By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Is it beautiful?

yes 286 83.38%

no 57 16.62%

Total:343

i'm not because i remember what sony showed me the e3 before ps3 launch and know that graphics improve from year to year even on old tech. it looks good (even if i have the uncanny feeling in some beyond scenes i saw) but not so good that i can't believe that this is running on the ps3.

but i would be amazed to get that graphics in a game like skyrim or something.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
This does not represent the power of the PS3 *sigh*

Turkish show gameplay of games when you are talking about graphics.

But it is an upcoming PS3 exclusive, and everythang is real time renderred.

This does not show the power of the ps3.  Do you know much about tech?  That is a real question.

PS3 is 6 year old technology so enough of these "PS3 graphics threads".  The PS3 is out dated now.  Would you like if I posted every other day about how powerful the PC is?

He just posted a gif of a ps3 game running in real time an it is amazing? What is the problem?

JayWood2010 said:
This does not represent the power of the PS3 *sigh*

Turkish show gameplay of games when you are talking about graphics.

Well it does with the best engine out there offered by Quantic Dream. AnvilNext has managed to do it, so has Frostbite 2 and soon to be the groundbreaking FOX engine. Otherwise the developers would have shelled their projects.

I'm very surprised that the mods did not take action yet. This raises questions.

In another thread someone got banned for calling people idiots, and yet the offense on this thread goes unchecked.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
cusman said:

Everything Quantic Dream does is real-time rendered in their game-engine. This is an evolution over what they did in Heavy Rain.

Just goes to show that Software > Hardware once it catches up (takes long time and lots of talent and effort)

Proprietary game engines from super talented developers will always wipe the floor of the generic game engine toolset created games.

Quantic Dream's Game Engine (Heavy Rain / Beyond Two Souls)

Naughty Dog's Game Engine (Uncharted / The Last of Us)

Critterion Games Engine (NFS - Hot Pursuit / Most Wanted)

Bungie / Studio 343 - Game Engine (Halo 4)

Gears of War 3 (and arguably crysis 2 on 360) belongs on the above list of games, and they run on Unreal Engine 3 and cryengine 3 respectively.

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
cusman said:

Everything Quantic Dream does is real-time rendered in their game-engine. This is an evolution over what they did in Heavy Rain.

Just goes to show that Software > Hardware once it catches up (takes long time and lots of talent and effort)

Proprietary game engines from super talented developers will always wipe the floor of the generic game engine toolset created games.

Quantic Dream's Game Engine (Heavy Rain / Beyond Two Souls)

Naughty Dog's Game Engine (Uncharted / The Last of Us)

Critterion Games Engine (NFS - Hot Pursuit / Most Wanted)

Bungie / Studio 343 - Game Engine (Halo 4)

Gears of War 3 (and arguably crysis 2 on 360) belongs on the above list of games, and they run on Unreal Engine 3 and cryengine 3 respectively.

And so does God of War 3, Killzone 2+3 and they both run on their own seperate engines which only enforces cusmans statement. With that said, there are indeed exceptions :P

Can't wait for this game Pre ordered it months ago.

Aldro said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

And so does God of War 3, Killzone 2+3 and they both run on their own seperate engines which only enforces cusmans statement. With that said, there are indeed exceptions :P

I don't think there are exceptions, because I don't think there is a rule. What you need is a talented and efficient developer, and a good engine. It doesn't really matter if the engine is proprietary, though that probably helps. I would imagine the fact that most of these games are exclusive is a bigger factor (time and resources focused on one console).

NobleTeam360 said:

I'm hoping for a big azz collectors edition with Ellen Page figurine

Turkish said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I'm hoping for a big azz collectors edition with Ellen Page figurine

I'm expecting every game to come with Ellen Page.