By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spike VGA 2012 Nominees announced

Halo 4 not in it yet The Walking Dead is. I own the walking dead. Average at best. VGA useless as usual, no surprise here.

Around the Network
krafty89 said:
But, But what about Playstation all stars battle royale for best fighting game? ;) (I voted for Tekken tag 2, because Street fighter X tekken was crap)

Heck I'm upset it's not up for GOTY! But then I saw the handheld nominees and felt good again.

The awards overall are a joke though. I only watch for the new game announcements. Not sure how Diablo 3 got nominated (horrible user score everywhere) and XIII-2 got stiffed. Xenoblade or Mass Effect will win the category but it deserved some recognition.

JayWood2010 said:
Halo 4 not in it yet The Walking Dead is. I own the walking dead. Average at best. VGA useless as usual, no surprise here.

This

Mr Khan said:
No justice if Xenoblade doesn't win best RPG, btw.

Spoiler alert! It won't. I totaly agree with you, I voted for it, I even voted for it for best Wii/Wii U game. But it seems like the VGA fanbase are commercial wannabe hardcore gamers that will most likely vote for ME3 or Diablo despite them being mediocre. But the hype for these games was bigger and more importantly it's not a yucky SD game on the kiddie Wii.

After the year and the lineup of the 3DS and you compare it to the Vita's, am I the only one surprised to see that their is 1 3ds game nominated vs 4 for the Vita? I know, Vita is ''core real gaming'' and 3ds is ''kid's stuffs'' in the eyes of spike, but seriousl? No RE:R, Kid Icarus or Paper Mario?! I'm surprised they hav'nt nominated Uncharted:GA... Not that I think UC should be nominated, I'm just surprised it was'nt.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

Journey must and should win.

Even though these awards mean nothing to me, nice to see a healthy mix of titles.

it would be amazing if journey won. such a fantastic game. i'd love to see it win.

RolStoppable said:
Salnax said:
It'd be cool if a downloadable art game like Journey won.

Also, why the hell isn't Kid Icarus: Uprising nominated for Best Handheld game, but NSMB2 is?

What's wrong with NSMB2?

Nothing is wrong with NSMB2. It's probably one of the best handheld games of the year. But Kid Icarus: Uprising is, in my humble estimation, one of the best handheld games ever made. It had a fun story with legitimately good writing, a lot of content, fast and diverse gameplay, simple controls, stellar presentation, a strong multiplayer component, huge replay value... it just goes on.

NSMB2 is a master of its genre, but Kid Icarus: Uprising is the best handheld shooter ever made. I think that it's better than most of those console shooters I've heard sooo much about this gen. It's my favorite shooter ever, and one of my top five Nintendo games.

I REALLY like it!

As for the Vita games that were shown... I haven't played them, and thus can't judge their inclusion one way or another.I'd have thought they'd throw in an Angry Birds title though, just to increase traffic.

Love and tolerate.

Best Handheld Game

Gravity Rush
Sound Shapes
LBPVita

AWESOME, which one should I nominate though??