By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pro-Playstation bias is seen in posts in this forum...

I am seeing, when discussing the WiiU, it being compared to the PS3.  NOT overall, like against the 360, but against the PS3.  Polling on here also has shown this bias.  Recent discussions regarding sales of PS3 titles, have result in a response bringing up the WiiU.

What's up people?

Around the Network

I agree..it should be compared to the wii

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

So when we compare the WiiU to the Wii, the WiiU would be a "failure".

But when we compare PS3 to the PS2..is the PS3 a "failure" too?

Imo it would be really stupid to call the WiiU and the PS3 failures because they sold (or will sell) less than their predecessors.

I don't see the problem, as long as the PS3 is doing good and the Wiiu is doing bad, then it's not biased at all, it's just the truth.

M.U.G.E.N said:

I agree...the Wii U is a generational leap in power.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
007BondAgent said:
I don't see the problem, as long as the PS3 is doing good and the Wiiu is doing bad, then it's not biased at all, it's just the truth.

The WiiU isnt doing bad.

Constant doom threads across the internet, lackluster sales and the lack of 3rd party support make's me believe that.

For a next generation console the wiiu isn't doing that bad at all, but for it's price, it is doing quite bad.

kowenicki said:

PS3 fans are celebrating end of gen victories. They no longer want to align launches, they dont want to compare lifetime with Wii and they have an easy target; The Wiiu. But never fear, it will be a shot phenomenon when they realise the PS3 sales are in rapid decline. They get very excited about any success and get a bit irrational in their predictions and celebrations for a little while. Some of them think the Ps3 sales will be up this year or flat. Its quite amusing really.

Not gonna lie..I'm in fact really enjoying your rants about ps3 which seems to be appearing all over the forums these past few days :D what's up kowen

Most people do realize it's going to be down yoy...so not sure why you are generalizing so much. Are ps3 fans enjoying the sales? sure, they have been great. Are we enjoying the fact that we get so much great high quality software at the end of the gen? Most definitely. I think only one person told you something along the lines of being up yoy (or flat was it) right? You take that and generalize and run with it..very amusing indeed

oh and for the record wiiu should be compared to the wii :) and as for Life time sales ps3 will end up doing rather well I reckon..much closer to overall wii numbers than you may think

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

FaintZ said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

So when we compare the WiiU to the Wii, the WiiU would be a "failure".

But when we compare PS3 to the PS2..is the PS3 a "failure" too?

Imo it would be really stupid to call the WiiU and the PS3 failures because they sold (or will sell) less than their predecessors.

@bolded: yep sadly that's how quite a few approach the ps3 situation. Not saying I agree (I don't)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

kowenicki said:
007BondAgent said:
kowenicki said:
007BondAgent said:

The WiiU isnt doing bad.

Constant doom threads across the internet, lackluster sales and the lack of 3rd party support make's me believe that.

For a next generation console the wiiu isn't doing that bad at all, but for it's price, it is doing quite bad.

so it isnt doing bad but it is doing bad?

Depends how you look at it, but for it's price it should be doing alot better

Plus, the console itself has a huge identity problem, i wouldn't be surprised if half the wii userbase figured the wiiu was an expansion rather then a new console.

Oh those malicious Sony baddies, clearly the MS and Nintendo fans on this forum are saints undeserving of such a lambasting from those horrible individuals. I bet they have everything to do with all those nasty articles as of late too. Oh dear, my tinfoil hat cut the circulation to my brain and with it my ability to come up with a rational thought again.