By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Konami: "No chance" for a Wii U version of Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2

If the situation continues, WiiU will have the worst third part support in this gen and an even worse support next gen.

Around the Network

OK everyone likes that Nintendo go third party etc etc, what they don't realise is that the day it happens Nintendo will DESTROY every third-party in the world because everyone will only buy mostly Nintendo games on Xbox and PS's, so i think the better way to maintain 70 % of thirdpartys alive is letting nintendo live as a console maker =D

Birimbau said:

If the situation continues, WiiU will have the worst third part support in this gen and an even worse support next gen.

Nintendo hasn't had proper third party support since Sony came into the gaming industry, which is nearly twenty years now.

Will this be a great loss? Not to me. Just another title that will be on 2 other consoles. I wanna see more exclusives as opposed to multiplats. I'm loving Zombi U and dammit I want more titles like it. Nintendo will set istelf apart with its exclusives, let sony and ms fight it out for the multiplats. We have exclusive titles coming in the next few months and even more to be announced. Its called creating an identity and Nintendo is doing that right now

Games are fun.

itsyounghavok said:
Will this be a great loss? Not to me. Just another title that will be on 2 other consoles. I wanna see more exclusives as opposed to multiplats. I'm loving Zombi U and dammit I want more titles like it. Nintendo will set istelf apart with its exclusives, let sony and ms fight it out for the multiplats. We have exclusive titles coming in the next few months and even more to be announced. Its called creating an identity and Nintendo is doing that right now

But but what if msony gets both third party multiplats AND exclusives? Mind blowing I know

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

You're not getting many big budget exclusives, developers can't afford to make exclusive HD games, even the 360 or PS3 don't get many and the Wii U has no where near the userbase of either of those platforms.

Nintendo's best bet IMO is to cut deals with Japanese companies that might be willing to back them and focus on indie/smaller devs in the West and help finance some of their software.

More games like Trine 2, but exclusive to Nintendo, would be a good start.

They already alienated their fanbase with the original Lord of shadows game...clearly they're aiming for the smallest audience possible.

(note:no offence, i thought it was great but lets face it noone bought it and a lot of castlevania fans seemed to hate it as fans hate it when companies fuck with the formula)

sigh i just wish they'd stuck with the 'symphony' style games on the nintendo handhelds...

mushroomboy5 said:
They already alienated their fanbase with the original Lord of shadows game...clearly they're aiming for the smallest audience possible.

(note:no offence, i thought it was great but lets face it noone bought it and a lot of castlevania fans seemed to hate it as fans hate it when companies fuck with the formula)

sigh i just wish they'd stuck with the 'symphony' style games on the nintendo handhelds...

As a massive traditional CastleVania fan, for me it was thoroughly refreshing to play Lords of Shadow. It annoyed the hell out of me that all the recent CastleVania games were MetroidVania style ones. I much preferred the 8 and 16 bit ones.

There were some parts that they utterly nailed with Lords of Shadow, particularly in relation to Super CastleVania IV which was my favourite one. However they dropped the ball on the atmosphere. It wasn't CastleVania-ey enough for me. Though Symphony of the Night had an utterly mind blowingly good soundtrack, I'll give it that. I just preferred the more pure platforming experience of the older ones.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

itsyounghavok said:

What's that for a logic ?

Third party exclusives are not better or worse than multiplats. (Except if it's not properly optimized for the non-lead platform)

So having a few third party exclusives is definitely NOT better than having a lot of multiplats.

mushroomboy5 said:

Lords of Shadow is the best-selling Castlevania game of all time, if I'm not mistaken.