By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spike VGA 2012 Nominees announced

I voted for Borderlands 2 at every chance and Xenoblade Chronicles. Also, lol at the handheld list, 3 Vita games and 1 3DS game. Resident Evil revelations getting robbed again. All those list were pretty much utter crap, like 10 different games overall in all lists.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

hitman didn't release yet!

there is not point in making the best of 2012, when there are still lots of games coming this year.

how the hell is ac3, walking dead there ...and not halo 4 . dfuq

axumblade said:
Chandler said:
I voted for Borderlands 2 at every chance and Xenoblade Chronicles. Also, lol at the handheld list, 3 Vita games and 1 3DS game. Resident Evil revelations getting robbed again. All those list were pretty much utter crap, like 10 different games overall in all lists.

I'm glad somebody else voted for Borderlands 2 many times!

As for the handheld list, it is strange to see 3 Vita titles nominated, it might split the vote into giving Mario an easy win. That or LBPV and Mario will cancel each other out and Gravity Rush will win. I can attest all the games nominated for the handheld are great options but I can see why you'd be mad Resident Evil (or even Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts or theatrhythm weren't nominated).

This has been mentioned, but as far as we know the user voting doesn't matter except for two categories.  Rest is decided by a panel which has been listed before.  

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Chandler said:

As for the handheld list, it is strange to see 3 Vita titles nominated, it might split the vote into giving Mario an easy win. That or LBPV and Mario will cancel each other out and Gravity Rush will win. I can attest all the games nominated for the handheld are great options but I can see why you'd be mad Resident Evil (or even Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts or theatrhythm weren't nominated).

I also own all the handheld games listed and LBP/Sound Shapes are just not the kinds of game I like. They revolve too much around the editor for my taste and when I play I want to play and not work. I'm not too keen on Gravity Rush either. I would have liked for RE or KI to be in place of Sound Shapes but I guess that's the mandatory arty-fartsy slot that every list had to have.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

axumblade said:
Torillian said:
axumblade said:
Chandler said:

This has been mentioned, but as far as we know the user voting doesn't matter except for two categories.  Rest is decided by a panel which has been listed before.  

What's the point of voting then? :/ This is like the South Carolina election all over again. ._.

Yeah reminds me of this skit on Key and Peele where they talk about the electoral college and how our votes are "suggestions".  That's about as much as the picks on these awards probably matter, unless they mention the users award as well.  

Wait people actually take this seriously? This is the same channel that airs Manswers

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

I think what annoys me most about this is Trials Evolution not being nominated in any category. Trials Evolution is arguable the best downloadable game this year; hell even goty material. If anyone that has actually played the damn game, you would know this.

Wow, downright shocked that Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 got snubbed for GOTY, but ina good way that is. Spike usually only really honors FPS's so it's good to see them ignore them for a change. Borderlands 2 is a major snub in a bad way though. That and Xenoblade are the true GOTY contenders for me (unless Mario U or Zombi U really blows me away, which I doubt).