By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spike VGA 2012 Nominees announced

Salnax said:
pokoko said:
I love reading the "OMG they didn't nominate MY favorite game, this is a SHAM/CONSPIRACY" posts.

My post was more out of confusion than anything.

I'm not talking about posts that question or disagree, that's fine--honestly, I question AC3 being there--but rather the posts that declare any award invalid unless game X is included.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
kain_kusanagi said:
No Halo 4 no respect for VGAs.

Don't worry it can  still be your personal GOTY. In the meantime vote for one of these 4. I hope you put your vote on Journey!

I didn't like Jounrey. Good art style though. On the VGA list I'd vote Mass Effect 3 if I were to vote, but I probably wouldn't. Halo 4 is my personal GOTY and Mass Effect 3 is my close second. Nothing else on the VGA list even comes close for me.

FatalInertia said:
DirtyP2002 said:
No Halo, No competition.

Halo is not goty materila hasnt been for years... And spike awards are a joke.

TWD instead of Borderlands 2 is weird to say the least.

F0X said:

Hold up - no Resident Evil and/or Kid Icarus for the handheld list? I guess I'm forced to go with NSMB2, which isn't even close to being the best 3DS game this year. :P

The handheld category is a disgrace. Regardless, there's no way NSMB2 is the best game of the ones listed. Don't vote for it out of spite. LBP Vita and Gravity Rush are both fantastic games that would have held their own even against the best 3DS offerings of the year.

I haven't heard much about Soundshapes, but Mario was NOT the best 3DS game released this year. Bogus. I would've easily voted for Kid Icarus, but instead I'll support one of the Vita titles.

Around the Network
F0X said:

Nice to have Wii U/Wii games in the same category.

Xenoblade theoretically doesn't have any competition, because the only other good games on that list haven't been played by anyone yet. And if it doesn't win, then I use it as evidence that people don't play before they vote.

EDIT: Hold up - no Resident Evil and/or Kid Icarus for the handheld list? I guess I'm forced to go with NSMB2, which isn't even close to being the best 3DS game this year. :P

Don't worry. Even though having 3 vita games and NSMB2 looks bad for the 3DS, it just guarantees it the victory. Our votes are split, Nintendo and casuals are not. 2D Mario is iconic to Nintendo so it was chosen instead of better games.

I would vote 10x on Journey if I could, well, I'll convince others to vote!

zumnupy10 said:
TWD instead of Borderlands 2 is weird to say the least.

Think so?  I played both and while I enjoyed Borderland 2, TWD just totally came out of nowhere with how amazing it is/was.  Assuming that the finale follows suit I think I'd definitely vote for it over Borderlands 2.

@Selanor: While you liked Kid Icarus the best I'm not too surprised to see it get snubbed by this list because there were a decent number of reviews that hated the control scheme and since these nominations are an amalgam of reviewer  opinions I'm not surprised to see Kid Icarus get passed up for NSMB2 even if it had a higher meta, because it was such a divisive game critically.    

RolStoppable said:
the_dengle said:
F0X said:

Hold up - no Resident Evil and/or Kid Icarus for the handheld list? I guess I'm forced to go with NSMB2, which isn't even close to being the best 3DS game this year. :P

The handheld category is a disgrace. Regardless, there's no way NSMB2 is the best game of the ones listed. Don't vote for it out of spite. LBP Vita and Gravity Rush are both fantastic games that would have held their own even against the best 3DS offerings of the year.

I haven't heard much about Soundshapes, but Mario was NOT the best 3DS game released this year. Bogus. I would've easily voted for Kid Icarus, but instead I'll support one of the Vita titles.

Sound Shapes was the game used to say that "you could make an argument that NSMB2 wasn't even the best platformer released this week".

Really? I thought Sound Shapes was a rhythm/music game.

Or must I say "New Super Mario Bros. 2 was the best pure platforming experience released that week."

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Turkish said:
I would vote 10x on Journey if I could, well, I'll convince others to vote!

You should ask TurkishCritic and his alternate buddies to vote for Journey.