By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS3 Will be the number 1 selling console in Europe this gen.

Agree? disagree?

Yes it will happen next year 111 38.54%

It will Happen in 2014 64 22.22%

I think it might happen 33 11.46%

Nah i aint to sure about this 7 2.43%

I dont think it will happen 30 10.42%

Never in a million years 25 8.68%

Results 18 6.25%

Total:288

360 - 8-8.5 Million, because Microsoft wont cut the price, with no Halo or Gears in the Holidays.

PS3 - 10.5-11 Million, because Sony will cut the price and actually have a good SW line-up.

Ill probably change them predictions by the time I take a proper look at the charts later on. Take them as a sort of pre-prediction.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

you're late....

I predicted this nearly 2 years ago...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=127307&page=

almost everyone disagreed with me.

Ditto (although for different markets):

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147127&page=1#

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147126&page=1#

but I do disagree with the EU market, I think the Wii will hold on, but it will be mighty close

kowenicki said:
pezus said:

It's not about winning the most years, it's about getting the highest number overall. The lifetime sales tell us exactly which console sold the most, no questions asked. It's Nintendo's fault for not supporting their console and MS and Sony should benefit for their huge efforts lately to increase their sales.

axctually, its about making the most money.

Does that mean GameCube won the last gen?

kowenicki said:
aimancooper said:
North America LOVES Microsoft while Japan is horny at NINTENDO!!!!
and we Europeans we LOVEEEEEEE Sony :D<3

er.... PS3 is second in Europe at the moment.  and 33% marketshare doesn't represent loveeeeeee really does it.

Out of interest, excluding the UK (which is pretty much a 51st state when it comes to VG sales) whats Sony's market share in mainland Europe?

sorry double post

Around the Network

Does anyone know how many PS2s Sony sold after the release of the X360? Xmas 2005 til now?

It will be interesting to see 'the potential sales' left for this gens legacy system(s) to gain.

Speaking of which, what system do you think will be the legacy system? Surely it'll be shared between the 360/PS3? If so is there a chance all 3 systems could end the gen at 100m+ each? 360/PS3 are still quite expensive systems and I think they both have a least 1 (if not 2) relevant price drops that will increase sales.

The WiiMini is surely Nintendos last ditch effort to gain some of these late gen sales, the success of this could be the deciding factor but personally I don't think it'll do anything to help the Wii, think GameBoy Micro.

Then we come to the Wii U and the irony of this debate. The more successful the Wii U is the better for the 360/PS3. The Wii U could spark enough interest from developers to make more games with the current gen tech and hence... release more 360/PS3 (and Wii U) games. The success of the Wii U could ultimately lead to the Wii losing its status of generation 'winner'.

retroking1981 said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:

It's not about winning the most years, it's about getting the highest number overall. The lifetime sales tell us exactly which console sold the most, no questions asked. It's Nintendo's fault for not supporting their console and MS and Sony should benefit for their huge efforts lately to increase their sales.

Did the GC really make Nintendo money ? I personally think it just didn't lose them money while the handhelds brought in the profit. Afaik Nintendo never announced financials (not just shipping numbers) split into home console and handhelds.

retroking1981 said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:

Ever heard of the PS2? You really think it earned less?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

I agree with you OP. I just hope it happens before PS4 releases so we actually have something to celebrate.

i think it's funny how vg chartz don't know how many ps3 have been sold. right now it says 69.2M last update 24th nov. but sony said on the 17th of nov i think it was, that the ps3 had past 70M.