By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS3 Will be the number 1 selling console in Europe this gen.

Agree? disagree?

Yes it will happen next year 111 38.54%

It will Happen in 2014 64 22.22%

I think it might happen 33 11.46%

Nah i aint to sure about this 7 2.43%

I dont think it will happen 30 10.42%

Never in a million years 25 8.68%

Results 18 6.25%

Total:288
VGKing said:
I agree with you OP. I just hope it happens before PS4 releases so we actually have something to celebrate.

I think it's worth celebrating.  They could still turn it into some positive press at E3 and demonstrate the strength of the brand considering they've been the most expensive all gen (not sure if that console has ever won a gen before) and even if they pass 360 by E3 next year that would mean some bigtime momentum going into next gen (I think they'll pricecut it early next year to $199 to achieve this along with all that great software early in the year).

I mean think about E3 2015 and Kevin Butler walking on stage and going "Hey Microsoft!  Right here buddy!  YEAAAAAAH WE DID IT!  We beat motion controls!  We beat the OS kings!  TEH POWAH OF DA CELL!!!  You all laughed at $599 US dollars but look at us now!  Through that, and giant enemy crabs, and PS3 haz no gaemz, and wiimotes, and Kinect, and Wii fit, and 2d Mario, and everything and got the triple crown baby!  Playstation 1!  Playstation 2! and now Playstation 3! can take their places as the 3 most popular home consoles of ALL TIME baby!  *Kanye comes on and adds OF ALL TIME!!!* Hey Bill don't cry at least Steve Jobs is here to comfort you...oh wait.  Too soon?  

Oh yeah and Vita is discontinued f handhelds you can have it Nintendo we're done trying to give everyone free games on it"

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

I think those numbers will drop. There is going to be a major shift of support to next gen by the end of next year with PS Omni and 720.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

ethomaz said:

The PS3 will be the WW number 1 console this generations.

~115 million lifetime.

LOL!! No. This generation will be over once the new PS4 and XBox 720 launches. The Wii is going to pass the 100 million mark soon. The PS3 won't catch it.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Scisca said:
retroking1981 said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:

It's not about winning the most years, it's about getting the highest number overall. The lifetime sales tell us exactly which console sold the most, no questions asked. It's Nintendo's fault for not supporting their console and MS and Sony should benefit for their huge efforts lately to increase their sales.

axctually, its about making the most money.

Does that mean GameCube won the last gen?

Ever heard of the PS2? You really think it earned less?

Yeah, but I remember a thread on here a while back that showed Nintendo actually made more money during those years than Sony which I found mind boggling. I know the success of the GBA made up most of this but the GC was profitable.

I asked the question with a bit of sarcasm TBH, the GameCube sold the least that gen, hence it not being about making money imo like kowenicki said.

The xbox lost a ton of money, GC made a profit, what was more successful? Sales would suggest xbox which imo is what a consoles success is based on.

About profits: We can tell for sure those of Nintendo, we also know XBox 1 lost a lot, but we can't tell for sure profits and losses of Sony and MS consoles and gaming divisions, as both have kept them for years in miscellaneous divisions, with other products that have little or nothing to do with gaming, and with a wide range of balances, from huge profits to heavy losses. To blur things further, MS puts as many losses, costs and expenses as it can in the balance sheet item called some years "Others", some other years "Corporate Level Activity", to make the balance of every division look better (particularly the ones that are losing instead of profiting).

So, the only meaningful way to compare the three competitors is on HW and SW sales, and we can even have two different global winners and also two different winners for each region.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!