S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
the2real4mafol said:
JayWood2010 said:
the2real4mafol said:
Time for many new franchises I think

well 3 out of the 7 games listed is a new IP

Sorry i didn't see them, I just saw another Halo and Fable 

lol no need to apologize.  Halo has been confirmed but there is also.  We also know Black Tusk Studio is working on a game that is suppose to be microsoft's next "Halo".  we also don't know what the other unkown companies that Microsoft assembled in recent years are working on. Most likely Microsoft will play next gen like this gen.  Target the hardcore crowd at the beginning and play aggressive and then go towards casual for the late adopters.

Microsoft isnt finished with Kinect. They will be playing with both the core and the casuals who use the 360 as a multimedia hub.

I know, I just think they will be agressive early on again because the hardcore market are usually the early adopters.

Yeah, for the first three years and then drop the first party like always down to two or three games.

Well it depends on when things start to become stagnant and what games are successful.  MS tends to only keep the really successful titles and ditches the rest.  We know they will have plenty of new IPs coming early in the generation so we could see another 2-3 games being added to their future lineups, which it definitely appears with black dusk studios.  Kinect is to prolong the generation and make sure sells dont drop which it has been successful in that manner.  PS3 has went straight for the core, Wii went with casual, Xbox has been the only one this gen to successfully reach out to both sides successfully.  This is why I think they will be the heavy favorite going into next generation.  Im not saying they will sell the most, but I dont think they will be at much of a risk like sony and nintendo.

Awwww if only Sony would've allowed for Kinect...I mean the Eye toy to scroll and choose your movies on the PS2, with decent commercialization, who knows what would've happend next?

As big as PS2 was, if it wouldve had kinect going into PS3 the PS3 would have been huge.  But at $599 it still wouldnt have been successful with the casual crowd.  If sony wants to try to capture both audiences as well they will need to cut back on price next gen and amp up move more. 

Sony doesnt like to dumb down their product. Too prideful of a company, truthfully. My money says if the Eyetoy was a commercial hit Microsoft would've never purchased Primesense. 

Around the Network

Awwww if only Sony would've allowed for Kinect...I mean the Eye toy to scroll and choose your movies on the PS2, with decent commercialization, who knows what would've happend next?

As big as PS2 was, if it wouldve had kinect going into PS3 the PS3 would have been huge.  But at $599 it still wouldnt have been successful with the casual crowd.  If sony wants to try to capture both audiences as well they will need to cut back on price next gen and amp up move more. 

Sony doesnt like to dumb down their product. Too prideful of a company, truthfully. My money says if the Eyetoy was a commercial hit Microsoft would've never purchased Primesense. 

Well at the end of the day that is all just what ifs.  You should go talk to that guy )Dannesandin I think is his username) who does the what if threads and tell him he should do a thread "What if the eyetoy was successful" or ask him if you could do that thread.  I would do it but I wouldn't feel right making a thread when he has already planned a series of threads like that.

If a Halo remake lets me shoot the OP pistol and run people down in a Warthog in photo-realistic graphics, I'm there.

Sounds boring, but I guess we'll have to see what the new IPs actually look like. I really think I'm going to skip out on the Xbox next gen, which is funny since I got a lot of play out of my 360 and the original competes with the Gamecube for my most played 6th Gen system.... but Fable isn't what it used to be, neither is Rare, and I don't care for Halo. With that said, I don't see what advantages it could possibly have over my PC, but hey, maybe they will wow me.

This is the first Gen were I feel like I already know what I'm going to do console wise; I'll pick up a PS4 after the first slim model- if their first party can impress me again. I already have my Wii U because I know I'll want to play Nintendo's first party. Beyond that, I'll probably stick to PC, which is a safe bet since most big third party releases are by Western devs.

Too early to think this way I guess....

Andrespetmonkey said:
Halo 2 nextbox edition would do very well

If it had an active online community and no massive changes besides updated visuals I'd actually get the nextbox and a subscription to live just to play it again.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
KungKras said:
I call bullshit on the Halo remakes.

No console has (to my current knowledge and memory) been launched where the flagship game is a remake.

Who said it would be the flagship? Its Halo but there could easily be a new game that gets the spotlight.

Let me phrase it like this then.

I don't think the Halo game that launches the 720 is a remake. There could be one besidees the new game, but I won't belive they're launching a new system with a remake.

I LOVE ICELAND!

well for a mixt audience I think MS is the master of ceremony on that one.... instead of launching a complete product with full option at launch.... they do stages and the trend looks like it will go on next gen with several elements on top of the box that could be released several years into the console life cycle, like Kinect 2.0, or the AR glasses.... nobody said those concept were releasing at launch or cancelled.... and it is rather smart...... you let Nintendo cater to the casual beginning of gen.... you sell your console to core gamers for a couple years build a reputation of a powerful device then you cut your price several times drop in a new more casual accessory and the casual that have a really short attention span in general jump in.....
and it is also an excellent approach for devs... that can iron their technic on big titles at the beginning, then work hard on new IPs or the one that paid of by just doing little spec bumps every iteration and throw in the mix a bunch of cheap titles for casuals... cause even a stellar looking casual game requires less work or resources usually than an FPS or a strategy game or games for core gamers.... so it's a win win approach for the entire production line of the video game industry that MS is using.... that's why that line up is more something that make sense than a rumor.... I bet you a ton of new IPs or unannounced games are in the pipe line... those are just the most likely title to arrive within a year of launch.... and who knows the halo remakes might be 3D or with Kinect support or both or even AR glasses who knows....

but I could have told you about those title 5 years ago for the most part without taking to much risks...... now the title I can't wait for is the new bungie title Destiny.... looking at what leaked it is a perfect title for XB....

S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
the2real4mafol said:
JayWood2010 said:
the2real4mafol said:

lol no need to apologize.  Halo has been confirmed but there is also.  We also know Black Tusk Studio is working on a game that is suppose to be microsoft's next "Halo".  we also don't know what the other unkown companies that Microsoft assembled in recent years are working on. Most likely Microsoft will play next gen like this gen.  Target the hardcore crowd at the beginning and play aggressive and then go towards casual for the late adopters.

Microsoft isnt finished with Kinect. They will be playing with both the core and the casuals who use the 360 as a multimedia hub.

I know, I just think they will be agressive early on again because the hardcore market are usually the early adopters.

Yeah, for the first three years and then drop the first party like always down to two or three games.

With heavy investments in securing its lead on the downlaodable sector and Kinect games, but im sure you implied that.

But with the studios MS started up recently, their work will translate into next gen games. So naturally itll be better then it is now.

No it wont, they will make one or two more good games with possibly one more third party and then do the same thing they always do. Microsoft has become predictable over the last couple of gens.The rest of the games will be from Xbox Live arcade, which will have expanded by next gen and they will keep pushing Kinect for the core. Lets hope their games stick or they'll leave everyone hanging like the first two Xboxes towards the end completely dependent on third party.

They have become precitibale? They have been around for 2 gens and now there is a patern to them?

Anways even if they do drop their new titles down to 3 or 4 that will give them

Halo

Gears of War

Fable

Forza

Alan Wake

New IP

New IP

New IP

New IP

MB1025 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
the2real4mafol said:
JayWood2010 said:
the2real4mafol said:

With heavy investments in securing its lead on the downlaodable sector and Kinect games, but im sure you implied that.

But with the studios MS started up recently, their work will translate into next gen games. So naturally itll be better then it is now.

No it wont, they will make one or two more good games with possibly one more third party and then do the same thing they always do. Microsoft has become predictable over the last couple of gens.The rest of the games will be from Xbox Live arcade, which will have expanded by next gen and they will keep pushing Kinect for the core. Lets hope their games stick or they'll leave everyone hanging like the first two Xboxes towards the end completely dependent on third party.

They have become precitibale? They have been around for 2 gens and now there is a patern to them?

Anways even if they do drop their new titles down to 3 or 4 that will give them

Halo

Gears of War

Fable

Forza

Alan Wake

New IP

New IP

New IP

New IP

Last gen.

Halo, PGR, Fable,- insert third party exclusive from a PC company -(Bioware PC multiplats). Depend on third parties for the rest.

This gen.

Halo, Forza, Fable- Insert Gears second party from a PC company- Depend on third parties even more than ever.

They probably have the exclusive Bungie game as their primary title for launch. It seems it has been about 6 years in the making so there is a very good chance they could have another Halo for launch.

Tease.