million below the official forecast and 1 million+ below the desired sellthrough estimates. If the numbers falls significantly below these, they will have to take immediate and drastic action.

Yeah I'm seeing the WiiU at around 5mil or so come March (shipped), around 4.4mil sold. Anything lower than what you said would be pretty dire. But there's a long, long way to go. Sales could pick up, it could be undertracked in Europe, there could be a pricecut or some huge games come the end of the year, who knows. There's no need for concern now, unlike the Vita, of course.

I think 115k on average from now to E3 seems plausible. Some weeks around the 150k mark, some closer to 100k. 

4.4m sold?? That would be a miracle (~180k per week on average from here)

Is it? There's at least 13--14 weeks until then, it's on 2.7mil now (roughly), so it's closer to 120k per week.

EDIT**

Whoops, forgot about adjustments. I'll change the sales down 0.35mil, then, to just over 4mil.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
sidious164 said:

Not surprised about the wii u numbers. I think everyone is starting to catch on how ugly and terrible their oversized controller is. It's not catching on and they should've sticked to a more traditional controller instead.

Are you serious, "a more traditional controller", that's the mistake the PS3 and 360 made, they didn't offer anything new or innovative with their standard controllers, but the Wii offered something different and unique and it was  more succesful. I f the PS3 and 360 offer only standard controllers next gen then they will have the same problems they had this gen. Offering a more traditoinal controller is not the answer for the Wii U, besides, the Wii U has the pro controller anyway, you obviously forgot about that when you wrote your comment.

Conegamer said:
freebs2 said:
Now they have to show something really amazing at e3 or I see this going to fall behind the Gamecube.

0% chance that will happen.

I'd say it won't happen most likely because of the japan market and because the next Mario Kart / Smash Bros / *add another Nintendo IP here* will eventually save it, still at this moment the risk of becoming irrilevant is high, with Ps3/360 receiving a key 3rd party titles like GTA, Bioshock, Metal Gear, then fall 2013 the Ps4/Xbox3 will launch with most likely a better hardware and a competitive price (no I don't think they will be much more expansive than WiiU on launch) and Ps3/360 will also likely recive a price cut.

Anyway at this point it's safe to say they have screwed up launch, just like they did with 3DS, with the main difference that while on the handled market they had no direct competition (Sony shoot itself in the foot), the home console market is very competitive.

Wander_ said:
Seeing the ps3 outselling all other consoles is WAY better than sex.

This is probably the saddest thing I have read in here! Unless you are underage of course

Switch!!!

freebs2 said:
Conegamer said:
freebs2 said:
Now they have to show something really amazing at e3 or I see this going to fall behind the Gamecube.

I'd say it won't happen most likely because of the japan market and because the next Mario Kart / Smash Bros / *add another Nintendo IP here* will eventually save it, still at this moment the risk of becoming irrilevant is high, with Ps3/360 receiving a key 3rd party titles like GTA, Bioshock, Metal Gear, then fall 2013 the Ps4/Xbox3 will launch with most likely a better hardware and a competitive price (no I don't think they will be much more expansive than WiiU on launch) and Ps3/360 will also likely recive a price cut.

Anyway at this point it's safe to say they have screwed up launch, just like they did with 3DS, with the main difference that while on the handled market they had no direct competition (Sony shoot itself in the foot), the home console market is very competitive.

Very good points made here. The launch has been a bit of a false-start, but a lot of that is down to PR. They simply didn't push the system enough this Christmas, and without the games library people picked up other versions. The home market is dying, this gen. It's the PS4/720 which the WiiU shall be compared against.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
fedfed said:
Wander_ said:
Seeing the ps3 outselling all other consoles is WAY better than sex.

This is probably the saddest thing I have read in here! Unless you are underage of course

Sex is overrated who needs it EWWW.

Was PS3 adjusted down? No way, PS3 was shipped 7million in Nov and Dec to fulfill the customer's demands. The sell-through number must be way higher. VGC undertracked PS3 WW.

Conegamer said:
freebs2 said:

Which? Nintendo having a great E3 or WiiU falling behind GC? 

Ledreppe said:
sidious164 said:

Not surprised about the wii u numbers. I think everyone is starting to catch on how ugly and terrible their oversized controller is. It's not catching on and they should've sticked to a more traditional controller instead.

Are you serious, "a more traditional controller", that's the mistake the PS3 and 360 made, they didn't offer anything new or innovative with their standard controllers, but the Wii offered something different and unique and it was  more succesful. I f the PS3 and 360 offer only standard controllers next gen then they will have the same problems they had this gen. Offering a more traditoinal controller is not the answer for the Wii U, besides, the Wii U has the pro controller anyway, you obviously forgot about that when you wrote your comment.

You know, I had never purchased a nintendo console before the Wii, and yes it was the controller that sold it to me, seeing the ability to play real sports games using a controller, wow it was amazing. But you know what, I wont be tempted to buy another Nintendo console because of a "unique innovative controller", because for me, I found it poor, and preferred a tradditional controller especially when I found out i could just move my wii controller left and right, just sitting on the sofa, the wii became a bit of a joke. They really had the chance to change gaming, and though Move didnt sell the PS3 in the same way, the controller was so much better and precise. Nintendo even had the chance to improve things with the wii-remote plus, and then didnt even support or bundle it that much... but i guess by then I had already moved on.

I wanna see full adjustment totals. Where is ethomaz?