By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pro-Playstation bias is seen in posts in this forum...

Euphoria14 said:
kowenicki said:
Hang on. I know what it is.

Its pent up frustration at the dire Vita situation and they are just deflecting the worst console launch of the last 3 gens.

Just about anyone who has visited those guys in the Vita thread will tell you that they are probably the nicest bunch here on VGC. They know the system doesn't sell great, but they don't care. They have fun, they see a bunch of games being released or announced. They know that as long as the games come, the sales are secondary to them. It's a great community over there and there is a reason why it has grown to become so large. In fact it is larger than anything that has come before it on VGC. Very upbeat attitude in there. No gloom, no frustration.

Yeah they have a few guys who get a bit worked up, but the vast majority are not full of this pent up frustration you are alluding to.

In fact, in the last week we had a thread  to complain about how mean the mods are to MS fans. Now we have a thread about how mean Sony fans are. How irrational they are. How they this and how they that. You name it, they've probably been labeled it.

You know what I haven't seen? A thread to complain about MS fans. A thread to complain about Nintendo fans. A thread to complain about how the mods are SO unfair against the Sony fans.

Know what I did see though? A thread by a Sony fan to complain about a select few Sony fans who make those predictions you are generalizing the entire Sony fanbase for making.

As for the OP and others thinking that all these Sony fans think the WiiU is a failure or a flop. Check Jay520's thread. It is a widely accepted belief that Sony fans are the majority on this site right?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152293&page=1

His poll was 49 Yes, 41 No it's a MAJOR flop and 170 voting other because they obviously didn't believe it was a flop.

Which means that everyone should quit generalizing and move on. Grow thicker skin. Of course we will always have a select few in each camp who blow things out of proportion or enjoy getting under other people's skin, but those people are on all sides and it is in everyones best interest to just ignore it.

Just quoting in case kowenicki missed this post...

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

PS3 fans are celebrating end of gen victories. They no longer want to align launches, they dont want to compare lifetime with Wii and they have an easy target; The Wiiu. But never fear, it will be a shot phenomenon when they realise the PS3 sales are in rapid decline. They get very excited about any success and get a bit irrational in their predictions and celebrations for a little while. Some of them think the Ps3 sales will be up this year or flat. Its quite amusing really.

Oh, aren't you the sweetest? Always so concerned about PS3 fans. Your every other post is about "PS3 fans this", "PS3 fans that", I really feel the love ♥.

Euphoria14 said:
Jay520 said:
Am I the only one who can't understand the OP?

Sony fans are bad.

Within the last week we have learned:

Sony fans run this site.

Mods are biased against MS fans and lenient to Sony fans.

Sony fans unfairly compare PS3 to WiiU, even though they share numerous titles and we have had numerous comparisons between them since long before WiiU launch.

I figured such when I saw the thread creator and the word "Playstation" in the title. I knew it couldn't be good.

DCOK said:
Why is the PS3 and it's users always put to trial on forums? If there is any bias, it's with the anti-Sony and anti-PS brand people, always looking for something to argue about how the PS3 is the most inferior product to ever grace the gaming industry.

Just like the NY Yankees and their fans, it is cool to hate them.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Player1x3 said:
Euphoria14 said:
kowenicki said:
Hang on. I know what it is.

Its pent up frustration at the dire Vita situation and they are just deflecting the worst console launch of the last 3 gens.

Just about anyone who has visited those guys in the Vita thread will tell you that they are probably the nicest bunch here on VGC. They know the system doesn't sell great, but they don't care. They have fun, they see a bunch of games being released or announced. They know that as long as the games come, the sales are secondary to them. It's a great community over there and there is a reason why it has grown to become so large. In fact it is larger than anything that has come before it on VGC. Very upbeat attitude in there. No gloom, no frustration.

Yeah they have a few guys who get a bit worked up, but the vast majority are not full of this pent up frustration you are alluding to.

In fact, in the last week we had a thread  to complain about how mean the mods are to MS fans. Now we have a thread about how mean Sony fans are. How irrational they are. How they this and how they that. You name it, they've probably been labeled it.

You know what I haven't seen? A thread to complain about MS fans. A thread to complain about Nintendo fans. A thread to complain about how the mods are SO unfair against the Sony fans.

Know what I did see though? A thread by a Sony fan to complain about a select few Sony fans who make those predictions you are generalizing the entire Sony fanbase for making.

As for the OP and others thinking that all these Sony fans think the WiiU is a failure or a flop. Check Jay520's thread. It is a widely accepted belief that Sony fans are the majority on this site right?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152293&page=1

His poll was 49 Yes, 41 No it's a MAJOR flop and 170 voting other because they obviously didn't believe it was a flop.

Which means that everyone should quit generalizing and move on. Grow thicker skin. Of course we will always have a select few in each camp who blow things out of proportion or enjoy getting under other people's skin, but those people are on all sides and it is in everyones best interest to just ignore it.

Just quoting in case kowenicki missed this post...

My post was more aimed at what he said and not really at him.  What I said can go for a lot of people on these forums and the misconceptions they seem to have about the PS community here.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Play4Fun said:
STFU all of you! I've had enough!

You should all live in fear of the day when I am entrusted with admin powers! I will crush all those who have been constantly bickering and corporate cheering. Don't think I will forget! I know all of you by heart.

My ban-hammer will descend upon you with the force of a thousand and one suns. I will tear into the very fiber of the internet and permanently banish you from its' use. You shall never again feel the joy of web-surfing.

Heed my warning, fools and fear me, for the day is coming. It will be upon us soon and unless you change, then nothing, and I mean NOTHING, will protect you from my terrible wrath.

the day you will get mod powers here will be the day that cats will born with 2 ass holes.

never

You may mock me if you wish. You are on my list and will be one of the first to fall.

I find it quite amusing when people always react like we sony fans are evil when the forums are flamed full of sony is doomed, vita is doomed, sony should leave the gaming market, the ps 3 isa major flop with over 70 M copys sold, game xy is a major flop we need to talk about it threads all year long. The amount of doom artikles with sony in it is unmatched in this forum.

SunofKratos said:
I find it quite amusing when people always react like we sony fans are evil when the forums are flamed full of sony is doomed, vita is doomed, sony should leave the gaming market, the ps 3 isa major flop with over 70 M copys sold, game xy is a major flop we need to talk about it threads all year long. The amount of doom artikles with sony in it is unmatched in this forum.

This site is overrun with Nintendo Crybabies and MS Terrorists.

User has been banned for this post ~Barozi

I have definitely seen some Sony fans doing some weird things, but that is just it, they are sony fans, just like there are Nintendo fans and Microsoft fans. We all lean towards what company we support, so it ain't a huge surprise. Even though my console of choice is Nintendo, I would be happy that Sony and Microsoft are doing well, because that shows that gaming in general is doing well. Thats why whenever there is all this doom and gloom for a console or handheld, I just smh.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

kowenicki said:
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:

PS3 fans are celebrating end of gen victories. They no longer want to align launches, they dont want to compare lifetime with Wii and they have an easy target; The Wiiu. But never fear, it will be a shot phenomenon when they realise the PS3 sales are in rapid decline. They get very excited about any success and get a bit irrational in their predictions and celebrations for a little while. Some of them think the Ps3 sales will be up this year or flat. Its quite amusing really.

Says the man who counts the days to when he can either create or post in the thread about the 360 passing the Wii in the UK and US.  Of course, I doubt you'll mention the Wii has been dying quickly for 2 years now, as well as the fact that its successor has already been launched.  The victory in the US might also have to wait til the NeXbox is already here.  It also took the 360 a year more to reach those milestones.  Talk about your end of gen victories. 

I think actually WINNING a region is an actual victory though.  its first... its winning.

getting second or currently beating the WiiU isnt.

Still an end of gen victory.  I guess I could approach this like 360 fans do to the PS3 taking 2nd.  Something along the lines of..."That's like winning a marathon that you started a day early.  Then, after you shot the new frontrunner in the leg, it still took you over 2 days to catch up with him and pass him."  While a good metaphor, I still will congratulate MS, as I always do.  It is still a victory, no matter how late it comes.

Of course, with the 360 and PS3, MS is still fighting to keep its 2nd place, where Nintendo gave up on the Wii.  I mean spending tens of  millions on a new Halo, and its advertising, when they could have easily held off a year and launched it with the NeXbox.  Dropping its price, and profits, by $50 across all SKUs in the US for 3 months (3 months that happen to be the largest shopping months of the year).  As much as 360 fans try to downplay it, MS still cares about holding 2nd.