By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Article: The Anomoly that is Gran Turismo vs Forza Motorsport

ethomaz said:
Chris Hu said:

Also of those 39 DLC cars aren't over ten of them just 2011 versions of 2010 NASCAR cars which are pretty much almost exactly indentical cars with different paint jobs.  So in over two years you really only had about 29 new cars added.  Also they pretty much half assed the NASCAR cars since they forgot Dodge models.

• V12 Vantage '10
  • Corvette (C7) Test Prototype '12
  • Challenger SRT8 Touring Car
  • Gran Turismo Racing Kart Jr.
  • Gran Turismo Racing Kart 100
  • Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125
  • Red Bull X2010 5G '12
  • Red Bull X2011 Prototype '11
  • CR-Z Touring Car
  • HSV-010 Weider (Super GT) '11
  • XJR-9 Le Mans '88
  • Aventador LP700/4 '11
  • Roadster Touring Car
  • RX-7 Touring Car
  • Cooper S '11
  • Cooper S Countryman '11
  • Lancer Evolution X Touring Car
  • 370Z (GT Academy) '08
  • 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy) '08
  • GT-R Black Edition '12
  • GT-R Black Edition (GT Academy) '12
  • GT-R Black Edition Tuned Car (GT Academy) '12
  • GT-R Touring Car
  • GT-R N24 Schulze Motor Sport '11
  • GT-R N24 GT Academy '12
  • Leaf G '11
  • Leaf G (GT Academy) '11
  • Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15) (GT Academy) '02
  • Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R32) (GT Academy) '94
  • Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nür (R34) (GT Academy) '02
  • Skyline GT-R (R32) Touring Car
  • Skyline GT-R (R33) Touring Car
  • Skyline GT-R (R34) Touring Car
  • FR-S '12
  • BRZ S '12
  • Impreza Touring Car
  • Prius Touring Car
  • Beetle 1200 '66
  • Golf VI R '10
  • Scirocco R '10

I'm not sure but I think no car in this list are a NASCAR... in fact there is no NARCAR DLC for GT5... the 2011 NASCAR cars (11 cars) came with the Spec 2.0 patch/update and not via DLC.

I said 39 cars came via DLC but GT5 received a lot more cars via patch/updates... GT5 when released had 1,039 cars... today it had 1,140 cars... so in two year GT5 received 101 cars (there is 4 cars not confirmed yet).

Wow 16 of those cars are Nissans, doesn't Polyphony understand we don't all love Nissan as much as them? Heck most of those Nissans are identical, just modified, many based on cars already in the game. Very little is new here.

16 Nissans, 3 Go Karts, 15 Japanese cars total, 9 European cars.....a 2 American cars, both Chevy.

LOL they included a Mini Countrymen, but no Ford Mustang. WOW, sorry ethomaz, there are more mini's then Muscle cars in GT5, and more Nissans then anything. PD is terrible at selecting cars.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Michael-5 said:

LOL they included a Mini Countrymen, but no Ford Mustang. WOW, sorry ethomaz, there are more mini's then Muscle cars in GT5, and more Nissans then anything. PD is terrible at selecting cars.

Which car dou you want???

Wow 16 of those cars are Nissans, doesn't Polyphony understand we don't all love Nissan as much as them? Heck most of those Nissans are identical, just modified, many based on cars already in the game. Very little is new here.

16 Nissans, 3 Go Karts, 15 Japanese cars total, 9 European cars.....a 2 American cars, both Chevy.

Who cares dude, the Skyline and GT-R are BEAST. The 2013 GT-R is a hell of a car.

Also, the Ford Mustang is irrelevent. IRRELEVANT! European cars > American cars. 

ethomaz said:

Michael-5 said:

Which car dou you want???

Do you want me to name just new cars, or cars it's lacking in general?

Anything American newer then 2007 would be great. Things like the Ford Mustang GT (with 400hp instead of 300 hp) which was actually out when GT5 released or a Mustang Boss, or a GT500, even if it's just one, The new BMW M5 (only released a year after GT5), a BMW 1M or an M6, or a 1M, you know some of the cars BMW is known for, A Ferrarri 599 GTO, FXX, you know some of the hyper performance Ferrarri's of today, Gumpert Apollo, Henessey Venom, the newer Hydai Genesis (Does GT5 even have one?), A Konigsegg....No really, JUST 1 Konigsegg would be nice, The Lotus Evora Supercharged, or the Type 124, two critical cars for Lotus nowdays, and the SuperSport is one I particularly want to try, A modern Benz E, SL, SLK, CL, or well half the lineup in AMG format would be nice, a Pagani Huayra, something called a Panoz (A street version), Porsche....yes Porsche, just one, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 Porsche would be nice. This is like the biggest car company ever, it's my favorite, it's Ferrarri's biggest compeditor, they own Lamborghini, a Modern Saleen, like a Raptor, the list just goes on.

There is just so many other cars Nissan could have added to GT5.....wait....why the heck are half the new cars Nissans?

I could name a pile of old cars, GT5 is missing so many great American muscle cars, and even just some great cars in general. Where is the Lamborghini Diablo, the Ford Thunderbird,The Cehvrolet Nova, Impala, Bel Air, or the Dodge Dart, or the first muscle car, the Pontiac Firebird? Ever heard of a company called Holden? GT5 has like 2 Holden cars, but how many Daihatsu's does it have? Do you know about this thing called the Maserati MC-12? It's the sister car to the Enzo, but nah, it's not important, just the biggest car for Maseratti ever. Once you leave the Japanese Market GT5 only gets some of the important cars, but it misses out on so many more. Bugatti is know for more then just the Veyron you know?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

Do you want me to name just new cars, or cars it's lacking in general?

It's just curiosity and it's hard to put all requested fans cars into the game.

Michael-5 said:

Anything American newer then 2007 would be great. Things like the Ford Mustang GT (with 400hp instead of 300 hp) which was actually out when GT5 released or a Mustang Boss, or a GT500, even if it's just one, The new BMW M5 (only released a year after GT5), a BMW 1M or an M6, or a 1M, you know some of the cars BMW is known for, A Ferrarri 599 GTO, FXX, you know some of the hyper performance Ferrarri's of today, Gumpert Apollo, Henessey Venom, the newer Hydai Genesis (Does GT5 even have one?), A Konigsegg....No really, JUST 1 Konigsegg would be nice, The Lotus Evora Supercharged, or the Type 124, two critical cars for Lotus nowdays, and the SuperSport is one I particularly want to try, A modern Benz E, SL, SLK, CL, or well half the lineup in AMG format would be nice, a Pagani Huayra, something called a Panoz (A street version), Porsche....yes Porsche, just one, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 Porsche would be nice. This is like the biggest car company ever, it's my favorite, it's Ferrarri's biggest compeditor, they own Lamborghini, a Modern Saleen, like a Raptor, the list just goes on.

There is just so many other cars Nissan could have added to GT5.....wait....why the heck are half the new cars Nissans?

I could name a pile of old cars, GT5 is missing so many great American muscle cars, and even just some great cars in general. Where is the Lamborghini Diablo, the Ford Thunderbird,The Cehvrolet Nova, Impala, Bel Air, or the Dodge Dart, or the first muscle car, the Pontiac Firebird? Ever heard of a company called Holden? GT5 has like 2 Holden cars, but how many Daihatsu's does it have? Do you know about this thing called the Maserati MC-12? It's the sister car to the Enzo, but nah, it's not important, just the biggest car for Maseratti ever. Once you leave the Japanese Market GT5 only gets some of the important cars, but it misses out on so many more. Bugatti is know for more then just the Veyron you know?

I see I like some cars you listed... other is just another version alredy into GT5... the most noticiable lack is the Porche but that's not GT falt... it's the exclusive contract with Microsoft... so no other game can have Porches (If I'm not wrong the exclusive contract is now with EA).

Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi and Toyota have the most quantity of the cars in the game... the creator is Japaneses so I can understand that fact... it's more logical yet when even with so many cars from these company the GT5 still have the most diversity cars in any other sim racing game in consoles... so I don't see problem here.

They received the Ford Corvette '13/14 (Corvette > Mustang) now and I'm wating January to remove his cape and see how bealtiful the new Corvetter is.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Chris Hu said:

As far as having a ballanced lineup of cars Forza is miles ahead of GT and starting with FM3 it also has a better variety of cars.  GT5 lineup of cars is pretty dated since about half the cars in the game first appeared in GT2.  Also whats the use of having 1000+ cars if you can just use the Red Bull Racing car to win over half of the races in the game.

That's a bit ironic.

You can't use the Rede Bull until the Endurance races (9 of 100 events in A-Spec) and it's impossible to use it in the Seasonal Events... there are a lot of chanllenge in GT5 A-Spec somes are almost impossible to win (the licences too).

About Forza what I know you can buy any car in begnning and can use it to win all races... there are cash for all too.

Yes you can buy any car from the beginning of the game but you can't use one car to win all the races because it has more race restrictions then GT5 and that due to the fact that cars are classified into classes there is no car like the Red Bull Racing car that you can use to win tons of races.

Chris Hu said:

Yes you can buy any car from the beginning of the game but you can't use one car to win all the races because it has more race restrictions then GT5 and that due to the fact that cars are classified into classes there is no car like the Red Bull Racing car that you can use to win tons of races.

Like I said... there is no way to use the Red Bull Racing Car to win races because you can't use it (just in Endurance races you can)... all the races are limited... in that point Forza 4 is way easy to do anything.

Just to add...

There is just three way to get the Red Bull X1 car: Vetter Challenge (lvl 30 to unlock), B-Spec lvl 35 and A-Spec lvl 40 (you can buy it after this lvl).

After that you can use it only in the Endurance races (A or B-Spec) and more one Seasonal Event specific for it.

There is no easy win in GT5... the events are hard even the first.

Edit - There is a new Year End/New Year Seasonal Events (time trial) out today... it's hard for hell... I can't even get broze in the first race.

ethomaz said:

Chris Hu said:

Like I said... there is no way to use the Red Bull Racing Car to win races because you can't use it (just in Endurance races you can)... all the races are limited... in that point Forza 4 is way easy to do anything.

I'm pretty sure Forza 4 is structured similar to Forza 3 and since most races are limited to one class or type of car there is no car in FM4 that can be used as much to win races like the Red Bull Racing Car in GT5.  You can use the Red Bull Racing car in a lot more races besides Endurance races you can use it in the Sunday Cup, Clubman Cup, Gran Turismo World Championship, Tuned Car Championship, Turbo Challenge, Japanese Championship, Gran Turismo All Stars, Pholphony Digital Cup, Like The Wind, Super Car GT, and Dreamcar Championship.

Chris Hu said:

I'm pretty sure Forza 4 is structured similar to Forza 3 and since most races are limited to one class or type of car there is no car in FM4 that can be used as much to win races like the Red Bull Racing Car in GT5.  You can use the Red Bull Racing car in a lot more races besides Endurance races you can use it in the Sunday Cup, Clubman Cup, Gran Turismo World Championship, Tuned Car Championship, Turbo Challenge, Japanese Championship, Gran Turismo All Stars, Pholphony Digital Cup, Like The Wind, Super Car GT, and Dreamcar Championship.

Sorry but it's impossible to have the X1 in this races.

And Forza 4 is not like Forza 3... you can use a car below the race class and win easly just using it... so you don't need another car.

Edit - You got the X1 via gift is another option.