By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pro-Playstation bias is seen in posts in this forum...

i like my 2 PS3's that i own and i like the wii u. i dont compare these 2 consoles

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network

What's wrong with a little bias?

People are biased all the time for everything...

Lafiel said:
Max King of the Wild said:

The Wii U didn't meet our expectation thread provides evidence otherwise as does Halo 4 sells more in 7 weeks than GT5 and Question for the moderators. Thanks for playing. Keep playing that victim card

haha, I thought that "The Wii U didn't meet our expectation thread" thread was pretty crappy as all consoles seemed to be well below what the community expected a year ago (especially the Vita), so to single out the WiiU from that data set in all honesty was cherry picking

was it your thread?

I didn't grace those other threads you mention with a view, they seem boring

No it was a Jay250 thread. My point being that it had quickly filled up with a loud Nintendo presence. It wasn't the point to single out the Wii U it was to show how ridiculous it was to use the "community expectations to determine flops" which is what the Nintendo and MS fans have been doing to Sony games and systems lately.

As for the other threads "questions for the moderators" had a quick and loud 360 fan presence. However, people are too busy looking at the Sony presence to look at MS or Nintendo. I find them all to be on pretty much equal ground that fluctuate from time to time but pretty much remain the same

Alright maybe Nintendo does still have the largest userbase here. I suspect that's changed though let's find out

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152332

Carl2291 said:
Id say its more "revenge" for what PlayStation fans had to put up with for 3/4 Years.

The absolute arrogance and snobbery from a bunch of Nintendo fans (and Microsoft fans) was quite amazing. Its like how Sony fans are now but magnified by 10. Top 10 WW was dominated by Nintendo. 50 Million systems sold a Year. Compare that to PS3 competing with GB Advance.

Nintendo fans were basically doing what Sony fans do now. Wii was compared to everything and Nintendo fans made sure people knew that it was a record breaker. They made sure Sony fans knew the PS3 was selling like trash.

Sony fans are rubbing Nintendo fans noses in it.

blunt but to the point. I like it. It's a cycle. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Ive been saying this for a long time. THis site is a site mainly built of playstation gamers. It is annoying because you cant get honest results in a lot of threads.

nope this is a Nintendo dominate site. you may want to check those PS fans underlying agendas. i'm surprised you haven't noticed.

just wait, you'll soon find out what i'm saying is truth. how about this. think of 5 of the most active Sony fans. the most of the Sony fans are Nintendo fans defending Sony.

JayWood2010 said:
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:

Still an end of gen victory.  I guess I could approach this like 360 fans do to the PS3 taking 2nd.  Something along the lines of..."That's like winning a marathon that you started a day early.  Then, after you shot the new frontrunner in the leg, it still took you over 2 days to catch up with him and pass him."  While a good metaphor, I still will congratulate MS, as I always do.  It is still a victory, no matter how late it comes.

Of course, with the 360 and PS3, MS is still fighting to keep its 2nd place, where Nintendo gave up on the Wii.  I mean spending tens of  millions on a new Halo, and its advertising, when they could have easily held off a year and launched it with the NeXbox.  Dropping its price, and profits, by $50 across all SKUs in the US for 3 months (3 months that happen to be the largest shopping months of the year).  As much as 360 fans try to downplay it, MS still cares about holding 2nd.

Instead of making a contest maybe you should realize that the PS3 has not been successful.  Lost a huge marketshare and lost a ton of profits.  You can't really say that about the other two consoles.  The only reason Im replying to you is because you constantly are attacking the other twoa nd it's getting annoying because you ignore a lot of facts.

there are a number of factors you really did add. the PS3 did lose a lot of money when launched correctly but they started making a profit at about when they sold 30M consoles. that means that 42 million consoles sold had made profits and we really dont know how much it made back and if it did cover its loses yet. also PS3 was one of the main factors that popularized BlueRay. something that we cant really know how much money it made for sony and will continue to make. also the ps3 gave birth to PSN, which is now an extremely succsesful online service, and thats not something easy to make, just look at nintendo. also the lose of market share this gen resluted in sony pushing their efforts within their first party support and just look at how they are now. media molecule, guerrilla games have made a name for them selfs this gen. quantic dream has also made great relationships with sony and naughty dog made a name of them selfs as one of the best. if not the best developers in the indusrty. it depends on how you look at the PS3, in the long term PS3's successes will make their money for sony, BR and PSN are both thanks to PS3 and those things will helpe sony ALOT in the long term. also PS3 will probably end up with atleast 90 million sold, considering that about 60 million would have made profit against the 30 million that didnt, it doesnt look so bad

Carl2291 said:
Id say its more "revenge" for what PlayStation fans had to put up with for 3/4 Years.

The absolute arrogance and snobbery from a bunch of Nintendo fans (and Microsoft fans) was quite amazing. Its like how Sony fans are now but magnified by 10. Top 10 WW was dominated by Nintendo. 50 Million systems sold a Year. Compare that to PS3 competing with GB Advance.

Nintendo fans were basically doing what Sony fans do now. Wii was compared to everything and Nintendo fans made sure people knew that it was a record breaker. They made sure Sony fans knew the PS3 was selling like trash.

Sony fans are rubbing Nintendo fans noses in it.

If that's it, then the revenge is based on something pretty bloody weak. Sony now, despite being better than they were then, are nowhere near what Nintendo were doing then.

So it'd be a false equivalence. Which now that I think about it, sounds just about right given certain threads are built around that.

VGChartz

No it was a Jay250 thread. My point being that it had quickly filled up with a loud Nintendo presence. It wasn't the point to single out the Wii U it was to show how ridiculous it was to use the "community expectations to determine flops" which is what the Nintendo and MS fans have been doing to Sony games and systems lately

I see, I didn't imagine there was such a point to that one so I didn't really give it a chance I guess. Well, I'm back to playing my Vita as this forum is depressing as ever :).

bananaking21 said:
so let me get this straight, nintendo fans can make dozens of threads about 3ds vs vita and dozens of vita is doomed threads. MS fans in 2012 and end of 2011 blew up the forums with threads about the 15M shipped figure and constantly for the last 7 years have been calling the PS3 a failure and "dead last" is alright. but when PS3 outsells the competition easily in 2012 and compare the sales of it to a released console that is in fact trying to compete with the PS3 and 360 and fails to outsell them. the site is suddenly is sony bias. give me a break, what a pathetic thread

The difference is that the Sony fans see all the people crying out loud and all comment how ridiculous the comments are

On the opposite side people are just too busy crying out loud too see how many of them are actually complaining and only see all the Sony fans saying pretty much the same thing.

If the 360 fan base would ban together (like they did in Questions for the moderators thread) instead of playing the victim card non stop they would have a bigger prescence than they realize. It would definatly rival both Nintendo and Sony... but they can't see that. I had to name 20 360 fans off the top of my head that hadn't posted in a thread which already had a strong 360 fan prescence to prove my point that 360 fans were in greater number than they would like to believe. It goes against their victim mentallity

No, they just don't feel the need to band together, unlike the PS3 fans on vgchartz often induldge in self serving sexual group genitality licking in a circle - a metaphor for banding together in obscure threads telling each other how great the PSP/PS3/Vita is doing, or  how great Sony is doing or...well we've all seen "those" threads and my god there's been enough of them.

Xbox 360 fans post when a post needs to be made, don't celebarate unless it's birthday or christmas or a similar event that has at least some meaning.

They don't manipulate with twisted figures and obscure reasoning.

They accept the situation for what it is.

If "playing the victim mentality" means standing up to crap like that, then by all means, they are playing the victim mentality.

I'm doing exactly that right now in this post, standing up to your misinformation :)

THis user has been moderated by Axumblade