By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global hardware and UK & USA software UP! - Week ending 8th December

oh and no one wants a vita for chrimbo

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

A big WTF for Just Dance 4.

Far cry 3 did quite well since it was the last big game for 2012.

Wii U opened up in Japan, quite well too at 306000, not much lower than Wii's launch back in 2006 at 362000

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:

I'm astonished people think this Is good.

THe advertising is immense. It's holidays. It's a kids game. It's poor, after the holidays it will vanish and finish with modest lifetime sales. Nailed on.

Might make enough to pay for the packaging and insane advertising..... Might.

I wouldnt say immense. Id say moderate.

Either way - Its trending higher than the last game of its type, EyePet. EyePet went on to be a Million seller so, this is good.

It's one of the mot advertised games on TV. That's not moderate. It's big. 

It is the most advertised on TV in the UK. Nearly every advert break around prime time and on the smaller digital channels.

I would say it goes BOS > Vita > Wii U > New PS Family one > General Xbox one.

Yeah seems accurate.  MS have been quiet this year.

They don't need to spend as much. There still smashing the competition!

Can't believe Xenoblade sold out 30k this week, it's madness!

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it's undertracked and pretty close to being a million-seller. It's pretty much outsold last year's sales in the UK and France and has already done so in Germany, and it's up YoY by 160%, the second year in a row it's been up YoY; those are some mighty legs there!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
pezus said:
STOP! Hammer time. Seriously though, you were all told to stop and you should.

*Mouse pointer over Moderate button for Ethomaz*

Sigh... fine. I'll give them one more chance. But this is it guys.

If your comments have nothing to do with the original topic, then don't post it in here.

Its very hard not to respond to ethomaz's long post only 2 posts below your one final warning. Just saying you warned us and he gives me a text wall, which I strongly disagree with and am trying to respect the rules your trying to lay down

Also CGI-Qualitys post too is breaking your warning.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

If i were to act on every report coming out of this thread, i would have banned half a dozen of this site's more respected posters. Smeags told you to stop. I told you to stop. Nobody stops.

Because of the respect i have for the members of this community, i'm just going to lock this thread and put an end to it, but let me say that if this week's shenanigans are repeated in next week's thread, you're going to see some old-testament type shit up in here.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Nice week. Everything grew, both in HW and SW WW sales. WiiU good but not impressive in Japan and WW in the week of its Japan launch, but its sales in Europe are quite disappointing.

Yakuza 5 launch rulez Japan SW sales.

Excellent attach rate of the first three WiiU Japan launch games, but ZombiU, very good elsewhere, has a flop launch in Japan.

Impressive WW and US sales for GT5.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

It's so sad what mods did with this thread... it needs to be unlocked now

NEW PS3 MILLION SELLERS THIS WEEK

156. NBA 2K13
157. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
158. WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011
159. Virtua Tennis 3

lol a lot of million sellers this week.