By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Konami: "No chance" for a Wii U version of Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2

M.U.G.E.N said:
That's a shame

dunno if anyone made a thread here for it but Crytek confirmed that Crysis won't be coming to wiiu as well

A huge, fairly mean-spirited thread dominated discourse yesterday.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

Wait... so you mean that Konami doesn't just hit a magical Wii U button and the game gets instantly ported regardless of when it started development?  Because that's the impression I got from everyone else's posts.

This discussion could drive a man to drink

The answer to your question is for you too look at the user base of the 3DS compared to the user base of the Wii U. Same reason why some games wont come out for the PS vita but for other consoles.

Another problem with Nintendo (not sure if its true) is that they been banking on their franchise games such as zelda, mario, and pokemon  to carry them that they pretty much alienated a lot of the  3rd party developers. Now that the Wii U came out that can play the same games as the PS3 and 360. Nintendo wants these developers. But they have either lost the relationship or never established a relationship with these developers.

hivycox said:
Its sad to hear this from Konami...Its even more sad to here how much people joyfully bash Nintendo once again ...
I don't know about you but its time like this that I wish people just play games and be entertained rather than bash other games...

As for me, I will support Nintendo... They are trying hardly to bring back third party companies and this is remarkable...Not every company would spend money only to get more third party games on their system...
Thanks Nintendo! You have here a proud Nintendo fan!

What ?

That is exactly was Microsoft and Sony has done last gen and Nintendo not doing it (besides Platinum Games) is pretty much the reason why some of these games are not coming to the system.

MS threw money at everything to come to its system. GTA IV, Tales of Vesperia, Final Fantasy XIII, Assassin's Creed (?), Minecraft etc. and still does with time exclusive DLCs Skyrim, Call of Duty, Resident Evil and more

Sony does it as well. DLC for Assassin's Creed, Battlefield 3 etc. and surely gave publishers also money or contracted third party developers to get/make games like Demon's Souls, Metal Gearr Solid 4, Portal 2, Bioshock and so on.

Mr Khan said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
That's a shame

dunno if anyone made a thread here for it but Crytek confirmed that Crysis won't be coming to wiiu as well

A huge, fairly mean-spirited thread dominated discourse yesterday.

Just saw it..yep. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

At some point I think Nintendo fans are going to have to stop glaring at third-party developers and instead ask Nintendo why this is happening. There is no conspiracy and multiple businesses don't independently hate a hardware manufacturer, not if it can make them more money. None of the publishers and developers in question are going to turn down opportunities if the cost/profit ratio checked out firmly in the positive. And please, the Origin thing, stop it.

The common factor in all these cases isn't EA, or Konami, or Activision; it's Nintendo. Logic tells us that Nintendo is where the questions should start.

How does Nintendo's efforts compare to the companies that -do- get third-party support? Are they putting in enough attention to the situation? Are they putting in enough funding and support? Are they actively trying to reverse the trend? Have they changed from the Nintendo of old, which sat back and expected both customers and business partners to dance to their drum because Mario?

Make no mistake at all, the initial problem was more Nintendo than anything else. If Nintendo is now working hard yet still meeting resistance, then that's one thing, but if they're being outworked by Sony and Microsoft, then disappointed fans need to stop letting them off the hook. Microsoft failed in Japan but they tried everything they could; can we for certain say the same thing about Nintendo?

Now, that being said, the Wii U situation is a bit different. I've said for months that we need to wait until games enter their development cycle that were planned initially with next gen systems in mind. The games being released right now are for the PS3/360 gen and they need to be released as quickly as possible so they have as much time on the market as possible. Do we really expect developers and publishers to extend development time for a Wii U port? Should we really expect late ports after the low sales for such at launch?

Developers and publishers, right now, are concentrating on the huge installed bases for the PS3/360 in terms of titles for THAT generation. It makes perfect sense. The logic is simply that they believe pretty much everyone who has an interest in Crysis 3 or whatever already has a system for THIS generation, which would make Wii U development somewhat superfluous. Seriously, how many people want to play Crysis who don't have a PS3/360? Is that number worth the millions needed for a port?

Honestly, the situation right now doesn't mean a whole lot. The Wii U is a next gen system. If it's not getting -next gen- games when the time comes, then you should worry.

IMO it makes no sense to bring HD sequels to the WiiU. The fanbase just isn't there, and nobody is going to buy part 2 or 3 of a franchise without having acces to its earlier iterations.

Since most games announced nowadays are sequels, Nintendo will miss out on most HD third party games, even though those third party games were the sole reason for Nintendo to have launched the WiiU like they did.

pokoko said:
At some point I think Nintendo fans are going to have to stop glaring at third-party developers and instead ask Nintendo why this is happening. There is no conspiracy and multiple businesses don't independently hate a hardware manufacturer, not if it can make them more money. None of the publishers and developers in question are going to turn down opportunities if the cost/profit ratio checked out firmly in the positive. And please, the Origin thing, stop it.

The common factor in all these cases isn't EA, or Konami, or Activision; it's Nintendo. Logic tells us that Nintendo is where the questions should start.

How does Nintendo's efforts compare to the companies that -do- get third-party support? Are they putting in enough attention to the situation? Are they putting in enough funding and support? Are they actively trying to reverse the trend? Have they changed from the Nintendo of old, which sat back and expected both customers and business partners to dance to their drum because Mario?

Make no mistake at all, the initial problem was more Nintendo than anything else. If Nintendo is now working hard yet still meeting resistance, then that's one thing, but if they're being outworked by Sony and Microsoft, then disappointed fans need to stop letting them off the hook. Microsoft failed in Japan but they tried everything they could; can we for certain say the same thing about Nintendo?

Now, that being said, the Wii U situation is a bit different. I've said for months that we need to wait until games enter their development cycle that were planned initially with next gen systems in mind. The games being released right now are for the PS3/360 gen and they need to be released as quickly as possible so they have as much time on the market as possible. Do we really expect developers and publishers to extend development time for a Wii U port? Should we really expect late ports after the low sales for such at launch?

Developers and publishers, right now, are concentrating on the huge installed bases for the PS3/360 in terms of titles for THAT generation. It makes perfect sense. The logic is simply that they believe pretty much everyone who has an interest in Crysis 3 or whatever already has a system for THIS generation, which would make Wii U development somewhat superfluous. Seriously, how many people want to play Crysis who don't have a PS3/360? Is that number worth the millions needed for a port?

Honestly, the situation right now doesn't mean a whole lot. The Wii U is a next gen system. If it's not getting -next gen- games when the time comes, then you should worry.

Re: Origin. I've granted that it's just a rumor still, but explain to me how E3 2011's onstage proclamation of "unprecedented support" by EA's CEO turn into what we got in 2012: a self-sabotaged and gimped Mass Effect 3 port, and a gimped Madden and FIFA that were thrown together in 6 months a piece (even though it was 1.5 YEARS after the declaration of on-stage support).

It's blaringly obvious that something happened in between E3 2011 and E3 2012, and it had to be something big for EA to go from singing Nintendo's praises publicly to giving them a subtle middle finger one year later. While Nintendo may not have the best track record with getting third party supports, they usually get results when they try (like Monster Hunter Tri or Dragon Quest), so it's hard to imagine that Nintendo was unilaterally the one to screw up that relationship. The origin thing makes sense based on what Ricitiello said at E3 2011, which implied that EA and Nintendo were forging something of a partnership for the Nintendo Network, and it's easy to imagine that EA made an offer that Nintendo found unfair and rejected, which (again, EA on Dreamcast) leads to a childish response of token support from EA (and only token support because they have legal obligations to the NFL and FIFA). My guess is the only reason ME3U was even made was that it was too late in the development cycle to bother canceling it when the rift came, because it was clearly sent out to die.

My thing is that Nintendo shouldn't have to fight just to get the multiplat games. Publishers with a brain should just put them there. Exclusives and exclusive content (DLC, etc) are another matter entirely, but a lack of simple multiplats is entirely down to third party pigheadedness.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mad55 said:
Do was a bit to blunt he was better off saying nothing.

You kinda have to be when it comes to Nintendo. They've been out of touch with third party devs for years (Sega was worse than them though). The western devs have kind of learned to tune them out over the years because they march to the complete beat of their own drummer, therefore solidifying what type of audience they have.

Knawll that doesn't make complete sense to me. Nintendo isn't outta touch with them the Wii just couldn't run most of those games. the wiiu can and it's not getting them. 

Mad55 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mad55 said:
Do was a bit to blunt he was better off saying nothing.

You kinda have to be when it comes to Nintendo. They've been out of touch with third party devs for years (Sega was worse than them though). The western devs have kind of learned to tune them out over the years because they march to the complete beat of their own drummer, therefore solidifying what type of audience they have.

Knawll that doesn't make complete sense to me. Nintendo isn't outta touch with them the Wii just couldn't run most of those games. the wiiu can and it's not getting them. 

Ask yourself the reason as to why the Wii isn't getting them. One reason is the size of the installed base, the other is Nintendo.