By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Konami: "No chance" for a Wii U version of Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2

"no chance" such a childish comment.

How about elaborate on what they mean by it lol.

Around the Network

Castlevania has no business not being on Nintendo-consoles. Just like Mega Man i more or less consider Castlevania a Nintendo-franchise on the level of Zelda, Mario and Metroid, and playing them on other consoles just feels wrong

Castlevania is crapy the wii u. Dont need bad games6

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

This is a big multiplatform game?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Khuutra said:
mushroomboy5 said:
They already alienated their fanbase with the original Lord of shadows game...clearly they're aiming for the smallest audience possible.

(note:no offence, i thought it was great but lets face it noone bought it and a lot of castlevania fans seemed to hate it as fans hate it when companies fuck with the formula)

sigh i just wish they'd stuck with the 'symphony' style games on the nintendo handhelds...

Lords of Shadow is the best-selling Castlevania game of all time, if I'm not mistaken.

No, if you combine the sales on both platforms it's close to equalling symphony of the night...doesn't mean it was purchased by longtime fans.

no castlevania game has sold well though, I'll admit

Around the Network

lol so sad

logic56 said:
lol so sad

what is? 

Wii U doom thread 68,036. =D

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

mushroomboy5 said:
They already alienated their fanbase with the original Lord of shadows game...clearly they're aiming for the smallest audience possible.

(note:no offence, i thought it was great but lets face it noone bought it and a lot of castlevania fans seemed to hate it as fans hate it when companies fuck with the formula)

sigh i just wish they'd stuck with the 'symphony' style games on the nintendo handhelds...

thats funny considering that LoS sold better than any of the DS Castlevania games

Khuutra said:

People are all like "Oh Konami is shafting Nintendo bloo bloo"

That isn't what's happening, here.

This game is not being developed internally by Konami. It is being developed by Mercurysteam. It began development in 2010 or 2011, before the Wii U specs were really out there for small developers like this one. Mercurysteam was given a certain budget and told to make the game within the confines of that budget. They (Mercurysteam) made a list of things they wanted in it. One of those was a PC version. They cut out some things so that it would fit the budget. Putting it on more platforms would require removing features in order to fit the budget.

Video game development is not that cut and dry, and neither is the publisher/developer relationship.

I think it is exactly what is happening here, Konami was not willing to give more resources to MercurySteam to work on a version for the Wii U, so even if the company would like to do it, they don't have the workforce and Konami is not willing to increase the budget. So, yes I blame Konami. This is not a case were the developer is not willing to work on the console like in other cases, this is a bussines choice made by the publisher and guess who is the publisher?