By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 5th January

Wander_ said:
Conegamer said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Conegamer said:

0% chance that will happen.

Which? Nintendo having a great E3 or WiiU falling behind GC? 

WiiU falling behind the GC. I know, technically, it currently is in America, but it will vasstly outsell it.

You mean europe. Right?

It is actually selling more tahn PS3 and Xb360 at teh same time in tehir history!!!!!!! how can it be selling less than GC?

Switch!!!

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
kitler53 said:
Wander_ said:
sergiodaly said:
what was the prediction nintendo did for Wii U? was 5mil by 31 march? i think it was but not sure...
if that is what nintendo is expecting, i guess they will miss it. but 3DS will keep them happy...

Nintendo always surprises you. The WiiU could rise like the 3DS did

3DS was saved via the combination of a major price cut and a mario game. that will be harder to due for wiiU.  3DS had a large margin for price cut while wiiU is already being sold at a small loss.  a significant price cut any time soon means nintendo will be taking "ps3 like" losses.  and wiiU already has a mario game.

not saying that can't "save" wiiU.  just saying that unlike the 3DS, the path to save wiiU is far less obvious.

Why does Wii U need saving? It's sold about 2.5 million units in six weeks. That's more than PS3 and Xbox 360 sold in the first six weeks, and those systems crossed 70 million.

It's been six weeks, that's it. Monster Hunter hasn't launched. Mario Kart hasn't launched. Smash Bros. hasn't launched. Wii Sports hasn't launched. Donkey Kong, Metroid, Animal Crossing, and many others haven't launched.

I don't understand why so many think it's in danger of flopping.

if you are going to compare to ps3's first 6 weeks please don't forget that ps3 was only out in 2 regions over those 6 weeks.  if you align all regions you'll find a different story being told.

I hope the 3DS manages to keep the momentum going. More than 500k in a week like this...That's just crazy

fedfed said:
just a quick reminder

5th January 2013 first week after Xmas for WiiU release year = 135k sold for a total of 2,4 mil
6th January 2007 first week after Xmas from PS3 release date = 136k sold for a total of 1,4mil
7th January 2006 first week after Xmas after the XBox360 release = 117k sold and 1,3 mil in total

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/39089/Global/
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/38725/Global/

Was that flop? Did Sony or MS do something quick and massive to change that?

Plus a minor difference: Nintendo has the 3DS in beast mode and Wii and DS keep bringing profit in... not everything feels doomed from Nintendo to me... any comment???

I am happy to have a Wii U selling on pair of XB360 and PS3!

Guy's we already know about that Stop rubbing it in our faces. Plus the ps3 was $250 more expensive and didn't have any huge game like Mario the money maker.

Those PS3 numbers in europe are insane

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
kitler53 said:
Wander_ said:
sergiodaly said:
[...]

[...]

[...]

Why does Wii U need saving? It's sold about 2.5 million units in six weeks. That's more than PS3 and Xbox 360 sold in the first six weeks, and those systems crossed 70 million.

It's been six weeks, that's it. Monster Hunter hasn't launched. Mario Kart hasn't launched. Smash Bros. hasn't launched. Wii Sports hasn't launched. Donkey Kong, Metroid, Animal Crossing, and many others haven't launched.

if you are going to compare to ps3's first 6 weeks please don't forget that ps3 was only out in 2 regions over those 6 weeks.  if you align all regions you'll find a different story being told.

Fair enough. But now PS3 is in third place. Proving again that it's far too early for so much negativity vis-a-vis Wii U sales.

The point is that Wii U doesn't need saving. It's not on life support. It's not in danger of becoming the next Sega Dreamcast.

It's underperforming in comparison to one of the most popular video game systems of all time -- the Wii -- but it's doing quite well in comparison to the other two seventh generation systems, which happen to be selling quite well six and seven years after launching.

It just strikes me that much of this doom and gloom has to do with gut feelings and wishful thinking, and less to do with numbers and projections.

ps3 totally dominating the console market again. wii u is in real trouble here.

Wander_ said:
fedfed said:
just a quick reminder

5th January 2013 first week after Xmas for WiiU release year = 135k sold for a total of 2,4 mil
6th January 2007 first week after Xmas from PS3 release date = 136k sold for a total of 1,4mil
7th January 2006 first week after Xmas after the XBox360 release = 117k sold and 1,3 mil in total

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/39089/Global/
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/38725/Global/

Was that flop? Did Sony or MS do something quick and massive to change that?

Plus a minor difference: Nintendo has the 3DS in beast mode and Wii and DS keep bringing profit in... not everything feels doomed from Nintendo to me... any comment???

I am happy to have a Wii U selling on pair of XB360 and PS3!

Guy's we already know about that Stop rubbing it in our faces. Plus the ps3 was $250 more expensive and didn't have any huge game like Mario the money maker.

Well it doesn t matter and actually you just mentioned two things that can be in favour for Wii U for time to come.

I am just saying that it looks fine to me... as I am thinking that PS3 and XB360 did a great job!

And it is not rubbing in the face is just making a point on why WIiU is doomed and a flop and the other two are not! The answer is time.... and only after 5/6 years we able to say so!

Can we not wait at least a year before all this non senses on Wiiu?

Switch!!!

thehusbo said:
ps3 totally dominating the console market again. wii u is in real trouble here.

No it isn't read above and wait 5 years!

Thanks....

Switch!!!

Veknoid_Outcast said:
kitler53 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
kitler53 said:
Wander_ said:
sergiodaly said:
[...]

[...]

[...]

Fair enough. But now PS3 is in third place. Proving again that it's far too early for so much negativity vis-a-vis Wii U sales.

The point is that Wii U doesn't need saving. It's not on life support. It's not in danger of becoming the next Sega Dreamcast.

It's underperforming in comparison to one of the most popular video game systems of all time -- the Wii -- but it's doing quite well in comparison to the other two seventh generation systems, which happen to be selling quite well six and seven years after launching.

It just strikes me that much of this doom and gloom has to do with gut feelings and wishful thinking, and less to do with numbers and projections.

They only say WiiU is on life support because the numbers have diclined.