By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U sold less than PS3 in US December at Launch. What do you think about?

WTF?

DOOMED 28 33.33%

FAIL 12 14.29%

PS3 AMAZING 43 51.19%

Total:83

Wii U (December 2012): 460k
PS3 (December 2006): 490k

PS3 was priced at $600... Wii U at $450 $350.

So what the vgcharterz think about?

PS. I really need to create this thread.

Edit - Fixed the Wii U price launch... thanks guys to make the things even worst .

Around the Network

Wii U is priced at 299/349 good sir

Who ripped you off? The Wii U is only 350$. (But I guess that makes it seem even more of a fail.)

The Wii U's US launch can only be described by the user aboves username.

EDIT: Fuck sake ninpie! Train wreck was supposed to be the user directly above me... >_>

Sweet justice...looking forward to feeding crow to some cocky fanboys from 2007 era...

Around the Network
Train wreck said:

Wii U is priced at 299/349 good sir

Oh God!!! It's even worst.

That's it, Nintendo no more. There's no turning back. I'm expecting Nintendo to announce they're becoming a software company at this years E3.

Nintendo and PC gamer

*WiiU is $300/350

As I said in the thread, a short-term failure does not mean long-term doom. Sure, it's far from ideal to have a poor start but it really means nothing in the grand scheme of things. The 3DS is a pretty great example of this. A lackluster start, yes, but then Nintendo announced big hitting games, dropped the price to cover off their rival arriving in the market, and as such the 3DS has gone from strength to strength whilst their rival well...hasn't.

I expect a similar scenario for the WiiU this coming Christmas. Release big games (Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros.?), drop the price so it's $100-150 below their cheapest rival and you've got yourself a winner.

Trying to "spin" the first month's sales either way is pretty nonsensical when there's nothing to compare it to, especially when you have no idea of it's long-term performance.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

man-bear-pig said:

The Wii U's US launch can only be described by the user aboves username.

EDIT: Fuck sake ninpie! Train wreck was supposed to be the user directly above me... >_>

Well I guess you were just too slow!

wheres the last star fighter?