By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 5th January

I find it laughable with all you people saying the wii U is doomed, the Wii U is tanking it, the Wii U is crumbling. You should listen to yourselves! The Wii U sales aren't actually all that bad, they're almost the same as 360. Let's see how the 720 and PS4 compare for the same time period after their launched, I will laugh in your faces if they're no better than the Wii U. You people on VGchartz (mainly PS3 fanboys) love to hate Nintendo, just because it's cool and fun to bash nintendo these days, even when they're doing well or doing the right thing. The tide could still turn for the Wii U, you'd think you lot were just downtalking the Wii U in the hope that sending out negative vibes will discourage people from buying it. Just quit it, now!

Around the Network

Seems there was a stealth edit to the numbers, wii u was at 21k now at 24, vita sales down in europe from 39 to 30.

Nsanity said:

Turkish said:
3DS beast in Japan

PS3 beast in Europe

360 beast in N.America

everything else meh

This ^^

Speaking strictly from marketshare, the 360 is far from a beast. A 5k lead over second place and a 25k lead over 3rd place isn't a beast. It's not comparable the PS3 in Europe and certainly not the 3DS in Japan.

I don't think under- or over-tracking will ruin this site's cred, as you said it's a free website. I'm sure they're doing their best with predicting numbers.

What might ruin it is how overly sensitive the forums have become.

OP: ughh Wii U...Nintendo start announcing some games!!

what was the prediction nintendo did for Wii U? was 5mil by 31 march? i think it was but not sure...
if that is what nintendo is expecting, i guess they will miss it. but 3DS will keep them happy...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network

Ohmuhgawd, the HD Wii with a tablet is not doing so well in sales. No way, shocking...to know no one.

OT: 3DS is a beast that cannot be stopped.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Wii U worse than I projected. I now have full confidence that it will not hit 4M by end of March.

PS3: Down 30% from same week 2012.

360: Down 36% from same week 2012.

Europe numbers seem a bit off for 360. Would be 360 down 50% in Europe from same week 2012.

No issue with  PS3 down 35% in EU, only slightly different than weekly total percentage change. 

sergiodaly said:
what was the prediction nintendo did for Wii U? was 5mil by 31 march? i think it was but not sure...
if that is what nintendo is expecting, i guess they will miss it. but 3DS will keep them happy...

Nintendo always surprises you. The WiiU could rise like the 3DS did

The Wii-U sales are ok in Japan/USA at the moment, considering external factors such as a major recession (especially in certain parts of Europe0.

I really see the next 12 months being potentially difficult for Nintendo. The major game releases in Feb-May is just astounding and most are not appearing on the Wii-u. If we talk about gamers, and water cooler moments, they will be talking about games not available on the wii-u, advertising on TV will be for non Wii-U consoles. Then we have GTA... this will be massive, it still has a chance of a wii-u release, but if its not at the same time as PS3/Xbox/PC then forget it.

Then we have possible Xbox720/PS4 announcements, thats two major consoles being talked about from say Feb/March? to June (from initial talks to E3 showings).

Then we have those consoles launching - if they do it this year, lets say October and November. Again all the press will be about those consoles.

So Nintendo better have something massive to talk about this year (which is coming out this year) or they will be basically blown away by PR from their competition. Saying Zelda will come out in 2014 isn't going to be enough I feel right now.

How i see it at the moment is, Wii-U will not sell anywhere as good this year to the Wii's time line, and unlike where the Wii kept doing stellar, i really see the Wii-U dropping a lot faster. Thus allowing the next gen consoles to catch and overtake it.

Ledreppe said:
I find it laughable with all you people saying the wii U is doomed, the Wii U is tanking it, the Wii U is crumbling. You should listen to yourselves! The Wii U sales aren't actually all that bad, they're almost the same as 360 (1). Let's see how the 720 and PS4 compare for the same time period after their launched, I will laugh in your faces if they're no better than the Wii U. You people on VGchartz (mainly PS3 fanboys (2)) love to hate Nintendo, just because it's cool and fun to bash nintendo these days, even when they're doing well or doing the right thing. The tide could still turn for the Wii U, you'd think you lot were just downtalking the Wii U in the hope that sending out negative vibes will discourage people from buying it. Just quit it, now!

(1) almost matching a 7-year old system. Huge performance!

(2) there are also many Nintendo defenders. VGchartz is somewhat balanced for that.