By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Updated] Official Wii U sales thread! 400,000 Wii U

What do you think of this numbers?

Amazing 28 11.97%

Great 83 35.47%

Ok 95 40.60%

Bad 14 5.98%

Mediocre...Nintendo sucks!! 14 5.98%

Total:234

Anyone who put the first two choices on the poll choices are absolutely incorrect. We know for certain that it sold more than 400k as there are plenty of areas where Wii Us were having shortages. The deluxe Wii U is completely sold out at retailers, pretty much, and we already had it confirmed that the Wii U launched with more than any other console in gaming history.

Around the Network

Somewhere between 300,000 and 800,000 seems about right for the range. Wii did 475k in Nov 2006

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

first week global...
US: 540,000
Japan: 1,340,000
Europe: 420,000

My guess would be anything from 500k to 600k in America. Let's pray I'm wrong and that the numbers are higher!

650,000k First Week

Around the Network

dont we need to know shipments for each region?

525k,so with black friday and wiiu launch,the americans spent a shedload of dollars last week

Above & Beyond

MDMAlliance said:
Anyone who put the first two choices on the poll choices are absolutely incorrect. We know for certain that it sold more than 400k as there are plenty of areas where Wii Us were having shortages. The deluxe Wii U is completely sold out at retailers, pretty much, and we already had it confirmed that the Wii U launched with more than any other console in gaming history.

The fanboys are rampant lately on this site... So many anti-xbox threads it's a joke.

I'm surprised there are no numbers yet! I'm beginning to think Nintendo is Dooomed!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

WindyCityHeat said:
53,000 units sold in the entire 51 states of the continental US. Nintendo follows up by liquidating and selling it's software assests to SONY. Everyone is happy.

An alternate history.

Elaborate

Love and tolerate.