By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 5th January

kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:
360 and PS3 Europe numbers are very hard to believe, I mean the gap in previous years was never that big was it?

It's not hard to believe at all. As people have been saying, especially in that region, PS3 wil sustain longevity and is already more popular there. New models have launched as well. If anything, I imagine the gap to be higher than that.

I think you and the site are wrong.  There is no point in arguing about it but we shall see in the next few weeks as numbers are released.

Euope seems fine for Ps3 - down 35% from same week 2012. 360 is the problem, it's too low. Would be down 50% over same week 2012. I think it will be adjusted up by 10%.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Wander_ said:
kowenicki said:
Yeah. Europe numbers too high. Expect further adjustments as time passes and numbers become apparent.

i bet if Xbox was winning in europe you wouldn't have said that.

That becasue you think that i think like you.

I said last week that we were overtracking everywhere... including the US and including the 360.

take your blinkers off.

These numbers are too high.

Till then. I believe what i see.

fedfed said:
Wander_ said:
Seeing the ps3 outselling all other consoles is WAY better than sex.

This is probably the saddest thing I have read in here! Unless you are underage of course

I see all those "But I love my Vita" and "I love my PS3" comments in a different light now. I'm never buying Sony products used again *looks digusted at his Vita*.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Well at least there won't be any more posts about supply constraints.  The adjustments bringing the Wii U well below 400k for every week other than the NA/JP launch kind of makes the arguments over the last few weeks a bit silly.

kowenicki said:

says the man who appears in thread on sales only when it looks a certain way.  yeah... I went there. 

I said last week (its an actual post, series of posts actually, that you can read in an actual thread if you like)  that all consoles, including the 360 were overtracked in all regions.

Yep down 33% from same week 2012 is certainly overtracked. Yep. 

Europe is wrong, 360 undertracked. Ps3 on target. 

Europe total is down 42% - this means undertracked.

Around the Network
Chandler said:
fedfed said:
Wander_ said:
Seeing the ps3 outselling all other consoles is WAY better than sex.

This is probably the saddest thing I have read in here! Unless you are underage of course

I see all those "But I love my Vita" and "I love my PS3" comments in a different light now. I'm never buying Sony products used again *looks digusted at his Vita*.

i don't understand you're point.

Yeah the financials will certainly make interesting reading. I think all 3 will have something positive to say as they all have something in their favour... but overall this could be a rough year for gaming. :(

ADJUSTMENTS IN PREVIOUS WEEKS

CONSOLE ADJUSTMENT
3DS 218,451
PS3 -611,649
360 -674,507
Wii -219,361
DS -97,463
PSP 1,790
PSV -149,354
Wii U -203,247

FULL 2012 ADJUSTMENTS

3DS -2,452,125
PS3 -745,518
360 -1,671,068
Wii -1,168,006
DS -569,166
PSP 93,682
PSV -556,711
Wii U -209,869
Total -7,278,781

Train wreck said:

Seems we have to bring back the chalkboard for the wii U.  Have to house these Wii U excuses somewhere:

a lot of those games did help PS3 though...at least the exclusives since they're the only reason I can think of that people still buy it over Xbox despite it being more expensive still.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Euphoria14 said:
Train wreck said:

Seems we have to bring back the chalkboard for the wii U.  Have to house these Wii U excuses somewhere:

Ethomaz was pretty much warned by Khan last night because he posted a WiiU related .gif from GAF, claiming it was unnecessary and not to do it again.

Sadly I expect the same to happen with this.

I don't want this user gif get banned too.

I'm a PS3 fan and I like to laugh with theses gifs even if hurts my loved brand... it's cool... and more there is Gran Turismo 5 wrote in it so i's a AMAZING gif.

The mods in this site were just losting credibility... funny gifs was never reason for warnings or bans.