By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ballmer: Surface RT sales

Surface might not beat Ipad no one thought it will but Windows 8 Tablets will reign supreme in the market...

i give it 1.5 year to Windows Tablets outsell all the ipads combined LT.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Argh_College said:
Surface might not beat Ipad no one thought it will but Windows 8 Tablets will reign supreme in the market...

i give it 1.5 year to Windows Tablets outsell all the ipads combined LT.

That's just madness and you know it. People are setting themselves up for embarassment in the future with claims like that.

Dont worry, he has the tendency to overestimate things

But we still love him

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

when you will have multiple hardware companies making windows tablets vs one ipad it is likely that the ms products wll sell more. They will have more models and more price points. So really it will be between Android and Windows 8. Apple puts itself into a corner by being the only hardware maker for iOS.

We don't know anything about it except one word that offers so much room for speculation. That was in an interview with Le Parisien. We don't even know if he was talking about worldwide figures or not.

But hey, whatever makes you guys happy.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

pezus said:
thranx said:
when you will have multiple hardware companies making windows tablets vs one ipad it is likely that the ms products wll sell more. They will have more models and more price points. So really it will be between Android and Windows 8. Apple puts itself into a corner by being the only hardware maker for iOS.

How many tablets has Apple already sold? Do you think Windows 8 tablets will be able to match that in 1.5 years? 

i dont know. Apple is a niche player and will remain so. Their phones are headed that way and so are their tablets. Look at apple's history with the pc market. By not allowing other hardware developers to use iOS they are missing out on free r and d and a wealth of ideas from varying companies and cultures that you get when you have 5 or more hardware manufactueres desigining a product. Apple will slowly fall behind in tech and than be surpassed by lower priced options. But they will remain a well biult easy to use niche product that their fans enjoy. But the mainstream will be Android or Windows.

Around the Network

Price killed it. Kinda the point of my comparison thread on the devices at launch.

Simply WAY to expensive in comparison to others. Google wanted to truly break into iPad's market... it is doing so with lower prices for similar or better product. MS is putting out sub-par product at equal or greater prices. That is just stupid.

Windows 8 tablets will annihilate Android, there's no doubt about that. Apple will stay as it is.

pezus said:
man-bear-pig said:
Windows 8 tablets will annihilate Android, there's no doubt about that. Apple will stay as it is.

So Apple will annihilate MS and MS will annihilate Google? 

No. Windows 8 tablets>iPad>>>>Android tablets

they need to remind people that the PRO version that is coming features a full Windows 8, featuring full compatibility with the programs you already use in your PC, and that you can play games through Steam on it :).

man-bear-pig said:

I think the the Windows 8 Pro has the chances of annihilate Android and Apple tablets, because it offers full compatibility with your PC (Windows PC), and can play full fledged games via steam, instead of crappy things (for me) like angry birds, etc.