yes 286 83.38%

no 57 16.62%

Total:343
forevercloud3000 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Player1x3 said:
o_O.Q said:
Hynad said:

Yeah, because everyone knows that if you want to talk about good looking graphics, you can never do so while mentioning a console.

Strangely enough, before his input, nobody made a bit deal out of it. Nobody compared the graphics from Beyond to anything on any other platform. He's the one that came in with the inferiority complex to impose his views on things.

exactly, the thread was originally just about turkish being impressed by the graphics ( and imo they really are impressive ) and for some reason that offended the guy

Yeah that's why i assumed he was jelly

It looks like a great game technicly and story wise.  I was misunderstood more than anything.  All I'm saying is it looks this good because of motion cature and CGI.  Actual gameplay will not look this good.  

But it does tho, we've seen in-engine gameplay shots. The only forseeable difference will be the anti-aliasing probably won't be as good as it looks right now. So what are you saying?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhxmUKZL-vk

I know this is what you are talking about most likely.  When she is talking to the cop that is all motion capture. The detail is amazing yes, but if you had control of the character and are able to do a lot of things instead of it being scripted you wouldn't have this because motion capturing requires a real face.  This game showcases the technology of motion capturing really well.  Take a look at L.A. Noire, this is the same type of technology.  The only problem with this type of technology is it is super expensive.  Hopefully that has changed since L.A. Noire

Now gameplay graphics that looks really impressive that doesnt seem to be scripted with a lot of things going on like Last of Us I think is much more impressive.  This does not take away from Beyond though as it looks amazing.  I just think people should understand the technology behind it. 

Around the Network

That picture or whatever that is of Ellen Page does look nice but will the game look like that in-game? We'll see.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

JayWood2010 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Player1x3 said:
o_O.Q said:
Hynad said:

Yeah, because everyone knows that if you want to talk about good looking graphics, you can never do so while mentioning a console.

Strangely enough, before his input, nobody made a bit deal out of it. Nobody compared the graphics from Beyond to anything on any other platform. He's the one that came in with the inferiority complex to impose his views on things.

exactly, the thread was originally just about turkish being impressed by the graphics ( and imo they really are impressive ) and for some reason that offended the guy

It looks like a great game technicly and story wise.  I was misunderstood more than anything.  All I'm saying is it looks this good because of motion cature and CGI.  Actual gameplay will not look this good.  

But it does tho, we've seen in-engine gameplay shots. The only forseeable difference will be the anti-aliasing probably won't be as good as it looks right now. So what are you saying?

I know this is what you are talking about most likely.  When she is talking to the cop that is all motion capture. The detail is amazing yes, but if you had control of the character and are able to do a lot of things instead of it being scripted you wouldn't have this because motion capturing requires a real face.  This game showcases the technology of motion capturing really well.  Take a look at L.A. Noire, this is the same type of technology.  The only problem with this type of technology is it is super expensive.  Hopefully that has changed since L.A. Noire

Now gameplay graphics that looks really impressive that doesnt seem to be scripted with a lot of things going on like Last of Us I think is much more impressive.  This does not take away from Beyond though as it looks amazing.  I just think people should understand the technology behind it. 

I will say I am confused at what you are getting at. Yes we know the face looks so great and life-like due to motion capture, but the facial textures are not effected by that just the movements. If it's not a dialogue sequence she won't be talking(much) so why would they need to use mocap for a stoic face? Am sure they will use mo-cap for some steller body movements as well which will assuredly be in the gameplay. 

In essence what makes this game looks so good is the texture work and animations. Do you somehow think the texture work will change from now till the game comes out? Mind you Heavy Rain had some really great texture work too and it looked virtually identical in-game at all times.

PS. All this talk of Quantic Dreams/Heavy Rain makes me want to play it again right now :P.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
This does not represent the power of the PS3 *sigh*

Turkish show gameplay of games when you are talking about graphics.

But it is an upcoming PS3 exclusive, and everythang is real time renderred.

This does not show the power of the ps3.  Do you know much about tech?  That is a real question.

PS3 is 6 year old technology so enough of these "PS3 graphics threads".  The PS3 is out dated now.  Would you like if I posted every other day about how powerful the PC is?

Nobody would give a fuck if you did. Really.

OT: Very very amazing. I almost didn't think it was a game. That is a hell of a game, I can't get to get more gameplay and story.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

JayWood2010 said:
Player1x3 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Player1x3 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:

But it is an upcoming PS3 exclusive, and everythang is real time renderred.

This does not show the power of the ps3.  Do you know much about tech?  That is a real question.

PS3 is 6 year old technology so enough of these "PS3 graphics threads".  The PS3 is out dated now.  Would you like if I posted every other day about how powerful the PC is?

Oh yes I'm completely jelly when not only will I be buying this game but my PC wipes the floor console with games

Yeah u jelly cuz this game won't be possible on 360! lololololo :p

lmao Have you guys ever heard of owning all three consoles? I could care less what this game is on

Those are the PC versions graphics which are pretty much next gen for us. Beyond is probably going to be the best looking exclusive on consoles before Sony gets ready for Orbis to launch.

Around the Network

i'm amazed you realized this by now while the games was announced long ago...
so why post it right now? too much wiiu-threads? no, just kidding, it looks amazing!

I guess thats what happens when you focus all the power of the console on one character.

Yay!!!

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
I guess thats what happens when you focus all the power of the console on one character.

The parts with the cops and swat team are awesome too. I dont think they focus everything on her.

JayWood2010 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Player1x3 said:
o_O.Q said:
Hynad said:

Also another problem with L.a niore is that the faces are actually 360 degree video files, witch takes up alot of space

JayWood2010 said:

Everything Quantic Dream does is real-time rendered in their game-engine. This is an evolution over what they did in Heavy Rain.

Just goes to show that Software > Hardware once it catches up (takes long time and lots of talent and effort)

Proprietary game engines from super talented developers will always wipe the floor of the generic game engine toolset created games.

Quantic Dream's Game Engine (Heavy Rain / Beyond Two Souls)

Naughty Dog's Game Engine (Uncharted / The Last of Us)

Critterion Games Engine (NFS - Hot Pursuit / Most Wanted)

Bungie / Studio 343 - Game Engine (Halo 4)

vs.

Unreal 3

Id Tech 5

CryTech 3

Frostbyte 2

PS - Please don't respond that Game X on Generic Engine Y on $3000 Gaming PC looks better... what can those engines accomplish on a $200-300 machine?