By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pro-Playstation bias is seen in posts in this forum...

thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:

PS3 fans are celebrating end of gen victories. They no longer want to align launches, they dont want to compare lifetime with Wii and they have an easy target; The Wiiu. But never fear, it will be a shot phenomenon when they realise the PS3 sales are in rapid decline. They get very excited about any success and get a bit irrational in their predictions and celebrations for a little while. Some of them think the Ps3 sales will be up this year or flat. Its quite amusing really.

Says the man who counts the days to when he can either create or post in the thread about the 360 passing the Wii in the UK and US.  Of course, I doubt you'll mention the Wii has been dying quickly for 2 years now, as well as the fact that its successor has already been launched.  The victory in the US might also have to wait til the NeXbox is already here.  It also took the 360 a year more to reach those milestones.  Talk about your end of gen victories. 

I think actually WINNING a region is an actual victory though.  its first... its winning.

getting second or currently beating the WiiU isnt.

Still an end of gen victory.  I guess I could approach this like 360 fans do to the PS3 taking 2nd.  Something along the lines of..."That's like winning a marathon that you started a day early.  Then, after you shot the new frontrunner in the leg, it still took you over 2 days to catch up with him and pass him."  While a good metaphor, I still will congratulate MS, as I always do.  It is still a victory, no matter how late it comes.

Of course, with the 360 and PS3, MS is still fighting to keep its 2nd place, where Nintendo gave up on the Wii.  I mean spending tens of  millions on a new Halo, and its advertising, when they could have easily held off a year and launched it with the NeXbox.  Dropping its price, and profits, by $50 across all SKUs in the US for 3 months (3 months that happen to be the largest shopping months of the year).  As much as 360 fans try to downplay it, MS still cares about holding 2nd.

Instead of making a contest maybe you should realize that the PS3 has not been successful.  Lost a huge marketshare and lost a ton of profits.  You can't really say that about the other two consoles.  The only reason Im replying to you is because you constantly are attacking the other twoa nd it's getting annoying because you ignore a lot of facts.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

Its just because of volume.

Some like to deny it but at this point the Sony fanbase is a huge majority here on VGC even bigger than Nintendo which used to have the most fans here.

Seriously all you have to do is look at forum signatures and you realize this instantly. There are more forum signatures with either a PSN ID or a bunch of pictures and gifs of PS3 exclusives than anything else.

It makes discussion unbalanced and thus an overall forum bias in favor of PS3. Many of the Sony fans are great but having a fair discussion at this point is difficult

The Wii U didn't meet our expectation thread provides evidence otherwise as does Halo 4 sells more in 7 weeks than GT5 and Question for the moderators. Thanks for playing. Keep playing that victim card

so let me get this straight, nintendo fans can make dozens of threads about 3ds vs vita and dozens of vita is doomed threads. MS fans in 2012 and end of 2011 blew up the forums with threads about the 15M shipped figure and constantly for the last 7 years have been calling the PS3 a failure and "dead last" is alright. but when PS3 outsells the competition easily in 2012 and compare the sales of it to a released console that is in fact trying to compete with the PS3 and 360 and fails to outsell them. the site is suddenly is sony bias. give me a break, what a pathetic thread

BenVTrigger said:

Some like to deny it but at this point the Sony fanbase is a huge majority here on VGC even bigger than Nintendo which used to have the most fans here.

Seriously all you have to do is look at forum signatures and you realize this instantly. There are more forum signatures with either a PSN ID or a bunch of pictures and gifs of PS3 exclusives than anything else.

It makes discussion unbalanced and thus an overall forum bias in favor of PS3. Many of the Sony fans are great but having a fair discussion at this point is difficult

Considering the Wii and 3/DS don't offer ID cards, I'd say your methodology is unfairly skewed towards PS3 fans and away from Nintendo fans.

kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:
so let me get this straight, nintendo fans can make dozens of threads about 3ds vs vita and dozens of vita is doomed threads. MS fans in 2012 and end of 2011 blew up the forums with threads about the 15M shipped figure and constantly for the last 7 years have been calling the PS3 a failure and "dead last" is alright. but when PS3 outsells the competition easily in 2012 and compare the sales of it to a released console that is in fact trying to compete with the PS3 and 360 and fails to outsell them. the site is suddenly is sony bias. give me a break, what a pathetic thread

Tryin to compete with the PS3 and 360?

No it isnt.

Its trying to get a good foothold before PS4 and 720 launch.

It competes with the PS360 for 3rd party support. It competes against the PS360 to try to keep brand power high over Xbox and Playstation. Most of all, it competes for consumers money. Yeah, it competes.

Around the Network

Why do people think the Wii U is doing poorly? It's doesn't have third party support etc... is all I see and yet it is still selling better than both xbox and ps3 during their respective launches.

kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:

Tryin to compete with the PS3 and 360?

No it isnt.

Its trying to get a good foothold before PS4 and 720 launch.

how can it compet with 2 consoles that dont even exist? up until sony/ms release something they are now competing with PS3 aand 360. nintendo said they want the core market and at this moment Sony and MS are cattering for them with the PS360. so in fact WiiU is competing with those consoles

Max King of the Wild said:
BenVTrigger said:

The Wii U didn't meet our expectation thread provides evidence otherwise as does Halo 4 sells more in 7 weeks than GT5 and Question for the moderators. Thanks for playing. Keep playing that victim card

haha, I thought that "The Wii U didn't meet our expectation thread" thread was pretty crappy as all consoles seemed to be well below what the community expected a year ago (especially the Vita), so to single out the WiiU from that data set in all honesty was cherry picking

was it your thread?

I didn't grace those other threads you mention with a view, they seem boring

bananaking21 said:

The difference is that the Sony fans see all the people crying out loud and all comment how ridiculous the comments are

On the opposite side people are just too busy crying out loud too see how many of them are actually complaining and only see all the Sony fans saying pretty much the same thing.

If the 360 fan base would ban together (like they did in Questions for the moderators thread) instead of playing the victim card non stop they would have a bigger prescence than they realize. It would definatly rival both Nintendo and Sony... but they can't see that. I had to name 20 360 fans off the top of my head that hadn't posted in a thread which already had a strong 360 fan prescence to prove my point that 360 fans were in greater number than they would like to believe. It goes against their victim mentallity

Id say its more "revenge" for what PlayStation fans had to put up with for 3/4 Years.

The absolute arrogance and snobbery from a bunch of Nintendo fans (and Microsoft fans) was quite amazing. Its like how Sony fans are now but magnified by 10. Top 10 WW was dominated by Nintendo. 50 Million systems sold a Year. Compare that to PS3 competing with GB Advance.

Nintendo fans were basically doing what Sony fans do now. Wii was compared to everything and Nintendo fans made sure people knew that it was a record breaker. They made sure Sony fans knew the PS3 was selling like trash.

Sony fans are rubbing Nintendo fans noses in it.