By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Article: The Anomoly that is Gran Turismo vs Forza Motorsport

Chris Hu said:

I don't care too much about them they are a easy way to make a lot of money even if you don't finish in the top three.

Just check the score boards to see how much people play these Seasonal Events... in GTPlanet community they are considered the best thing in the GT5 even more popular then the online multiplayer.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Chris Hu said:

I don't care too much about them they are a easy way to make a lot of money even if you don't finish in the top three.

Just check the score boards to see how much people play these Seasonal Events... in GTPlanet community they are considered the best thing in the GT5 even more popular then the online multiplayer.

The best thing when it comes to making easy money for sure.  Now if you want to level up your driver both in A and B spec the best thing is the endurance races.   Once I'm finished with maxing out my drivers in A and B spec I will probably care more for seasonal events.

ethomaz said:

Chris Hu said:

Well I guess I have something to look forward to when I play GT5 next. I kind of ignored this mode because there weren't any trophies associated with it (at least I think there weren't) so I didn't think it was a big part of the game. I assumed it was no different from Forza 4's.....I don't even know what the mode is called LOL, but in it, I only really tried the Top Gear Test track in a Kia Cee'd.

Still, you can't go around saying Forza 4 (or 3) is easy when you only played the begining, and then claim GT5 is hard because of this one mode, which is a auxillary mode outside of the career.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

Well I guess I have something to look forward to when I play GT5 next. I kind of ignored this mode because there weren't any trophies associated with it (at least I think there weren't) so I didn't think it was a big part of the game. I assumed it was no different from Forza 4's.....I don't even know what the mode is called LOL, but in it, I only really tried the Top Gear Test track in a Kia Cee'd.

Still, you can't go around saying Forza 4 (or 3) is easy when you only played the begining, and then claim GT5 is hard because of this one mode, which is a auxillary mode outside of the career.

There is no trophie but the Seasonal Events together with Online Multiplayer is what made the owners play it every week... so it's one of the biggest part of GT5 and the most popular too.

The Seasonal Event was created to make the Carrer replay infinite... there ware always a new and different Carrer event to play every week.

Forza 4 is easy... you can use any car below the limitation and win the race without see other car... you play alone because the AI is so dummy that make you feel like you are racing alone... if you start first you end first... no challenge.

ethomaz said:

Michael-5 said:

There is no trophie but the Seasonal Events together with Online Multiplayer is what made the owners play it every week... so it's one of the biggest part of GT5 and the most popular too.

The Seasonal Event was created to make the Carrer replay infinite... there ware always a new and different Carrer event to play every week.

Forza 4 is easy... you can use any car below the limitation and win the race without see other car... you play alone because the AI is so dummy that make you feel like you are racing alone... if you start first you end first... no challenge.

Stop with the bs ethomaz, you just can't do that. Play Forza 4 before you judge the difficulty. Seriously, is that too much to ask for?

If you don't use a car right at the upper limit of the performance classification, with AI on Hard, in a proper race, you have absolutly no clance of winning. Playing later races in Forza 4 without a car at the top end of the performance index is like wining races in GT5 without a Corvette ZR1, but several times harder.

I can say this because I've nearly beaten both games, you can't because you only played Forza for an hour or so at a friends house.

P.S. If seasonal events were such a huge focus of GT5, why are there no trophies associated with it? Maybe to you it's a huge part of the game, but when I had a working PS3, I didn't even notice the mode, and I bet out of all the people I know who play GT5, you're the only one who noticed this mode.

Also p.p.s. Before you go on again and say Forza 4 is easy, play the game on anything but intro levels. TRY, JUST TRY, to come close to my Top Gear Track time. If you can't even come close to my time, you can't tell me what's hard/easy.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Around the Network

Michael-5 said:

Stop with the bs ethomaz, you just can't do that. Play Forza 4 before you judge the difficulty. Seriously, is that too much to ask for?

If you don't use a car right at the upper limit of the performance classification, with AI on Hard, in a proper race, you have absolutly no clance of winning. Playing later races in Forza 4 without a car at the top end of the performance index is like wining races in GT5 without a Corvette ZR1, but several times harder.

I can say this because I've nearly beaten both games, you can't because you only played Forza for an hour or so at a friends house.

P.S. If seasonal events were such a huge focus of GT5, why are there no trophies associated with it? Maybe to you it's a huge part of the game, but when I had a working PS3, I didn't even notice the mode, and I bet out of all the people I know who play GT5, you're the only one who noticed this mode.

Also p.p.s. Before you go on again and say Forza 4 is easy, play the game on anything but intro levels. TRY, JUST TRY, to come close to my Top Gear Track time. If you can't even come close to my time, you can't tell me what's hard/easy.

I played the Forza 4 and it's easy... and the fact I can't beat your time in Top Gear track just prove the game is easy... I can be an amateur in sim racings and get first or second place in every race in Forza but I can't won over most of guys in online.

And Seasonal Events is pretty known by everything played GT5.

The Seasonal Events is even used for the GT Academy qualifiers... it is a extended Carrer mode... the Online Dealership Update just exists to you buy car to Seasonal Events.

Every time you talk about GT5 seems like you never played it... because you didn't race anything in the game... try to play the game again and have fun.

PS. Open GT5 now... play the event "New Year’s Holiday Challenge" and came here back to agree with me... you is just losing all the experience that GT5 can offer.

ethomaz said:

Michael-5 said:

I played the Forza 4 and it's easy... and the fact I can't beat your time in Top Gear track just prove the game is easy... I can be an amateur in sim racings and get first or second place in every race in Forza but I can't won over most of guys in online.

And Seasonal Events is pretty known by everything played GT5.

The Seasonal Events is even used for the GT Academy qualifiers... it is a extended Carrer mode... the Online Dealership Update just exists to you buy car to Seasonal Events.

Every time you talk about GT5 seems like you never played it... because you didn't race anything in the game... try to play the game again and have fun.

PS. Open GT5 now... play the event "New Year’s Holiday Challenge" and came here back to agree with me... you is just losing all the experience that GT5 can offer.

You played the very begining of Forza. You're basically judging a game based on it's first level and then comparing it to some extra feature in GT5 which you say is significantly more difficult then it's easy career.

If you can't beat my Top Gear track time, YOU PROVED FORZA is hard. Why? Because I find the later races in Forza 4 hard, and if you can't keep up with me, how would you be able to beat the races which challenge me? How can you be worse then me in one mode, but better in another? No logic.

Every time you talk to me it seems like I didn't play GT5? If I haven't played GT5, how would I have trophies and how wold I know you can beat the majority of the game with 3 cars? I even gave you one of those cars I recall LOL. I should say this about you because the more and more I talk to you about Forza, the less and less you admit to playing it.