By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spike VGA 2012 Nominees announced

Nsanity said:
FatalInertia said:
DirtyP2002 said:
No Halo, No competition.

Halo is not goty materila hasnt been for years... And spike awards are a joke.

Well no thats actually facts comparing critics which makes sense since this is a topic about Spikes VGA's.

http://gotypicks.blogspot.se/

Go there and check out 2007 and 2010. Halo 3 and Halo Reach isn't even in the top 5. I'm sure Halo 4 will get a lot though. This year has really been pretty bleh in comparison to the other years.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
Turkish said:
I would vote 10x on Journey if I could, well, I'll convince others to vote!

You should ask TurkishCritic and his alternate buddies to vote for Journey.

Come on, man. Please don't make this a thing...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

@Aldro: That list is made up of opinions not facts.

I haven't played Walking Dead (and have no interest) or Journey (and have lots of interest)

I really like all three of the others, but I would say ME3 is the best of them, and my GoTY so far, by quite a comfortable margin. Dishonored is let down by a poorly handled story and disappointing length, whereas AC3 lacks meaningful side content and characters, but still has an excellent main campaign and naval battles.

The ending aside, I loved everything about ME3 - the gameplay which took the best bits of ME1 and ME2, seeing all of your old teammates even if only for a short while, the fantastic cinematic moments, the surprisingly addictive multiplayer. And even the ending was fixed a few months on, free of charge, and I quite like how they ended Shepard's story now.

I think there's too much backlash about the ending/launch DLC for ME3 to be winning many readers' choice awards, but if I'm not mistaken the VGAs are chosen by a panel, so it has a very good shot.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

no halo 4? surprised. i havent played Dishonored, but by what i seen and heard, it should win game of the year. something new and innovative for a change

Edit : or journy, it would be nice if a game like this gets credit it deserves and not be ignored just because it doesnt cost 60 bucks and is a download only game

Around the Network

Man Sound Shapes is getting some love too! Will vote on that aswel

CGI...don't even pretend like you have any interest in story driven games if you haven't played The Walking Dead. It is the de facto goty. I usually don't vote for arbitrary things such as this, but that game is so good that I might make an exception. Might...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

RolStoppable said:

Sound Shapes was the game used to say that "you could make an argument that NSMB2 wasn't even the best platformer released this week".

Haha. Geez. I really hope Mario doesn't win. The pickings from Vita on that list are too good.

swap ME3 with halo 4 or borderlands 2 then this would be a solid list

wtf Walking Dead ep5 isn't even out yet