By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spike VGA 2012 Nominees announced

It's kinda sad when you look at gamerankings what the top 5 reviewed games are this year compared to most. Journey is #1 with 92.46%. Last year it would have placed #11. It wouldn't have even made the top 10 last year.

Around the Network
zumnupy10 said:
TWD instead of Borderlands 2 is weird to say the least.

Why? It's a brilliant game. 

axumblade said:
HyrulianScrolls said:
It's kinda sad when you look at gamerankings what the top 5 reviewed games are this year compared to most. Journey is #1 with 92.46%. Last year it would have placed #11. It wouldn't have even made the top 10 last year.

To be honest, as a whole, it seems as though critics have been a lot more.....critical, for a lack of a better word than they were last year. Most titles that would be guaranteed to be 90+ last year barely made high 80's this year.

Agree, seems reviews are harsher than couple years ago.

Surprise to see halo 4 not there

I haven't played any of these games. =/

And I don't get how AC3 is there when it's doing worse than Halo and CoD review wise?

Around the Network

TWD was available for PS+ subscribers and I really didn't enjoy it.

Borderlands 2 should be competing.

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
I haven't played any of these games. =/

And I don't get how AC3 is there when it's doing worse than Halo and CoD review wise?

Well the list has people from certain sites. While meta is all we can go on: Chances are the selection of people from those sites, gave AC3 higher than Halo and CoD and those who gave it low, are not in Spike as Meta really is all over the world.

Or its about patriotism.. you know.. AC3 being in the american revolution and all xD

Sometimes the score to some sites dont even matter. Look at IGN. They have seperate teams for 360 & PS3. One sides 10, does not mean GOTY for the whole overall and they usually settle for a multiplat game. Uncharted 3 and Skyward Sword had 10/10's from IGN, but ultimately Portal 2 got GOTY (had 9.5) when Uncharted 3 beat Portal in the PS3 category even. So yeah. Infact Portal lost several times, so by definition, it was not the better PS3 game, 360 game (Skyrim won there) etc. So it only makes sense for it to NOT win OVERALL GOTY. Basically what im saying is: IGN has a very broad team and they all come together to vote so in the end, the scores to them dont matter. GameTrailers on the other hand, relies completely on the score. The game with the highest score has like ALWAYS won GOTY. Halo 4 has a 9/10 there, so does Journey. AC3 has a 9.3/10.

Just some thoughts

smroadkill15 said:

I think what annoys me most about this is Trials Evolution not being nominated in any category. Trials Evolution is arguable the best downloadable game this year; hell even goty material. If anyone that has actually played the damn game, you would know this.

Wait Trials Evolution isnt in it?  That is horrible.  What is in it.  I'm assuming Joruney and Fez are in it at least.

The lack of this game on the list is disgusting :S

halo should win best graphics and crysis next year