By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS3 Will be the number 1 selling console in Europe this gen.

Agree? disagree?

Yes it will happen next year 111 38.54%

It will Happen in 2014 64 22.22%

I think it might happen 33 11.46%

Nah i aint to sure about this 7 2.43%

I dont think it will happen 30 10.42%

Never in a million years 25 8.68%

Results 18 6.25%

Total:288
gergroy said:

where are you getting these numbers from?

VGChartz. Just adding the ~100k thats missing from this Weeks NA numbers.

If youre curious about the 100k... Sony said they sold 525k, VGChartz still have it at about 429k.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
gergroy said:

If youre curious about the 100k... Sony said they sold 525k, VGChartz still have it at about 429k.

Sony "shipped" 525k... VGC then says they were able to sell about 430k of that. They are not 100k off. Maybe 40k at most.

superchunk said:
Carl2291 said:
gergroy said:

Sony "shipped" 525k... VGC then says they were able to sell about 430k of that. They are not 100k off. Maybe 40k at most.

I really hate these PR statements and how they twist these numbers around so that people have to constantly debate whether or not the numbers are shipped or sold.  I just looked at the Sony statement and there are all sorts of touting numbers without numbers crap.

That being said, I'm sure the 525k is probably sold to consumer not shipped.  The 100k off may be an error in reporting the latin America numbers since they saw such a huge percentage increase.  

Still, since hard numbers were never released last year, it is kind of hard to say if the ps3 is actually up year on year.  The way Vgchartz works, they may have made up the slack in other weeks.  I would probably call this year a draw instead of up or down...

superchunk said:

Im assuming you have proof that the Sony number was shipped and not sold to consumer, like it has been for the big 3 since forever?

bananaking21 said:
pezus said:
It will happen, but probably in 2014, not 2013

unless man-bear-pig is right and wonderbook is the ps3's killer app :P

B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Carl2291 said:
gergroy said:

Sony didn't ship 525k...

By that logic microsoft shipped 750k units, and wiiu shipped 400k units.

bananaking21 said:
pezus said

No that spot's already takenby GT5...sold over 9 million!

dsage01 said:
bananaking21 said:
pezus said

No that spot's already takenby GT5...sold over 9 million!

did you not hear? man-bear-pig has predicited a reasonable and humble 12.8 sales for wonderbook. so bye bye to GT and say hello book of spells!!

007BondAgent said:
superchunk said:
Carl2291 said:
gergroy said:

Sony didn't ship 525k...

By that logic microsoft shipped 750k units, and wiiu shipped 400k units.

no, when disucssing offical sales statements sony's are always shipped and other companies are always selled. also i would like to state that sony's shipped units are most likely just sitting on store shelves gathering dust.

man-bear-pig said:
bananaking21 said:
pezus said:

B_E_L_I_E_V_E