By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global hardware and UK & USA software UP! - Week ending 8th December

kowen you literally have 4 posts downplaying wonderbook, and for no reason. Like, who cares?
and then all of you are like "yeah forza beating gt again", and probably some "vita is dead", and some other defensive posts.

Frankly, I'm surprised wonderbook has double in sales every week since release. not amazing, but surprising. Least you can do is acknowledge SALES.

anyway, I'm sorry i offended you with the moniker you've probably called people a thousand times. I apologize. I will not say it ever again.

Around the Network
killer7 said:
@Michael-5
The PS2 has been discontinued by the beginning of 2012! I pointed a source out in the threat "DS to be the highest seller" but again if you like! Sorry i am austrian so the source is german but i can translate it if you want:

http://www.playm.de/2012/11/playstation-2-produktion-wird-endgultig-eingestellt-61023/

and here´s another one:

http://www.gamezone.de/PlayStation-2-Konsolen-18123/News/PlayStation-2-Die-Produktion-wird-eingestellt-1034274/

and again

http://www.dvd-forum.at/news-details/31844-spiele-playstation-2-produktion-nach-12-jahren-eingestellt

If you people need more evidence that the PS2 is discontinued please tell me! I am here to help my dear friends!
I WAS PHONING WITH SONY SOME DAYS AGO! They confirmed me that 154,4 Million is the final shipment number! If you want i can give u the number! In 2012 They just reshipped units they got back from retailers, because it was hard for them to sell it! This explains mixed PS2/ PS3 numbers!! This is official!! I do not know why vg.chartz denyes this! There are NOT MORE than 154,4 Million shipped! If, the sources would say so!

I can't read German lol.

Was PS2 discontinued in all regions? I think not! In Brazil taxes multiply video game console prices three fold, and last I heard PS2 was still doing fine there because of the price. Sony has also been including PS2 figures in their shipment reports (The number of units shipped is the combination of PS2/PS3 shipments and it is stated in each quarterly update).

PDF of Last Fiscal Year shipments, clearly includes PS2.

Could you please find me an english link saying PS2 is discontinued in ALL regions, preferably one giving final shipments.

Regardless, even if PS2 is no longer being shipped (Which is odd when in 2011 PS2 shipped over 4 million units, why suddenly stop?), DS still hasn't passed PS2 in terms of sales. It will still need a few more weeks, probably even a year. I hope it does overtake PS2 though.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

kowen if you really truly think that a rule has been broken here, then i mist insist you report nsanity as well. As you know retaliation is also covered in the rules.

Why would people feel the need to "build up" one system or "tear down" another system?

I don't get that type of thing.

I like all systems equally...

crissindahouse said:

he is talking crazy stuff. the news is from 6th of november 2012 and says that sony will stop production now. so they will probably stop with it end of 2012 or stopped it on 6th of november but not beginning of 2012....no clue why he is talking about reshipped models or whatever when the news says production stops now lol.

but that should really mean no new ps2 anymore in the future.

IF that is the case, DS still has 3 million units or so to go! It will happen IF that is the case, but not until fall 2013 or 2014.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
crissindahouse said:

he is talking crazy stuff. the news is from 6th of november 2012 and says that sony will stop production now. so they will probably stop with it end of 2012 or stopped it on 6th of november but not beginning of 2012....no clue why he is talking about reshipped models or whatever when the news says production stops now lol.

IF that is the case, DS still has 3 million units or so to go! It will happen IF that is the case, but not until fall 2013 or 2014.

and even that was not correct like ethomaz showed. was only a tweet of a japanese retailer or something.  and since every source killer7 used was just copy and paste from one site which posted it first i think it's a safe bet that this was all just a wrong information even if killer7 meant he also got this info from a high sony employee on the phone haha

CGI-Quality said:

That wasn't a price cut. They just offered a smaller model for the same price and the 80GB for even more. That is why the 360 outsold the PS3 the way t did during the holidays then. They would see another cut until August of 2009, from the $399.99 price point of 2007. All they did was revise models, while the 360 had a full blown cut

And since then, the 360 has had deals and price revisions as well. No, not a full blown drop, but it has not been the same exact price since 2008.

Yea, true. I agree with your point, for most falls 360 leads there is a reason, and same for PS3, but I wouldn't use Kinect as an arguement for 2011. 2011 was just 1 year, which actually had a PS3 price cut, and 360 won (for the holidays). 360 will likely outsell PS3 for the holidays this year too, but by a smaller margin.

And yes, 2008 wasn't really a true price cut since they eliminated the cheaper model. However It did contribute to boosted sales since the older 40GB was sold at a lower price (while inventory lasted), and the 80GB, which replaced the old 60GB was sold at the price of the old 40GB ($100 less then the old 60GB).

And yes 360 has had holiday promos. Isn't the 250GB and Kinect bundle sold for $50 less during the holidays? It's not a full out price cut, but without it 360 wouldn't be keeping up with the PS3.

ethomaz said:

So you get the 156 million you want.

So you agree with my 156.72 figure (By the end of 2012)?

kowenicki said:
man-bear-pig said:
Global sales this week:
PSASBR (PS3) - 49,632
Wonderbook - 84,242

PSASBR (PS3) total WW sales: 215,448
Wonderbook total WW sales: 164,357

Will Wonderbook end up being the highest selling PS3 exclusive this holiday season?

Wonderbook is the very epitome of a christmas title. 

Pretty dross sales for bith given they are exclusives that have been heavily and individually advertised on TV in the UK and Europe.

PSABR sales are pretty awful given the hype and expectation.  Wonderbook will disappear after Jan 1st.

Book of spells might, but wonderbook will continue to have new content being released for it. 

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

crissindahouse said:
Michael-5 said:
crissindahouse said:

and even that was not correct like ethomaz showed. was only a tweet of a japanese retailer or something.  and since every source killer7 used was just copy and paste from one site which posted it first i think it's a safe bet that this was all just a wrong information even if killer7 meant he also got this info from a high sony employee on the phone haha

It wouldn't make any sense that Sony completely disconintued the system, it shipped 4.7 million in FY 2011, and I predict it will ship 2.16 in FY 2012.

Maybe in traditional regions like North America, Japan, and Europe (So retailers like Gamestop would of course stop stalking it), but what about Latin America where a PS3 and 360 are still over $600? PS2 is still popular there.

Anyway, even if PS2 was discontinued, DS is still not above PS2 in terms of overall sales, and won't be for at the very least 1 more year.

jonnybmk said:
Why would people feel the need to "build up" one system or "tear down" another system?

I don't get that type of thing.

I like all systems equally...

Besides Vita that is..