By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 5th January

Wii U price cut coming soon?

Around the Network
fedfed said:
thehusbo said:
ps3 totally dominating the console market again. wii u is in real trouble here.

No it isn't read above and wait 5 years!

Thanks....

Lol. He meant this week. Thats like saying wait 10 years for the ps4.

man-bear-pig said:
Oh my god...PSV nearly double the Wii U in Europe. Surely that can't be right...? :o

Anyway, pretty poor numbers all around with the exception of the 3DS and PS3.

The power of advertisement.

Cant believe the PS3 actually outsold the wii u by over 5x in europe.. and 2x with the 360

I've been charting the week-to-week sales for the Wii U and comparing them with weekly Wii sales, and they've adjusted the sales down for the Wii U almost across the board today. Through week 7, the total spread jumped from 17% to 27% after I put in the latest Wii U numbers from launch week on. Of course, I saved over that shit like a dumbass so I can't post comparison shots of the chart... -_-

At any rate, Nintendo hitting that 5.5 million target by the end of March (which would represent only a 5-6% total spread) was already suspect. This makes it pretty much impossible, as the holiday season is long gone and there's no pent up demand due to low supply or any big system seller on the horizon in the next 3 months. It'd have to sell an average of more than 300k a week from now on to hit that goal, and the Wii didn't come anywhere near that.

THIS is a lot more worrying than the system being outsold by last-gen stuff.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
Gehirnkrampf said:
130k in favor of PS3? That's immense, i think this will be adjusted down.
If not: PS3 will surpass XBox soon.

I want a gap chart like done before. One over the whole year of 2012.

If I had a nickel for everytime I heard that, I would be a millionaire.

correction: You would have a nickle.

Sigh, the best period is ending quickly...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

fedfed said:
Wander_ said:
Conegamer said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Conegamer said:

0% chance that will happen.

Which? Nintendo having a great E3 or WiiU falling behind GC? 

WiiU falling behind the GC. I know, technically, it currently is in America, but it will vasstly outsell it.

You mean europe. Right?

It is actually selling more tahn PS3 and Xb360 at teh same time in tehir history!!!!!!! how can it be selling less than GC?

Please visit this thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152709

Wander_ said:
Seeing the ps3 outselling all other consoles is WAY better than sex.

Maybe you should wait until you experience both before making this statement ;P

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

kowenicki said:
Yeah. Europe numbers too high. Expect further adjustments as time passes and numbers become apparent.

i bet if Xbox was winning in europe you wouldn't have said that.