By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spike VGA 2012 Nominees announced

CGI-Quality said:
homer said:
CGI...don't even pretend like you have any interest in story driven games if you haven't played The Walking Dead. It is the de facto goty. I usually don't vote for arbitrary things such as this, but that game is so good that I might make an exception. Might...

Forgive me, I didn't realize it was the barometer for determining who likes/dislikes story driven games.

Now you know. Now what are you going to do to rectify this problem? The only solution is to play this masterpiece.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Halo 4?

Not even up for Game of the Year?

That would be boring. Another halo game for GotY? Booooooring.

OT: All I can say is wow. Journey and TWD for GotY? My vote goes to TWD. Simply amazing storytelling and the emotion that game can yank out of you is crazy. Realistically speaking, ACIII will most likely win, which makes me a sad panda.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Mass Effect 3 will win goty its almost certain.

Halo 4 best graphics.

good there is a thread of this,some strange choices but i enjoyed putting my bias in there especially on games and sections i haven't even played

Above & Beyond

Nsanity said:
@Aldro: That list is made up of opinions not facts.

Opinions on the editors of oh so many sites who will play more games than we might ever do. Add that to the fact that if they praise a game, the developers and people are going to hear it. That holds some value, even if I like many, detest it. One just cant overlook THAT fact.

EGM 7/10 Halo 4 stirred up some shit.

But if I was to make a post here as an alt account saying 1/10 game suxxx, I assure you, nobody would give a crap. (JUST AN EXAMPLE!)

Around the Network

To be brutally honest, and I will probably be lambasted for saying this. The newest Halo doesn't deserve to be a real game of the year contender. No matter who's awards you are talking about. The graphical polish put on the newest installment. Cannot cover up the fact that the game doesn't play like a Halo game. I am sorry if I wanted to play a Call of Duty, or a Battlefield I would play one of those games. Halo had more of a Arcade feel, and removing that really hurt the game. It is really just a okay game, but I can forgive people who like those other series for thinking it is the shit now.

That said I don't think Mass Effect deserves a nod either. For every person I know who liked it. I know two others that harbor a psychotic fucking hatred. The majority of which is due to the half ass ending. I mean this is the game that Amazon had a open return policy on, because customers went through the fucking roof they were so pissed. Why put a game on the list that people are going to vote against just out of pure spite.

That I said I am not going to vote, because I hold that same hatred. I would rather vote for something rather then vote against something. That said I am sure your going to get a lot of spite votes.

Also:
You guys know that our votes only matter for Best Trailer and Most Anticipated Game right?

They have a bunch of critics from other sites that votes for ALL the other awards.

I knew it was a pitiful year for games and all, but when Journey and TWD get nominated for GOTY then damn.

RolStoppable said:
Aldro said:
Also:
You guys know that our votes only matter for Best Trailer and Most Anticipated Game right?

They have a bunch of critics from other sites that votes for ALL the other awards.

Yes, it's like KylieDog said: These awards are being bought, so they can't be taken seriously.

Sony / Thatgamecompany have that kind of money? The walking dead XD? Surely if that was the way, MS & Halo 4 with the biggest budget could've spared some cash to atleast get a nomination :P

RolStoppable said:
Aldro said:

Sony / Thatgamecompany have that kind of money? The walking dead XD? Surely if that was the way, MS & Halo 4 with the biggest budget could've spared some cash to atleast get a nomination :P

Obviously only the winner needs the money, the nominations are just there to make it look like a legit award ceremony.

Microsoft spends their money on marketing, because that will get them much more sales than any prestige they can take away from this show.

Touché!

Well here are the dudes anyway :P

SPIKE TV is pleased to announce the 2012 VGA Advisory Council! It's the Council's job to vote on the VGA nominees and winners.

Geoff Keighley (Host / Executive Producer, SPIKETV)

Darren Franich (Staff Writer, Entertainment Weekly)

Andy McNamara (Editor in Chief, Game Informer Magazine)

Ludwig Kietzmann (Editor in Chief, Joystiq)

Tal Blevins (VP Games Content, IGN Entertainment)

Shane Satterfield (Editor in Chief, GameTrailers)

Jeremy Parish (Editor in Chief, 1UP.com)

Chris Kohler (Games Editor, Wired.com)

Francesca Reyes (Editor in Chief, Official Xbox Magazine)

Justin Calvert (Executive Editor, Gamespot)

Dale North (Editor in Chief, Destructoid)

Mike Snider (Entertainment Reporter, USA Today)

Jeff Gerstmann (Editor in Chief, Giant Bomb)

Jerry Holkins (Co-Creator, Penny Arcade)

Mike Krahulik (Co-Creator, Penny Arcade)

Ben Silverman (Yahoo Games)

Chris Slate (Editor-In-Chief, Nintendo Power Magazine)

Sophia Tong (Editor in Chief, GamesRadar)

Logan Decker (Editor in Chief, PC Gamer)

Lou Kesten (AP)

Chris Grant (Editor, Polygon.com)

Brian Crecente (News Editor, Polygon.com)

Russ Frushtick (Senior Editor, Polygon.com)

Stephen Totilo (Deputy Editor, Kotaku.com)

Tina Amini (Coordinating Editor, Kotaku.com)