By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Konami: "No chance" for a Wii U version of Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2

Nintendo fans had the wii to prove they were going to support third party....A few games sold good most sadly didn't, you made your bed now lie on it.

Around the Network
melbye said:
Castlevania has no business not being on Nintendo-consoles. Just like Mega Man i more or less consider Castlevania a Nintendo-franchise on the level of Zelda, Mario and Metroid, and playing them on other consoles just feels wrong

By the sounds of things no games have any business being on Nintendo consoles.

swii26 said:
At this time, its hard to see upcoming games being released on Wii U if the game has been in development before the announcement of the console. Companies have to put together or increase their budget to port the game over. This is sad news to hear no publishers are willing to expand their budget to port this game and others like it.

Yep and with third party devs anticipating the hardware for the other next gen consoles it just might get worse for them.

AlphaCielago said:
I still don't get why they are making Castlevania for the 3DS. It's just stupid to make a Castlevania game for the 3DS, but not release it on the Wii U. Especially when the story in Mirror of Fate is supposed to tie heavily into LOS1/2.

There is a strong dradition of side scrolling Castevania titles on Nintendo handhelds, so Mirror of Fate is a cash in on that. Also the 3DS already has a substantial installbase, far larger than the Wii U so it makes sense that more 3DS owners own a PS360 or PC than a Wii U at this point.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Spazzy_D said:
ninjablade said:
really love mario and zelda, but as a gamer who only buys one system per gen, how could you choose Nintendo console, you miss out on so many games and plus your stuck with graphics that are last gen, 2 knock out blows.

You own a PC which has most of the multiplats and better graphical fidelity then any console, and use your Nintendo console for Nintendo IPs and a party machine when quests come over.  I see that set up a lot.   Nintendo systems genrally have enough games for people that only play 4-5 games a year, which are a lot of people, but "serious gamers" almost never own just one system so it's a non-issure.

I don't know what a serious gamer is, but i know many gamers that only own a ps3 or 360, with so many games on each one, there is just not enough time for most people with lives to play  and complete all the games, plus add online play and there just its not worth having 2 consoles unless you have money to throw away. i also wanna add that each system has exclusives that appeal to me for nintendo its only mario and zelda, for sony its the uncharted series, gran turismo, kill zone, especially last of us and maybe god of war,  and MS its halo, gears of war series and forza, so really hard to choose for me, but i can X nintendo out right away for nextgen because of lastgen graphics and lack of third pary support, watching what ps4 and 720 bring to the table

Around the Network
oniyide said:
mushroomboy5 said:
They already alienated their fanbase with the original Lord of shadows game...clearly they're aiming for the smallest audience possible.

(note:no offence, i thought it was great but lets face it noone bought it and a lot of castlevania fans seemed to hate it as fans hate it when companies fuck with the formula)

sigh i just wish they'd stuck with the 'symphony' style games on the nintendo handhelds...

thats funny considering that LoS sold better than any of the DS Castlevania games

yes so funny I fear my sides have split!!!!

Doesn't mean it's a better game. (besides LOS didn't exactly sell well, 1.2 million if you combine both systems...pretty piss poor for a hyped up reboot intended to appeal more  to the god of war kids of today than the longtime fans)

ninjablade said:
Spazzy_D said:
ninjablade said:
really love mario and zelda, but as a gamer who only buys one system per gen, how could you choose Nintendo console, you miss out on so many games and plus your stuck with graphics that are last gen, 2 knock out blows.

You own a PC which has most of the multiplats and better graphical fidelity then any console, and use your Nintendo console for Nintendo IPs and a party machine when quests come over.  I see that set up a lot.   Nintendo systems genrally have enough games for people that only play 4-5 games a year, which are a lot of people, but "serious gamers" almost never own just one system so it's a non-issure.

I don't know what a serious gamer is, but i know many gamers that only own a ps3 or 360, with so many games on each one, there is just not enough time for most people with lives to play  and complete all the games, plus add online play and there just its not worth having 2 consoles unless you have money to throw away. i also wanna add that each system has exclusives that appeal to me for nintendo its only mario and zelda, for sony its the uncharted series, gran turismo, kill zone, especially last of us and maybe god of war,  and MS its halo, gears of war series and forza, so really hard to choose for me, but i can X nintendo out right away for nextgen because of lastgen graphics and lack of third pary support, watching what ps4 and 720 bring to the table

Matter of opinion though, nothing in MS's 1st party appeals to me now that Fables has gotten so bad, and I prefer Nintendo's first party next to Sonys.  Just curious, you seem to like both Sony and MS 1st party, so which system do you own?

Spazzy_D said:
ninjablade said:
Spazzy_D said:
ninjablade said:

Matter of opinion though, nothing in MS's 1st party appeals to me now that Fables has gotten so bad, and I prefer Nintendo's first party next to Sonys.  Just curious, you seem to like both Sony and MS 1st party, so which system do you own?

i was gonna get a ps3 but decided on a 360 since i got a good deal and multi-platform games were much better on 360 at the time.

ninjablade said:
Spazzy_D said:
ninjablade said:
Spazzy_D said:
ninjablade said:

i was gonna get a ps3 but decided on a 360 since i got a good deal and multi-platform games were much better on 360 at the time.I I got my Xbox over a PS3 for a lot of the same reason

I got my Wii at launch and my 360 just a little while later, largely for exclusives that are now on PS3 (Bioshock and Mas Effect.)  Had to trade in my PS2, Gamecube, DS Phat, and a bunch of games for all that.  Its funny how things change, because I feel the PS3 eventually became a much more complete system then the 360, it just took them way to long to get to that point.

My original point here was that that Nintendo consoles always have something that other consoles lack. Nintendo's IPs are just so different from what other companies bring to the table.... while you can find hack n' slash games up to par with God of War or Shooters that can be a decent substitute for Halo.  The problem is when Nintendo doesn't get enough 3rd party support to fill those Niches.

Ofcourse, the other point I was making was that it makes  a ton more sense to use that 400-500 dollars you wold spend on a next gen system to upgrade your PC, since you already have one and it has great 3rd party support, more exlcusives, and better control schemes (and graphics in the long run) then any system out there.

Spazzy_D said:
ninjablade said:
Spazzy_D said:
ninjablade said:
Spazzy_D said:
ninjablade said:

i was gonna get a ps3 but decided on a 360 since i got a good deal and multi-platform games were much better on 360 at the time.I I got my Xbox over a PS3 for a lot of the same reason

I got my Wii at launch and my 360 just a little while later, largely for exclusives that are now on PS3 (Bioshock and Mas Effect.)  Had to trade in my PS2, Gamecube, DS Phat, and a bunch of games for all that.  Its funny how things change, because I feel the PS3 eventually became a much more complete system then the 360, it just took them way to long to get to that point.

My original point here was that that Nintendo consoles always have something that other consoles lack. Nintendo's IPs are just so different from what other companies bring to the table.... while you can find hack n' slash games up to par with God of War or Shooters that can be a decent substitute for Halo.  The problem is when Nintendo doesn't get enough 3rd party support to fill those Niches.

Ofcourse, the other point I was making was that it makes  a ton more sense to use that 400-500 dollars you wold spend on a next gen system to upgrade your PC, since you already have one and it has great 3rd party support, more exlcusives, and better control schemes (and graphics in the long run) then any system out there.

i don't agree with you on nintendo though, a game that has amazing graphics and clicks with me where i can't stop playing it, thats all the matters to me. oh yea i only own a laptop.