By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What games do you have on 3DS that are NOT from a console Series?

forevercloud3000 said:
Jumpin said:

You are making the assumption that the 3DS counterparts are poor versions of home console versions; similar to the Vita. This is not the case. Mario Kart 7 isn't a half-assed version of a console game: with flight and undersea travel, it's actually more advanced than the console version. Kid Icarus is also significantly better than its NES console counterpart, as is Ocarina of Time, etc...

You are assuming that the Vita games are without any strong basis. Everyone who is a fan of the subsequent series and who have played the game say otherwise. Its easy to make such claims when you have never tried them, or don't take into consideration what kind of changes would be plausible in the first place.

Also, how about the fact Vita Haters dismiss Persona 4 Golden as a legitimate game fore Vita because it is also....a remake port. Are you trying to tell me that that too is a poor version of P4 as that is how you are portraying Vita games? What about LBP Vita which adds whole new ways of customization and control schemes exclusive to the vita, its own story as well? None of these games count because they are supposedly "lesser versions of console games". Yet you want me to take pleas that games like Zelda Oot are not? Does Zelda:OoT even add any features to the game?

I just want the lot of you to really think this through. You don't know what you are talking about when you make such claims because you usually have not experienced these games yourself or are not even fans of the series they come from. Mario and co are simply more popular so they sell better. Uncharted is still relatively new, and hasn't carved it's niche into handheld market just yet, as well as all the other titles yet they are doing everything right for portable versions. They do just as much to fit the handheld scene as any of the 3DS titles. So dismissing them entirely due to where they came from is silly and juvenile, and when the same is asked of you lot you come up empty handed as well.

Actually I do have a strong basis for saying Vita versions of console games are weaker versions than their console counterparts. You need look no further than reviews of Uncharted, Assassins Creed, and Call of Duty.

As people and all reviews have mentioned, yes! Ocarina of Time is a remake which improves over the original in a meaningful way.

The bottom line is, when home console ports or sequels are released to 3DS, they are usually improved on over their console counterparts.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

So basically, this thread is about trying to get 3DS owners to change their perceptions and say 'maybe I was wrong'?

Naturally, you've thought about this yourself with regards to the Vita first, right? Maybe you are wrong about that. The market is sure as hell pointing in that direction.

VGChartz

Jumpin said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Jumpin said:

You are making the assumption that the 3DS counterparts are poor versions of home console versions; similar to the Vita. This is not the case. Mario Kart 7 isn't a half-assed version of a console game: with flight and undersea travel, it's actually more advanced than the console version. Kid Icarus is also significantly better than its NES console counterpart, as is Ocarina of Time, etc...

You are assuming that the Vita games are without any strong basis. Everyone who is a fan of the subsequent series and who have played the game say otherwise. Its easy to make such claims when you have never tried them, or don't take into consideration what kind of changes would be plausible in the first place.

Also, how about the fact Vita Haters dismiss Persona 4 Golden as a legitimate game fore Vita because it is also....a remake port. Are you trying to tell me that that too is a poor version of P4 as that is how you are portraying Vita games? What about LBP Vita which adds whole new ways of customization and control schemes exclusive to the vita, its own story as well? None of these games count because they are supposedly "lesser versions of console games". Yet you want me to take pleas that games like Zelda Oot are not? Does Zelda:OoT even add any features to the game?

I just want the lot of you to really think this through. You don't know what you are talking about when you make such claims because you usually have not experienced these games yourself or are not even fans of the series they come from. Mario and co are simply more popular so they sell better. Uncharted is still relatively new, and hasn't carved it's niche into handheld market just yet, as well as all the other titles yet they are doing everything right for portable versions. They do just as much to fit the handheld scene as any of the 3DS titles. So dismissing them entirely due to where they came from is silly and juvenile, and when the same is asked of you lot you come up empty handed as well.

Actually I do have a strong basis for saying Vita versions of console games are weaker versions than their console counterparts. You need look no further than reviews of Uncharted, Assassins Creed, and Call of Duty.

As people and all reviews have mentioned, yes! Ocarina of Time is a remake which improves over the original in a meaningful way.

The bottom line is, when home console ports or sequels are released to 3DS, they are usually improved on over their console counterparts.

Vita games are not rated that much lower or higher than what is available on 3DS. If we look at some of the top games 3DS has Zelda OoT at 94, Persona 4 Golden on Vita on the other hand will be at a 96(once they update the 15+ reviews they are missing). LBP PSVita is an 88, and Super Mario 3D Land is a 90. Only a 2 point differerence(and as many will dispute, an unfair one). Kid Icarus and Gravity Rush are appropriately tied at an 83. Vita, for comparison purposes has the better version of Zero Escape. Mortal Kombat and SFIV tied at 85. Colors at an 89 is multiplatform. Mutant Blob is 86, Pushmo is 90. VVVVV is 83, Sound Shapes is 84. MGS3D a 78 and Resident Evil Rev a 82, on Vita front MGS Collection comes to an 81. Star Fox 64 3D is a 81, Uncharted GA an 80. See, all very close to each other as far as quality titles go and as somone demonstrated for me earlier, Reviewers are giving Vita harsh comparisons to console which drives their scores down.

For Zelda OoT 3D, I just read and watched some reviews. From what they told me it seems like updated graphics, remapping of controls to fit the system, an added Master Quest(aka Hard Mode) and Gauntlet Arena thing. So....from that I can see it does not update the original in any LARGE way, at least in comparison to what the PSVita remakes have done. At least in P4G, they have added many new game mechanics within the combat like team attacks, online social functions, brand new story paths and areas to explore, as well as the checkpoints zelda added.

As I have proved many times is this thread, the myth of 3DS games achieving some level of status or doing some unique trick of the trade for portables (that Vita somehow isn't doing) is undoubtedly false and I would just like it to stop being perpatrated.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
Nem said:
forevercloud3000 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
forevercloud3000 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
So 3DS sells > Vita, even though Vita = 3DS. A shame, but what can you do?

Yup. Nintendo just has a long history of owning the entire handheld market, it was never going to change over night. There mindshare with games like Mario is just too strong. Sony, after heavily relying on 3rd parties for too long, is now creating the 1st party franchises they should have years ago and their popularity has to be given a chance to grow in multiple venues.

The fact the Vita is significantly more costly doesn't help the situation either. Or at least the consumer is still conditioned to THINK it costs much more. Sony needs to teach them that its really not, but god knows their marketing departement is ran by monkeys.

Except this time things are much worse than their last attept, i.e. PSP. They're literally making negative progress.

I honestly believe the one and only reason why the Vita is not doing as well as the PSP is because NIN dropped price and Sony stubbornly refused to follow suite, at least as soon as they did. When Nintendo slashed price they set precedent that demands all others follow suite. No one wants to be a 3DS early adopter with the Vita. What I mean by that I think many are holding out (more so than normally) because they are afraid the second they get it it will drop in price, and they will feel shafted. I know I would too. Everyone knows they have to do so in order to compete with 3DS now so many find it unnessessary to buy it now, knowing it will cheaper just a few months from now.

What an incredible tale. Again, you are ignoring what consumers dictate. Its simpler than that. Sony cant afford to lose money on it, cause they are buried in debt with problems to finance themselves.

Nintendo did what needed to be done to save their product and flip it into a sucess. It wasnt nintendo that wanted to do it, it was the consumers that dictated it. You can only blame Sony for not beeing able to predict it after what happened to the 3DS.

I am not trying to spin this into whether they were right or wrong to do so, it was their choice as a company.  You say it like not doing so would have put Nintendo in Sony level financial jeopordy. They were/are completely stable and could have toughed through the low sales for a year.3DS at its original price was pure Apple level profit. During that time there was much back talk that at the same price point Nintendo looked meek next to the Vita. After a few months of baring the torment and low sales they caved in. They didn't want to possibly be seen as  on even ground with Vita. They COULD have stayed their ground, it wasn't like they were losing money. If they kept the course they could have squeezed more of that hi sell value out of consumers before dropping. At least that way the consumers wouldn't feel they can just cold shoulder a system in the future just so they can get the price point they want(which in the future might not be a feasible choice) hence the reason it could be seen as detrimental.

Nevertheless it was pure bad news for Sony upon release. Sony is opting to stick to their ground for the very reason I described. At this point its too late for them to keep tight lipped as Nintendo already set that standard that they have to if they don't want to fall too far behind. Regardless, Sony is making profit on all games and systems sold, which is all they care about right now. We will just have to see how this all pans out for Sony in the end.

I think the problem would be worse than that. If Nintendo hadnt dropped the price the portable market would be caving in to the mobile devices even faster. If both products stayed at that price and showed sales like the Vita has shown, there would be no further support from 3rd party developers for either device. The whole market would be in risk of collapsing and both companies would have to withdraw. Well, though im sure nintendo could keep on soldering because of their IP's (mario/pokemon). At least now the 3DS is a sucess, and as much as everyone wants to say portables are dead because of mobile devices, the 3DS is showing that the market is still here. Sony really should have forseen it and lowered the production costs/specs of the Vita so they could have a more competitive price. They thought the specs of the system would be recognised by consumers to justify the higher price, but obviously that didnt work.

We all know that if the system had a similar price cut to the 3DS the system would be revived (though it might be a too late now in terms of software support). The 3DS was in a position not very different from the Vita with lots of negativity before the price cut. I remember several "haha" threads from Nintendo haters and articles that were saying the 3DS was a failure. Alas, they stopped showing up after that christmas with mario 3D, matio kart and the price cut. Now the price cut did cost Nintendo alot of money. If you remember there were reports that the system was beeing sold at a loss.

Sony just doesnt have the money to lose on every unit, and thats the only explanation on why the price hasnt droped yet. If they are smart in the slightlest and still want to save the Vita they should bring out a revision of the Vita, with less expensive components (is a multitouch screen really necessary?) at a cheaper price. I really dont see what else they can do. They either give it up, they integrate it on the PS4 as a tablet controller bundling it with the PS4 (this choice is dangerous given microsoft is intent on going for a price war to rat Sony out of the market), or they release a revision at a much cheaper price.

Is it too late to save the Vita? Sadly i think so. But they can still try.

Nem said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Nem said:
forevercloud3000 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
forevercloud3000 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
So 3DS sells > Vita, even though Vita = 3DS. A shame, but what can you do?

Yup. Nintendo just has a long history of owning the entire handheld market, it was never going to change over night. There mindshare with games like Mario is just too strong. Sony, after heavily relying on 3rd parties for too long, is now creating the 1st party franchises they should have years ago and their popularity has to be given a chance to grow in multiple venues.

The fact the Vita is significantly more costly doesn't help the situation either. Or at least the consumer is still conditioned to THINK it costs much more. Sony needs to teach them that its really not, but god knows their marketing departement is ran by monkeys.

Except this time things are much worse than their last attept, i.e. PSP. They're literally making negative progress.

I honestly believe the one and only reason why the Vita is not doing as well as the PSP is because NIN dropped price and Sony stubbornly refused to follow suite, at least as soon as they did. When Nintendo slashed price they set precedent that demands all others follow suite. No one wants to be a 3DS early adopter with the Vita. What I mean by that I think many are holding out (more so than normally) because they are afraid the second they get it it will drop in price, and they will feel shafted. I know I would too. Everyone knows they have to do so in order to compete with 3DS now so many find it unnessessary to buy it now, knowing it will cheaper just a few months from now.

What an incredible tale. Again, you are ignoring what consumers dictate. Its simpler than that. Sony cant afford to lose money on it, cause they are buried in debt with problems to finance themselves.

Nintendo did what needed to be done to save their product and flip it into a sucess. It wasnt nintendo that wanted to do it, it was the consumers that dictated it. You can only blame Sony for not beeing able to predict it after what happened to the 3DS.

I am not trying to spin this into whether they were right or wrong to do so, it was their choice as a company.  You say it like not doing so would have put Nintendo in Sony level financial jeopordy. They were/are completely stable and could have toughed through the low sales for a year.3DS at its original price was pure Apple level profit. During that time there was much back talk that at the same price point Nintendo looked meek next to the Vita. After a few months of baring the torment and low sales they caved in. They didn't want to possibly be seen as  on even ground with Vita. They COULD have stayed their ground, it wasn't like they were losing money. If they kept the course they could have squeezed more of that hi sell value out of consumers before dropping. At least that way the consumers wouldn't feel they can just cold shoulder a system in the future just so they can get the price point they want(which in the future might not be a feasible choice) hence the reason it could be seen as detrimental.

Nevertheless it was pure bad news for Sony upon release. Sony is opting to stick to their ground for the very reason I described. At this point its too late for them to keep tight lipped as Nintendo already set that standard that they have to if they don't want to fall too far behind. Regardless, Sony is making profit on all games and systems sold, which is all they care about right now. We will just have to see how this all pans out for Sony in the end.

I think the problem would be worse than that. If Nintendo hadnt dropped the price the portable market would be caving in to the mobile devices even faster. If both products stayed at that price and showed sales like the Vita has shown, there would be no further support from 3rd party developers for either device. The whole market would be in risk of collapsing and both companies would have to withdraw. Well, though im sure nintendo could keep on soldering because of their IP's (mario/pokemon). At least now the 3DS is a sucess, and as much as everyone wants to say portables are dead because of mobile devices, the 3DS is showing that the market is still here. Sony really should have forseen it and lowered the production costs/specs of the Vita so they could have a more competitive price. They thought the specs of the system would be recognised by consumers to justify the higher price, but obviously that didnt work.

We all know that if the system had a similar price cut to the 3DS the system would be revived (though it might be a too late now in terms of software support). The 3DS was in a position not very different from the Vita with lots of negativity before the price cut. I remember several "haha" threads from Nintendo haters and articles that were saying the 3DS was a failure. Alas, they stopped showing up after that christmas with mario 3D, matio kart and the price cut. Now the price cut did cost Nintendo alot of money. If you remember there were reports that the system was beeing sold at a loss.

Sony just doesnt have the money to lose on every unit, and thats the only explanation on why the price hasnt droped yet. If they are smart in the slightlest and still want to save the Vita they should bring out a revision of the Vita, with less expensive components (is a multitouch screen really necessary?) at a cheaper price. I really dont see what else they can do. They either give it up, they integrate it on the PS4 as a tablet controller bundling it with the PS4 (this choice is dangerous given microsoft is intent on going for a price war to rat Sony out of the market), or they release a revision at a much cheaper price.

Is it too late to save the Vita? Sadly i think so. But they can still try.

I think backing down from their price point lets the media think "Oh well they dropped price, maybe mobile is taking hold of the handheld market" as opposed to firming the belief its just ecause of the recession. This makes handheld gaming look like it is conceding to phone market. This is one of those self fullfilling prophecies I frequently speak of. Market lobbyist release scandalized reports of something such as "Mobile app market taking over Gaming Handheld market", sends everyone into a scare, companies start reacting as if its true, so then it ends up becoming true.

Sony is stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment. With their financial situations, their gaming market and Movie studios are all that are keeping them afloat (its the movie hardware business weighing them down) so to lose any possible profit from there can be costly. I still think sticking to their guns will end up paying off in some small way, then at the end of Q1 2013 when they slash price officially(my prediction) they will stabalize.

Greatness Awaits

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
Jumpin said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Jumpin said:

Vita games are not rated that much lower or higher than what is available on 3DS. If we look at some of the top games 3DS has Zelda OoT at 94, Persona 4 Golden on Vita on the other hand will be at a 96(once they update the 15+ reviews they are missing). LBP PSVita is an 88, and Super Mario 3D Land is a 90. Only a 2 point differerence(and as many will dispute, an unfair one). Kid Icarus and Gravity Rush are appropriately tied at an 83. Vita, for comparison purposes has the better version of Zero Escape. Mortal Kombat and SFIV tied at 85. Colors at an 89 is multiplatform. Mutant Blob is 86, Pushmo is 90. VVVVV is 83, Sound Shapes is 84. MGS3D a 78 and Resident Evil Rev a 82, on Vita front MGS Collection comes to an 81. Star Fox 64 3D is a 81, Uncharted GA an 80. See, all very close to each other as far as quality titles go and as somone demonstrated for me earlier, Reviewers are giving Vita harsh comparisons to console which drives their scores down.

For Zelda OoT 3D, I just read and watched some reviews. From what they told me it seems like updated graphics, remapping of controls to fit the system, an added Master Quest(aka Hard Mode) and Gauntlet Arena thing. So....from that I can see it does not update the original in any LARGE way, at least in comparison to what the PSVita remakes have done. At least in P4G, they have added many new game mechanics within the combat like team attacks, online social functions, brand new story paths and areas to explore, as well as the checkpoints zelda added.

As I have proved many times is this thread, the myth of 3DS games achieving some level of status or doing some unique trick of the trade for portables (that Vita somehow isn't doing) is undoubtedly false and I would just like it to stop being perpatrated.

I agree on every word.

I see the point you're trying to make, but I think it boils down to this: the hardware and software available on the 3DS is more appealing to people. A lot of it has to do with very popular, evergreen franchises like Mario Kart and Super Mario. A lot of it has to do with backwards compatibility. A lot of it has to do with an affordable price point. The Vita might have high-rated games, but if people don't want to buy them what's the point? The Vita might have incredible hardware, but if the price is wrong, what's the point? My advice is to continue enjoying the Vita, and tell all your friends and family about how great it is. Word of mouth is important.

I hope to own a Vita soon, but right now the cost is too high, and there isn't a critical mass of must-have software.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I see the point you're trying to make, but I think it boils down to this: the hardware and software available on the 3DS is more appealing to people. A lot of it has to do with very popular, evergreen franchises like Mario Kart and Super Mario. A lot of it has to do with backwards compatibility. A lot of it has to do with an affordable price point. The Vita might have high-rated games, but if people don't want to buy them what's the point? The Vita might have incredible hardware, but if the price is wrong, what's the point? My advice is to continue enjoying the Vita, and tell all your friends and family about how great it is. Word of mouth is important.

I hope to own a Vita soon, but right now the cost is too high, and there isn't a critical mass of must-have software.

I can agree with everything you just said.

Greatness Awaits

Instead of trying to figure out what the problem is, I'll give you the reasons why I won't buy a Vita anytime soon if ever at this point.
1.) 3DS came out first and I had no reason to wait since I already knew good games would be on it just by looking at at the DS cycle.
2.) I can get Micro SD Class 10 32 GB cards for as low as 19 USD.
3.) fuck there are so many games on it already and so many ones I want are coming out next year!
4.) I only have so much pocket space, I already got my smart phone, my keys, my wallet, micro USB cable, ear buds, artificial tear, lip palm, my work phone, and my fucking 3DS. Noway in hell I'm going to carry a Vita on me after all that shit.
5.) I already have a 3DS.
6.) Monster Hunter.
7.) I already have a 3DS.
8.) I already have a 3DS so the Vita pretty much means nothing, if you compare my playtime of my DS vs my PSP, it's no wonder I don't care for it as much about the Vita.
9.) Did I mention that I already have a 3DS?

Chandler said:
Pullblox, Fallblox, Dillons Rolling Western, Hana Samurai, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Denpa Men, Heroes of Ruin, Mutant Mudds, Mighty Switch Force, Picross e are the ones that I have. What's the point of this thread again?

These are all eShop games?

Heard of Denpa Men, Picross, and Mighty Switch Force.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.