By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global hardware and UK & USA software UP! - Week ending 8th December

morenoingrato said:

I wonder what Nintendo is thinking right now.

The WiiU seems to have a dark, scary future. 3DS's sales in the West aren't anything to gloat about...

Just wait until January, WiiU and 3DS's numbers will not be pretty.

What are you talking about? Wii U´s numbers are great (besides Europe)

Around the Network

Could a mod please move this to the 'latest charts' section? Thanks in advance!

VGKing said:
I don't see anything...I'll wait until the front page is updated before giving my input.

I was doing OP maintenance. You should be able to see it now

DaRev said:
Jay520 said:
DaRev said:
Sony and MS will be in some deep shit if they don't get those consoles out in 2013 - which I don't think they will. Nintendomination! indeed.

Why do you think this?

Just a gamer's guess really. But because consoles are normally revealed one year, say at E3, then released sometime the follwoing year. I think it is against tradition for a console to be announced, significant number and quality games developed, consoles manufactured, and the console released, all in the same year (oh and another avoid RROD! fiasco). It's a tall order.

It has been a tradition. But then again, it's a flawed tradition that would eventually be discarded. By announcing a new console over a year before release, you discourage millions of potential customers from buying the current consoles. The traditional method simply isn't the best method to follow. I expect new console announcements in the beginning of next year.

psrock said:
Michael-5 said:
man-bear-pig said:

DS - 660k (wtf?)

Probably an adjustment.

Wow Dec 1st weekly has PS3 above 360....in the holiday season. Weird.

besides 2011, I just don't remember this 360 great domination during the holidays. Can you remind me?

2010, 2008, 2006.

Obviously 2009 was PS3's year, and I don't know what happened in 2007.

Maybe a mainstream Halo is detrimental to console sales that year. After all 2007 was the only other unusually weak holiday for 360 other then 2012 and what do we have both years?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

NOTE:

GTA4 passes 10M on the Xbox 360!

spurgeonryan said:
Well those numbers are still really good. DS not as high... :(

Still amazing that it outsells the Vita, though.

But, yeah, 600K+ would have been insane.

POE said:
morenoingrato said:

The WiiU seems to have a dark, scary future. 3DS's sales in the West aren't anything to gloat about...

What are you talking about? Wii U´s numbers are great (besides Europe)

Nah, it was just random gibberish with the purpose of stealth quoting Jay.

However, I do believe the WiiU has dark times ahead, especially considering the known line-up.

Michael-5 said:

2010, 2008, 2006.

Obviously 2009 was PS3's year, and I don't know what happened in 2007.

Maybe a mainstream Halo is detrimental to console sales that year. After all 2007 was the only other unusually weak holiday for 360 other then 2012 and what do we have both years?

The domination in these years is like this year (close)... 300-500k... not massive like 2011.

morenoingrato said:

The situation in Europe is worrisome yes; however, Japan and USA sales for both are solid. Furthermore, Europe has been plagued with the recession, Greece, Unemployment hitting over 25% in Spain and so honestly, this does not surprise me that the cheaper HD consoles is selling more, it's quite normal.

3DS sales are good in US in my opinion, down compared to last year yes but they both had Mario Kart and Super Mario 3D Land within a 2 week difference. It would be hard for any console manufacturer to compete with these numbers.

NOA seemed to have placed its cards in the right place as they wanted to have stellar software in Q1 of 2013 for 3DS in case Wii U sales go lower than predicted. All in all, it good :P