By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Article: The Anomoly that is Gran Turismo vs Forza Motorsport

ethomaz said:

Chris Hu said:

I'm pretty sure Forza 4 is structured similar to Forza 3 and since most races are limited to one class or type of car there is no car in FM4 that can be used as much to win races like the Red Bull Racing Car in GT5.  You can use the Red Bull Racing car in a lot more races besides Endurance races you can use it in the Sunday Cup, Clubman Cup, Gran Turismo World Championship, Tuned Car Championship, Turbo Challenge, Japanese Championship, Gran Turismo All Stars, Pholphony Digital Cup, Like The Wind, Super Car GT, and Dreamcar Championship.

Sorry but it's impossible to have the X1 in this races.

And Forza 4 is not like Forza 3... you can use a car below the race class and win easly just using it... so you don't need another car.

Edit - You got the X1 via gift is another option.

I have XL version of the game and trust me you can use the Red Bull Race car to win all those race plus the endurance events I didn't mention I did it myselve.  I'm sure once I will play FM4 I will not find one car that be entered and win as many races as the Red Bull Race car in GT5.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Just to add...

There is just three way to get the Red Bull X1 car: Vetter Challenge (lvl 30 to unlock), B-Spec lvl 35 and A-Spec lvl 40 (you can buy it after this lvl).

After that you can use it only in the Endurance races (A or B-Spec) and more one Seasonal Event specific for it.

There is no easy win in GT5... the events are hard even the first.

Edit - There is a new Year End/New Year Seasonal Events (time trial) out today... it's hard for hell... I can't even get broze in the first race.

Like I said... there is no way to use the Red Bull Racing Car to win races because you can't use it (just in Endurance races you can)... all the races are limited... in that point Forza 4 is way easy to do anything.

You can win almost every race in GT5 with 3 cars. 1. a Nissan GTR, full tuned, runs for about $300,000, can be obtained early in the game. 2. A Corvette ZR1 Race tuned, runs about $700,000 that can win basically every race in the game 3. Red Bull car - leftovers.

If you get these 3 cars and tune them, GT5 is one of the easiest games in the world. Only a few races restrict these cars and in general you can use cars you won to win those easily.

Like I said GT5 is a 3 car game.

You just can't do that in Forza.

Forza isn't perfect though, Forza 4 gives you free tuning from the get go. To me that ruins the experience because no car resembles a stock car at all anymore except for handling characteristics. I like to race cars bone stock, Forza 3 encouraged that, GT5 and Forza 4 do not. This is why Forza Motorsport 3 is just the best.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

riderz13371 said:

Wow 16 of those cars are Nissans, doesn't Polyphony understand we don't all love Nissan as much as them? Heck most of those Nissans are identical, just modified, many based on cars already in the game. Very little is new here.

16 Nissans, 3 Go Karts, 15 Japanese cars total, 9 European cars.....a 2 American cars, both Chevy.

LOL they included a Mini Countrymen, but no Ford Mustang. WOW, sorry ethomaz, there are more mini's then Muscle cars in GT5, and more Nissans then anything. PD is terrible at selecting cars.

Who cares dude, the Skyline and GT-R are BEAST. The 2013 GT-R is a hell of a car.

Also, the Ford Mustang is irrelevent. IRRELEVANT! European cars > American cars. 

So the Ford Mustang is irrelevent, but 15 Nissan Silvias are relevent? Ford Mustang is the main Muscle car, it may be irrelevent to you, but it's a damn good car to start a career with, and it's a damn good car to drive in. One of the best cars around for <$50,000. If you don't even include the current version of the car (the car that was on the market when the game came out), then why bother including anything outside of Japan?

Lets just call this Japan Turismo 5.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:
riderz13371 said:

Wow 16 of those cars are Nissans, doesn't Polyphony understand we don't all love Nissan as much as them? Heck most of those Nissans are identical, just modified, many based on cars already in the game. Very little is new here.

16 Nissans, 3 Go Karts, 15 Japanese cars total, 9 European cars.....a 2 American cars, both Chevy.

LOL they included a Mini Countrymen, but no Ford Mustang. WOW, sorry ethomaz, there are more mini's then Muscle cars in GT5, and more Nissans then anything. PD is terrible at selecting cars.

Who cares dude, the Skyline and GT-R are BEAST. The 2013 GT-R is a hell of a car.

Also, the Ford Mustang is irrelevent. IRRELEVANT! European cars > American cars. 

So the Ford Mustang is irrelevent, but 15 Nissan Silvias are relevent? Ford Mustang is the main Muscle car, it may be irrelevent to you, but it's a damn good car to start a career with, and it's a damn good car to drive in. One of the best cars around for <$50,000. If you don't even include the current version of the car (the car that was on the market when the game came out), then why bother including anything outside of Japan?

Lets just call this Japan Turismo 5.

Listen dude not every single car in the world is going to make it into the game. Get over it.

Chris Hu said:

I have XL version of the game and trust me you can use the Red Bull Race car to win all those race plus the endurance events I didn't mention I did it myselve.  I'm sure once I will play FM4 I will not find one car that be entered and win as many races as the Red Bull Race car in GT5.

I'm saying to you that the fastest way to get the X1 is in the lvl30 A-Spec or lvl35 B-Spec... so you can't use it when you play these first events. You can use the X1 in the Sunday Cup? Of course you can... but you didn't have the X1 when you played this lvl1 event in the first time.

So you have three ways to get the X1.

- Finish the Vettel Special Event (needs lvl30 to unlock)
- Get lvl35 in B-Spec
- Buy it in the shop (needs lvl40 to unlock)

There is just one exception... PD give a gift with the X1 during one week in 2011... at this time I already have the X1 and finish almost all races before the Endurances without it.

Around the Network

Umm, why are people talking about how hard Forza 3 is. It is by far the easiest racing game in the world. To all the people who say GT is easier, lets see you get all gold on all licenses and challenges. That is something that takes skill. I remember playing the challenges on GT4 for the PS2 and got all golds or whatever they were (can't remember) but the last race where you race with the mercedes on nurburgring and have to wait two minutes while the other racers get ahead and you have to catch up. It took me many hours just to finish first place on that and the feeling was awesome becaues it was so challenging (you had to pay attention to every turn 100% or you wouldn't win). You won't get that with Forza because there is ZERO challenge and I play with ABS, TCS and Stability off but with Automatic transmission.

I've put thousands of hours into both franchises and GT is overall the hardest to complete.

Edit - But just to point out that IMO this doesn't take away from the Forza franchise because it does everything so well. Its just really easy to beat, that's all.

It's easy to tell it's sales. He makes some good points aswell. But I don't really understand the GT vs. Forza thing. They don't compete. They are also both great games though. If I had a 360 I'd certainly own Forza 4. But! If I could only have one, I'd have GT5.

Michael-5 said:

You can win almost every race in GT5 with 3 cars. 1. a Nissan GTR, full tuned, runs for about $300,000, can be obtained early in the game. 2. A Corvette ZR1 Race tuned, runs about $700,000 that can win basically every race in the game 3. Red Bull car - leftovers.

If you get these 3 cars and tune them, GT5 is one of the easiest games in the world. Only a few races restrict these cars and in general you can use cars you won to win those easily.

Like I said GT5 is a 3 car game.

You need lvl11 for the first car and lvl21 for the second... when I got the ZR1 I was already racing the Like the Wind event... the Red Bull you can't get it before lvl30.

GT5 have challenge... Forza not... Forza 4 is easy win even with a car way worst then the opponents.

ethomaz said:

Just to add...

There is just three way to get the Red Bull X1 car: Vetter Challenge (lvl 30 to unlock), B-Spec lvl 35 and A-Spec lvl 40 (you can buy it after this lvl).

After that you can use it only in the Endurance races (A or B-Spec) and more one Seasonal Event specific for it.

There is no easy win in GT5... the events are hard even the first.

Edit - There is a new Year End/New Year Seasonal Events (time trial) out today... it's hard for hell... I can't even get broze in the first race.

Or you can buy the XL version like I did and the car will be one of your bonus cars you start the game with.  Also all the races in the begginers series are super easy the only challenging one is the European Classic Car Championship because the used car dealership usually doesn't have the right car to win it available but if you have enough money available you can just buy the 1954 Mercedes Benz 300 SL coupe from the new car dealership add a few parts and the race is easily won.

ethomaz said:

Michael-5 said:

Do you want me to name just new cars, or cars it's lacking in general?

It's just curiosity and it's hard to put all requested fans cars into the game.

So, they can't get all the requested cars into the game, so lets just forget about American cars in put in, literally, over 150 Nissans (when you include Nismo, Amuze, and all tuned Nissans, it adds up to 158)? If they put i n less Nissans then hell yes they could have done a better job picking cars. With 1,000 cars in the game Polyphony Digital did a crap job picking cars to satisfy everyone.

ethomaz said:

Michael-5 said:

Anything American newer then 2007 would be great. Things like the Ford Mustang GT (with 400hp instead of 300 hp) which was actually out when GT5 released or a Mustang Boss, or a GT500, even if it's just one, The new BMW M5 (only released a year after GT5), a BMW 1M or an M6, or a 1M, you know some of the cars BMW is known for, A Ferrarri 599 GTO, FXX, you know some of the hyper performance Ferrarri's of today, Gumpert Apollo, Henessey Venom, the newer Hydai Genesis (Does GT5 even have one?), A Konigsegg....No really, JUST 1 Konigsegg would be nice, The Lotus Evora Supercharged, or the Type 124, two critical cars for Lotus nowdays, and the SuperSport is one I particularly want to try, A modern Benz E, SL, SLK, CL, or well half the lineup in AMG format would be nice, a Pagani Huayra, something called a Panoz (A street version), Porsche....yes Porsche, just one, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 Porsche would be nice. This is like the biggest car company ever, it's my favorite, it's Ferrarri's biggest compeditor, they own Lamborghini, a Modern Saleen, like a Raptor, the list just goes on.

There is just so many other cars Nissan could have added to GT5.....wait....why the heck are half the new cars Nissans?

I could name a pile of old cars, GT5 is missing so many great American muscle cars, and even just some great cars in general. Where is the Lamborghini Diablo, the Ford Thunderbird,The Cehvrolet Nova, Impala, Bel Air, or the Dodge Dart, or the first muscle car, the Pontiac Firebird? Ever heard of a company called Holden? GT5 has like 2 Holden cars, but how many Daihatsu's does it have? Do you know about this thing called the Maserati MC-12? It's the sister car to the Enzo, but nah, it's not important, just the biggest car for Maseratti ever. Once you leave the Japanese Market GT5 only gets some of the important cars, but it misses out on so many more. Bugatti is know for more then just the Veyron you know?

I see I like some cars you listed... other is just another version alredy into GT5... the most noticiable lack is the Porche but that's not GT falt... it's the exclusive contract with Microsoft... so no other game can have Porches (If I'm not wrong the exclusive contract is now with EA).

Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi and Toyota have the most quantity of the cars in the game... the creator is Japaneses so I can understand that fact... it's more logical yet when even with so many cars from these company the GT5 still have the most diversity cars in any other sim racing game in consoles... so I don't see problem here.

They received the Ford Corvette '13/14 (Corvette > Mustang) now and I'm wating January to remove his cape and see how bealtiful the new Corvetter is.

Porsche isn't a contract with Microsoft, it's EA, it has always been EA, and Forza still got Porsche. Why could Sony just give EA some money and get Porsche too? I don't expect 30+ Porsches like in Forza, but 5, just 5 would do. A Carerra GT, 911 Turbo, 911 GT3, A Boxer, and that F40 compeditor.

Who care that PD is Japanese? Turn 10 is American and there are more European cars in Forza then American. Japan is the newest car market, they have the least number of sports cars, even if PD is Japanese, Japan should have to smallest number of sports cars in the game.

GT5 has the most diversity of cars? You serious? Forza Motorsport 3 has cars from 81 Manufacturers. 81! 81 Manufacturers and 600 cars or so. GT5 has 72 Manufacturers with nearly 1,100 cars. How can the game with less cars, from more manufacterers, have less diversity? Ontop of that, about 700 cars in GT5 are Japanese. Literally 15% the cars in the game are Nissan Alone, 10% are Honda (over 110 Hondas), 10% are Mazda (About 100), 9% are Toyota (90 cars excluding modified ones), and 7% are Mitsubishi (72 Cars).

51% of the cars in the game come from 5 car manufacturers! Mitsubishi isn't even a big company!

When you actually count them Forza 4 has more cars from regions outside of Japan then GT5. So please, tell me exactly, how does that make GT5 more diverse in car selection?