By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 5th January

Now they have to show something really amazing at e3 or I see this going to fall behind the Gamecube.

Around the Network

The funny thing about that chalkboard is that , as trolls never seemed able to understand, all those games in totality DID in fact save the ps3.

Mummelmann said:
Conegamer said:

I'm not feeling those PS3 Europe numbers to be accurate somehow...

Also, the PSP number is 100% worng. My rudimentary addition would mean the PSP sold 40k in Rest Of World this week.

Finally, heavy drop all around, expect the WiiU to stabilise around 115k-ish with the 360 at 120k and PS3 at 140k (on average). 3DS is beasting.

Sounds about right. But with the likely announcement of new consoles sometime in Q2, the aging HD twins will likely suffer drops beyond normal saturation. Wii U could also very well drop well below 115k for many weeks, especially if Japan slows down and Americas and Europe continue to ignore it (Europe in particular could screw the weekly numbers). All in all, I stand by my 4 million sold and 4.5 million shipped by the end of March (Wii U, of course), which will be 1 million below the official forecast and 1 million+ below the desired sellthrough estimates. If the numbers falls significantly below these, they will have to take immediate and drastic action.

Yeah I'm seeing the WiiU at around 5mil or so come March (shipped), around 4.4mil sold. Anything lower than what you said would be pretty dire. But there's a long, long way to go. Sales could pick up, it could be undertracked in Europe, there could be a pricecut or some huge games come the end of the year, who knows. There's no need for concern now, unlike the Vita, of course.

I think 115k on average from now to E3 seems plausible. Some weeks around the 150k mark, some closer to 100k. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I am wondering if VGCHARTZ will redesign their extrapolation formula or expand their retailer information channel.

We understand that VGC is a free and non-pro tracking site, so we don't expect the data is going to be 100% accurate. But this kind of huge over-track or undertrack issue will destroy the credibility of this site step by step and will make gamers stay away or leave this site. If this continues, the weekly chart discussion will become more and more pointless.

I really wish VGC improve it because I really love this site.

pezus said:
walsufnir said:
Ps3 strong if numbers are correct...

So you think it's too high? It was 430k for the same week last year...130k drop, 70k+ of that being in Europe (it did 200k+ there last year). If anything, it might be undertracked. 

I am just sceptical after recent adjustments...

Around the Network
freebs2 said:
Now they have to show something really amazing at e3 or I see this going to fall behind the Gamecube.

0% chance that will happen.

Halo4 outselling blops2 on 360 and ps3 in us! Placed 3rd in uk! 360 strong again in software!

walsufnir said:
pezus said:
walsufnir said:
Ps3 strong if numbers are correct...

So you think it's too high? It was 430k for the same week last year...130k drop, 70k+ of that being in Europe (it did 200k+ there last year). If anything, it might be undertracked. 

I am just sceptical after recent adjustments...

Makes sense, everything about the PS3 and Vita in Europe seems wrong. 

Nintendo will release numbers very shortly, however, so we'll know for ecertain then.

zhao3gold said:
I am wondering if VGCHARTZ will redesign their extrapolation formula or expand their retailer information channel.

We understand that VGC is a free and non-pro tracking site, so we don't expect the data is going to be 100% accurate. But this kind of huge over-track or undertrack issue will destroy the credibility of this site step by step and will make gamers stay away or leave this site. If this continues, the weekly chart discussion will become more and more pointless.

I really wish VGC improve it because I really love this site.

ioi said the reason the site is alive is because of ~20 Pro customers who I'm sure ARE expecting good tracking for their money. He will be more likely to change it for them.

Chandler said:
Everytime vita crosses 13% marketshare, it gets adjusted down. Sooooo funny.

Wii U sales are bad. Like, really bad. Especially NoE needs a major kick to the crotch, they failed on every scale.

bad is relative.  if by bad you mean wiiU seems to be following a ps360 sales path then yeah.

...AAANnd, who was it yesterday that was quite adamant that wiiU could maintain a weekly sales average above 178k?   please identify yourself as i would like to poke fun at you now.  :P