By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pro-Playstation bias is seen in posts in this forum...

bananaking21 said:
fillet said:
Max King of the Wild said:

The difference is that the Sony fans see all the people crying out loud and all comment how ridiculous the comments are

On the opposite side people are just too busy crying out loud too see how many of them are actually complaining and only see all the Sony fans saying pretty much the same thing.

If the 360 fan base would ban together (like they did in Questions for the moderators thread) instead of playing the victim card non stop they would have a bigger prescence than they realize. It would definatly rival both Nintendo and Sony... but they can't see that. I had to name 20 360 fans off the top of my head that hadn't posted in a thread which already had a strong 360 fan prescence to prove my point that 360 fans were in greater number than they would like to believe. It goes against their victim mentallity

No, they just don't feel the need to band together, unlike the PS3 fans on vgchartz often induldge in self serving sexual group genitality licking in a circle - a metaphor for banding together in obscure threads telling each other how great the PSP/PS3/Vita is doing, or  how great Sony is doing or...well we've all seen "those" threads and my god there's been enough of them.

i dont see the need to insult people you dont know just because they like a console you dont. you added  nothing to thread and site.

It's not insulting, it's a metaphor.

Sod it, I'm editing this a ban isn't what I need today :)

Around the Network

PS3 & PSVita have no game, so Sony fans are pissed off. 

Silly ps fans doing what every other fanbase does/wants to do. Just stop, you guys are the bad guys. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

fillet said:
bananaking21 said:
fillet said:

The difference is that the Sony fans see all the people crying out loud and all comment how ridiculous the comments are

On the opposite side people are just too busy crying out loud too see how many of them are actually complaining and only see all the Sony fans saying pretty much the same thing.

If the 360 fan base would ban together (like they did in Questions for the moderators thread) instead of playing the victim card non stop they would have a bigger prescence than they realize. It would definatly rival both Nintendo and Sony... but they can't see that. I had to name 20 360 fans off the top of my head that hadn't posted in a thread which already had a strong 360 fan prescence to prove my point that 360 fans were in greater number than they would like to believe. It goes against their victim mentallity

No, they just don't feel the need to band together, unlike the PS3 fans on vgchartz often induldge in self serving sexual group genitality licking in a circle - a metaphor for banding together in obscure threads telling each other how great the PSP/PS3/Vita is doing, or  how great Sony is doing or...well we've all seen "those" threads and my god there's been enough of them.

i dont see the need to insult people you dont know just because they like a console you dont. you added  nothing to thread and site.

It's not insulting, it's a metaphor.

I do like the PS3, I own one and I also own another Sony console. A PSP.

This has nothing to do with which console I like, in fact it couldn't be less about "me". It's about that tradition of as already mentioned, constant celebrations of benine achivements, more or less. The appreciation of the Sand in Uncharted 3 to the GT5 and windscreen wipers with snow, the ANITMATED GIFs....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...tha anitmated GIFs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...you get the point, that's just a few little things that result from this licking of genetalia (metaphor!!!!!)....Oh also, GT5 is exactly the same as driving a car in real life.

It's silly and childish, egotistical, bizarre and somewhat like the behaviour of a cult.

Get some sunlight and some humanity.

Metaphors can't be insulting? Please, you should know better.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
JayWood2010 said:
Ive been saying this for a long time. THis site is a site mainly built of playstation gamers. It is annoying because you cant get honest results in a lot of threads.

nope this is a Nintendo dominate site. you may want to check those PS fans underlying agendas. i'm surprised you haven't noticed.

just wait, you'll soon find out what i'm saying is truth. how about this. think of 5 of the most active Sony fans. the most of the Sony fans are Nintendo fans defending Sony.

I dont know I just dont see it.  Their is a lot of nintendo fans but I dont see them being as vocal and illogical as sony either.  Then MSFT is pretty much completely absent from this site.  Let me put it this way, each fan base might have round the same amount between nintendo and sony, however i'd say that each fanbase has a few people to make that fanbase look bad.  YOu know the people I'm talking about.  That is where I think the sony fanbase wins.  Their is some cool fans that aren't aboxious and has good discussions like you for example.  Then their is bad ones that make the entire fanbase look bad like ***i*g

JayWood2010 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
JayWood2010 said:
Ive been saying this for a long time. THis site is a site mainly built of playstation gamers. It is annoying because you cant get honest results in a lot of threads.

nope this is a Nintendo dominate site. you may want to check those PS fans underlying agendas. i'm surprised you haven't noticed.

just wait, you'll soon find out what i'm saying is truth. how about this. think of 5 of the most active Sony fans. the most of the Sony fans are Nintendo fans defending Sony.

I dont know I just dont see it.  Their is a lot of nintendo fans but I dont see them being as vocal and illogical as sony either.  Then MSFT is pretty much completely absent from this site.  Let me put it this way, each fan base might have round the same amount between nintendo and sony, however i'd say that each fanbase has a few people to make that fanbase look bad.  YOu know the people I'm talking about.  That is where I think the sony fanbase wins.  Their is some cool fans that aren't aboxious and has good discussions like you for example.  Then their is bad ones that make the entire fanbase look bad like ***i*g

MSFT isn't completely absent from this site. It's just people like Kowenicki and fillet who support MS are too busy in threads complaining about Sony Bias then actually making meaningful discussion in MS forums. Just look at the threads I listed and you will see a loud MS presence

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:
JayWood2010 said:
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:

there are a number of factors you really did add. the PS3 did lose a lot of money when launched correctly but they started making a profit at about when they sold 30M consoles. that means that 42 million consoles sold had made profits and we really dont know how much it made back and if it did cover its loses yet. also PS3 was one of the main factors that popularized BlueRay. something that we cant really know how much money it made for sony and will continue to make. also the ps3 gave birth to PSN, which is now an extremely succsesful online service, and thats not something easy to make, just look at nintendo. also the lose of market share this gen resluted in sony pushing their efforts within their first party support and just look at how they are now. media molecule, guerrilla games have made a name for them selfs this gen. quantic dream has also made great relationships with sony and naughty dog made a name of them selfs as one of the best. if not the best developers in the indusrty. it depends on how you look at the PS3, in the long term PS3's successes will make their money for sony, BR and PSN are both thanks to PS3 and those things will helpe sony ALOT in the long term. also PS3 will probably end up with atleast 90 million sold, considering that about 60 million would have made profit against the 30 million that didnt, it doesnt look so bad

I have no problem with you which is why I quoted him :P  But what I'm saying is it is not successful like he says.  PS3 has done some good things but out of all three companies they are the ones who has fell the most.  People make a number of consoles sold as into a contest but in reality profits are what a company looks at and I can safely say Wii and 360 has most likely made a lot more profits than the Ps3 because of foolish mistakes they have made.  That is what i was saying to him

i qouted you because your one of the few people on this site who actually want to have an intellgent conversation. and yes its about money mostly, but numbers do have an effect on money, from what i seen is that announcments, milestones and rumers can effect a stock of a company, heck even gamestops stock sunk over sony just making a petent. the thing in when console sales are high it might effect stock and if sony announce it outsold the 360 that might help. and yes its about money so im really baffled sometimes that say console sales now dont matter, when in the case os 360 and ps3 are probably the most profitable and lucrative. 

and thats what im also trying to say is that we cant really calculate how much profits are down to the PS3 because we really cant know BR profits or the profits that will be made from PSN in the long run. i have no doubt MS made more money than sony so did nintendo. but sony did build more foundations to make future profits, and thats my main point

Wait until it pass the 360. I'm patiently watching as a console called dead, can't sell software, a disaster will not only come close to 100 million but deliver. This is amazing to me and I want to see it happened.

And I think WiiU will do fine.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
fillet said:
bananaking21 said:
so let me get this straight, nintendo fans can make dozens of threads about 3ds vs vita and dozens of vita is doomed threads. MS fans in 2012 and end of 2011 blew up the forums with threads about the 15M shipped figure and constantly for the last 7 years have been calling the PS3 a failure and "dead last" is alright. but when PS3 outsells the competition easily in 2012 and compare the sales of it to a released console that is in fact trying to compete with the PS3 and 360 and fails to outsell them. the site is suddenly is sony bias. give me a break, what a pathetic thread

Xbox 360 fans post when a post needs to be made, don't celebarate unless it's birthday or christmas or a similar event that has at least some meaning.

They don't manipulate with twisted figures and obscure reasoning.

They accept the situation for what it is.

If "playing the victim mentality" means standing up to crap like that, then by all means, they are playing the victim mentality.

I'm doing exactly that right now in this post, standing up to your misinformation :)

Throwing out insults, eh? Way to prove your point.

This must be that pent up frustration Kowenicki was talking about.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!