By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U sold less than PS3 in US December at Launch. What do you think about?

WTF?

DOOMED 28 33.33%

FAIL 12 14.29%

PS3 AMAZING 43 51.19%

Total:83
forest-spirit said:
Carl2291 said:
Its quite alarming, but nothing too major.

What was the PS3s biggest game at launch? Resistance?

WiiU's was 2D Mario.

Haha, you're right, it's not so bad!

*commits public sudoku*

here you go ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

i was just kidding :D

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I think this is disastrous and the system is in for a painful 2013 until 3D Mario + Mario Kart (most likely) can be shoved out for fall 2013.

Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 aren't big enough to turn this around unless Nintendo has been sitting on something massive coming before fall.

You're on the clock now Iwata. Show us what you got. 

Turkish said:
DanneSandin said:
I guess that if Sony could turn the PS3 around Nintendo could turn this around... But it's looking bleak =/

Ofcourse, Ambassador program this year, free gamecube games for everyone <3 ^_^

I'm glad I haven't gotten me one yet :p I don't want any crappy GC games!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

ethomaz said:
chapset said:
how come the wii U is doing so much better then the ps3 and xbox 360 at launch ??? is it because it was launch world wide on a shorter period of time than the competition???

Japan and because PS3 was launched just in March, 2007 in Europe... launch aligned for all regions the PS3 is selling better than Wii U.

Holy jesus!!! so Nintendo fans are right when they say the wii U is doomed!!

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

How the times have changed huh!?

Doesn't surprise me. There is no hype for the Wii U. No excitement.

When the Wii came, EVERYONE was hyped. People wanted the Wii - it got tons of positive press from even non-gaming journals. The Wii U has had nothing but negative press.

The Wii U has no target audience. It's not for hardcore gamers, it's not for casuals, and barely for Nintendo fans. The Wii U is a useless console - the touch screen is extremely pointless and the Wii U is not powerful enough.

Being a weak powered console worked for the Wii because of the controller. The Wii U can't do that. How dare Nintendo charge $350 for 2006 technology! This is only the beginning. Nintendo is going to get DESTROYED this year. I thought the Wii U may have had hit 40 million units sold, but now I am thinking possibly 30 million only.

DanneSandin said:
I guess that if Sony could turn the PS3 around Nintendo could turn this around... But it's looking bleak =/

Nintendo doesn't have as much room to turn it around like Sony did. The price was Sony's biggest problem which Nintendo doesn't have an issue with. Also, Nintendo is under Ps3 so even with a turn around I'd think it would be less than Ps3 LT numbers.

McDonaldsGuy said:
Doesn't surprise me. There is no hype for the Wii U. No excitement.

When the Wii came, EVERYONE was hyped. People wanted the Wii - it got tons of positive press from even non-gaming journals. The Wii U has had nothing but negative press.

The Wii U has no target audience. It's not for hardcore gamers, it's not for casuals, and barely for Nintendo fans. The Wii U is a useless console - the touch screen is extremely pointless and the Wii U is not powerful enough.

Being a weak powered console worked for the Wii because of the controller. The Wii U can't do that. How dare Nintendo charge $350 for 2006 technology! This is only the beginning. Nintendo is going to get DESTROYED this year. I thought the Wii U may have had hit 40 million units sold, but now I am thinking possibly 30 million only.

The female/non-gamer/hipster audience that embraced the Wii in 2006 has completely abandoned Nintendo, just like the Nintendogs/Brian Training crowd has completely abandoned the 3DS. 

Nintendo I think bet the farm on these people showing up to their party, and it's only been their closest friends (Nintendo fans) that have shown up. 

DanneSandin said:

Turkish said:

DanneSandin said:

Ofcourse, Ambassador program this year, free gamecube games for everyone <3 ^_^

I'm glad I haven't gotten me one yet :p I don't want any crappy GC games!!

-_-