By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pro-Playstation bias is seen in posts in this forum...

M.U.G.E.N said:
Carl2291 said:
Id say its more "revenge" for what PlayStation fans had to put up with for 3/4 Years.

The absolute arrogance and snobbery from a bunch of Nintendo fans (and Microsoft fans) was quite amazing. Its like how Sony fans are now but magnified by 10. Top 10 WW was dominated by Nintendo. 50 Million systems sold a Year. Compare that to PS3 competing with GB Advance.

Nintendo fans were basically doing what Sony fans do now. Wii was compared to everything and Nintendo fans made sure people knew that it was a record breaker. They made sure Sony fans knew the PS3 was selling like trash.

Sony fans are rubbing Nintendo fans noses in it.

blunt but to the point. I like it. It's a cycle. 

Pretty much. Look at the 3DS mocking at release... Followed by the constant Vita mocking.

Its just what happens.

The WiiU will be the target until PS4 or Nextbox release.

Around the Network

Sony fans can try to claim some sort of victory over Nintendo, but Nintendo is winning both the 7th AND 8th Gens right now, so not sure how being in 1st place in 2 different Gens simultaneously opens a console up for losing in any such way. Also, judging by software sales, Sony has the lowest attach rate of the 7th Gen.

That being said, I like all 3 consoles and companies the same, it's just that if you're going to take on the top dog, you might want to wait till you're actually beating it.

Jay520 said:
BenVTrigger said:

Its just because of volume.

Some like to deny it but at this point the Sony fanbase is a huge majority here on VGC even bigger than Nintendo which used to have the most fans here.

Seriously all you have to do is look at forum signatures and you realize this instantly. There are more forum signatures with either a PSN ID or a bunch of pictures and gifs of PS3 exclusives than anything else.

It makes discussion unbalanced and thus an overall forum bias in favor of PS3. Many of the Sony fans are great but having a fair discussion at this point is difficult

Considering the Wii and 3/DS don't offer ID cards, I'd say your methodology is unfairly skewed towards PS3 fans and away from Nintendo fans.

Well, Wii and (3)DS offer friendcodes and many added them to their sig.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

As a unbiased casual observer of this site, I see the bias more on Nintendo than playstation. This site definitely appears to be more heavy on Nintendo fans followed by Sony then Xbox.

Carl2291 said:
Id say its more "revenge" for what PlayStation fans had to put up with for 3/4 Years.

The absolute arrogance and snobbery from a bunch of Nintendo fans (and Microsoft fans) was quite amazing. Its like how Sony fans are now but magnified by 10. Top 10 WW was dominated by Nintendo. 50 Million systems sold a Year. Compare that to PS3 competing with GB Advance.

Nintendo fans were basically doing what Sony fans do now. Wii was compared to everything and Nintendo fans made sure people knew that it was a record breaker. They made sure Sony fans knew the PS3 was selling like trash.

I wish I could drag you back to 2006-2007 and hold you like a cat that I'm about to rub it's nose in it's own poo and show you exactly how it was, because it certainly wasn't a magnitude of 10 worse than Sony fans are now, it was an order of 10 reduced!

This isn't the first time you've bought up the "revenge" thing, it's getting a bit old and to be honest it's history from 5 years ago and doesn't validate any behaviour 5 years on in any way shape or form.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

PS3 fans are celebrating end of gen victories. They no longer want to align launches, they dont want to compare lifetime with Wii and they have an easy target; The Wiiu. But never fear, it will be a shot phenomenon when they realise the PS3 sales are in rapid decline. They get very excited about any success and get a bit irrational in their predictions and celebrations for a little while. Some of them think the Ps3 sales will be up this year or flat. Its quite amusing really.

Here you go again. 2nd post in this one. Shocking! 

Carl2291 said:

Pretty much. Look at the 3DS mocking at release... Followed by the constant Vita mocking.

Its just what happens.

yep sad reality is that the constant comparisons of the ps3 to ps2 is going to come back and bite in the ass for many. 

It's a sad reality brought on by the sales age of gaming imho. 

oh and 3ds mocking was predated by psp2 is dead on arrival stuff..then the 3ds mocking and then the vita mocking etc..

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

fillet said:
Max King of the Wild said:

The difference is that the Sony fans see all the people crying out loud and all comment how ridiculous the comments are

On the opposite side people are just too busy crying out loud too see how many of them are actually complaining and only see all the Sony fans saying pretty much the same thing.

If the 360 fan base would ban together (like they did in Questions for the moderators thread) instead of playing the victim card non stop they would have a bigger prescence than they realize. It would definatly rival both Nintendo and Sony... but they can't see that. I had to name 20 360 fans off the top of my head that hadn't posted in a thread which already had a strong 360 fan prescence to prove my point that 360 fans were in greater number than they would like to believe. It goes against their victim mentallity

No, they just don't feel the need to band together, unlike the PS3 fans on vgchartz often induldge in self serving sexual group genitality licking in a circle - a metaphor for banding together in obscure threads telling each other how great the PSP/PS3/Vita is doing, or  how great Sony is doing or...well we've all seen "those" threads and my god there's been enough of them.

i dont see the need to insult people you dont know just because they like a console you dont. you added  nothing to thread and site.

bananaking21 said:
JayWood2010 said:
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:

Still an end of gen victory.  I guess I could approach this like 360 fans do to the PS3 taking 2nd.  Something along the lines of..."That's like winning a marathon that you started a day early.  Then, after you shot the new frontrunner in the leg, it still took you over 2 days to catch up with him and pass him."  While a good metaphor, I still will congratulate MS, as I always do.  It is still a victory, no matter how late it comes.

Of course, with the 360 and PS3, MS is still fighting to keep its 2nd place, where Nintendo gave up on the Wii.  I mean spending tens of  millions on a new Halo, and its advertising, when they could have easily held off a year and launched it with the NeXbox.  Dropping its price, and profits, by $50 across all SKUs in the US for 3 months (3 months that happen to be the largest shopping months of the year).  As much as 360 fans try to downplay it, MS still cares about holding 2nd.

Instead of making a contest maybe you should realize that the PS3 has not been successful.  Lost a huge marketshare and lost a ton of profits.  You can't really say that about the other two consoles.  The only reason Im replying to you is because you constantly are attacking the other twoa nd it's getting annoying because you ignore a lot of facts.

there are a number of factors you really did add. the PS3 did lose a lot of money when launched correctly but they started making a profit at about when they sold 30M consoles. that means that 42 million consoles sold had made profits and we really dont know how much it made back and if it did cover its loses yet. also PS3 was one of the main factors that popularized BlueRay. something that we cant really know how much money it made for sony and will continue to make. also the ps3 gave birth to PSN, which is now an extremely succsesful online service, and thats not something easy to make, just look at nintendo. also the lose of market share this gen resluted in sony pushing their efforts within their first party support and just look at how they are now. media molecule, guerrilla games have made a name for them selfs this gen. quantic dream has also made great relationships with sony and naughty dog made a name of them selfs as one of the best. if not the best developers in the indusrty. it depends on how you look at the PS3, in the long term PS3's successes will make their money for sony, BR and PSN are both thanks to PS3 and those things will helpe sony ALOT in the long term. also PS3 will probably end up with atleast 90 million sold, considering that about 60 million would have made profit against the 30 million that didnt, it doesnt look so bad

I have no problem with you which is why I quoted him :P  But what I'm saying is it is not successful like he says.  PS3 has done some good things but out of all three companies they are the ones who has fell the most.  People make a number of consoles sold as into a contest but in reality profits are what a company looks at and I can safely say Wii and 360 has most likely made a lot more profits than the Ps3 because of foolish mistakes they have made.  That is what i was saying to him

Carl2291 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Carl2291 said:

blunt but to the point. I like it. It's a cycle. 

Its just what happens.

You see this is part of the problem. You are seeing the "mocked" console as an organic entity.

Crap sales on a website following sales will be mocked and rightly so. You personify too much and take bitterness with you. The embodiment of many PS3 fans. I guess carrying that hate around with you for 5 years can have some side effects.

You used the word "revenge" in your previous post, yet this post talks in clinical terms.

What's it to be? Are you upset like a baby, or a sales analyst?

Do you think it's ok to whinge like a baby and take things personal about the performance of a games console 5 years ago that you bought, and then take that misery out on another console 5 years later?

It sounds like maybe you don't, but it certainly sounds like you do sympathize with those who do?

What's up with that!?