Chris Hu said:
Even though GT5 has more cars I still think that FM3 has better looking cars and a better variety of cars. Also all the cars in FM3 have fully detailed interior none of that premium vs standard car bs. Also a lot of cars in GT5 are total garbage since they can't win any races even if fully upgraded that is not a problem in FM3 since any car can be useful in some form especially since it alows engine swaps. I also think that the track selection in FM3 is slightly better one of the best tracks from previous GT games the Seattle circuit is totally missing in GT5. When it comes to track selection GT4 is still the best in the franchise. I also find it a joke that out of the 1000+ cars in GT5 only 17 can be raced motified they could have done a lot better then that especially since in GT1 and 2 almost all the cars could be race modified.
Forza 3 is a better sim racing than Forza 4... now the biggest issues with Forza for me is how the driving physics is different from real-life and the tracks are widen without real life proportions to make the driving more easly... the brake system in Forza is all wrong too.
About the tracks I'm fine with the selection...
- Fuji Speedway: Fuji Speedwa F, Fuji Speedway GT
- Suzuka Circuit: Suzuka Circuit (Weather), Suzuka Circuit East Course
- Daytona International Speedway: Superspeedway – Daytona, Road Course – Daytona
- Tsukuba Circuit
- Circuit de la Sarthe: Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (Time / Weather), Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 No Chicane, Circuit de la Sarthe 2005, Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 No Chicane
- Nürburgring: Nürburgring Nordschleife (Time), Nürburgring GP/F, Nürburgring 24h (Time / Weather), Nürburgring GP/D, Nürburgring typeV
- Indianapolis Motorspeedway: Superspeedway – Indy, Road Course – Indy
- Autodromo Nazionale Monza: Autodromo Nazionale Monza (Weather), Autodromo Nazionale Monza No Chicane
- The Top Gear Test Track
- Laguna Seca Raceway
- High Speed Ring: High Speed Ring (Weather), High Speed Ring Reverse
- Cape Ring: Cape Ring, Cape Ring Inside, Cape Ring North, Cape Ring Outside, Cape Ring South
- Autumn Ring: Autumn Ring, Autumn Ring / Reverse, Autumn Ring Mini, Autumn Ring Mini / Reverse
- Deep Forest Raceway: Deep Forest Raceway, Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse
- Grand Valley Speedway: Grand Valley Speedway, Grand Valley Speedway / Reverse, Grand Valley East Section, Grand Valley East Section / Reverse
- Eiger Nordwand Track: Eiger Nordwand Track Short Track (Weather), Eiger Nordwand Track Short Track / Reverse
- Trial Mountain Circuit: Trial Mountain Circuit, Trial Mountain Circuit / Reverse
- London: London, London / Reverse
- Rome: Rome, Rome / Reverse
- Circuito de Madrid: Circuito de Madrid, Circuito de Madrid / Reverse, Circuito de Madrid Mini, Circuito de Madrid Mini/ Reverse
- Tokyo R246: Tokyo R246, Tokyo R246 / Reverse
- Côte d’Azur
- Special Stage Route 5: Special Stage Route 5 / Night, Special Stage Route 5 / Reverse / Night, Clubman Stage Route 5 / Night, Clubman Stage Route 5 / Reverse/ Night
- Special Stage Route 7: Special Stage Route 7 / Night (Weather)
- Eiger Nordwand Track: Eiger Nordwand Track K Trail, Eiger Nordwand Track K Trail / Reverse, Eiger Nordwand Track G Trail, Eiger Nordwand Track G Trail / Reverse, Eiger Nordwand Track W Trail, Eiger Nordwand Track W Trail / Reverse
- Toscana: Toscana (Time), Toscana / Reverse (Time)
- Chamonix: Chamonix Main (Weather), Chamonix East (Weather), Chamonix West (Weather), Chamonix Mini (Weather)
- Kart Space: Kart Space I, Kart Space I / Reverse, Kart Space II, Kart Space II /Reverse
- Special Stage Route X Oval
- Twin Ring Motegi: Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi, Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi West, Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi East, Super Speedway - Twin Ring Motegi
30 tracks, over 82 layouts
About the race modificantion cars you are right... only 18 have this option.
And GT5 will receive more cars / tracks soon... I expect te Spec 3.0 to be released in 2013 and more DLC is coming too.