By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ballmer: Surface RT sales

pezus said:
thranx said:
pezus said:
Heavenly_King said:
man-bear-pig said:
Windows 8 tablets will annihilate Android, there's no doubt about that. Apple will stay as it is.

I think the the Windows 8 Pro has the chances of annihilate Android and Apple tablets, because it offers full compatibility with your PC (Windows PC), and can play full fledged games via steam, instead of crappy things (for me) like angry birds, etc.

That's news to me. 

as far as i know the windows 8 that will be on pc and tablets is the same. this tablet had windows 8 rt which is different. so when the real windows tablets start coming they will be just like pc's except mobile.

But are they powerful enough to run "proper PC games"? 

most of the tablets i have seen come out surpass my computer in cpu, and possibly in gpu too. I play almost all of my games on pc now due to steam sales. So anything better than my pc will work for me. If they aren't powerful enough in the begining of the year by the end i believe they will be.

Around the Network

lol Microsoft just released a press release about the Ballmer statement so people like you wouldn't make assumptions. Look it up.

Surface is literally sold out everywhere it's available for sale, but Microsoft is trying very hard to get more devices in to stores and the device in to more countries for sale.

^Why no link, I'm too lazy ;)

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:
^Why no link, I'm too lazy ;)

The article orginally linked has been updated

When asked about Surface, Steve's use of the term "modest" was in relation to the company's approach in ramping up supply and distribution of Surface with Windows RT, which has only been available via our online store and certain Microsoft retail stores in the U.S. While our approach has been modest, Steve notes the reception to the device has been "fantastic" which is why he also stated that "soon, it will be available in more countries and in more stores."

So Ballmer's statement has quickly been corrected, still the Taiwanese Digitimes reports that the Surface RT may only reach 60% of it's forecasted sales citing "upstream component suppliers" as their sources.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20121112PD219.html

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:

this is SHOCKING! there is a certain person who literally would suck M$ D*** who will come in here and defend this and try and makes digs at the iPad.. can't wait

-moderated Kasz216

"When asked about Surface, Steve's use of the term "modest" was in relation to the company's approach in ramping up supply and distribution of Surface with Windows RT, which has only been available via our online store and certain Microsoft retail stores in the U.S. While our approach has been modest, Steve notes the reception to the device has been "fantastic" which is why he also stated that "soon, it will be available in more countries and in more stores."

Oh Microsoft just shot down the article. 

/thread.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/11/ballmer-says-microsoft-surface-sales-off-to-modest-start/

ZaneWane said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
this is SHOCKING! there is a certain person who literally would suck M$ D*** who will come in here and defend this and try and makes digs at the iPad.. can't wait

wih user name like that nobody will take you seriously

i wish we could change usernames tbh 

kowenicki said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
ZaneWane said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

wih user name like that nobody will take you seriously

i wish we could change usernames tbh 

I dont think a different username would have made that post any more reasonable or intelligent.

my opinion on a tablet that has nothing to do with gaming in a gaming forum. is my opinion wrong? i knew it wouldnt have a good start same as slimebeast said. and that person who i was refering to (not you) is in here being just as dramatic as i thought.

lol the correction has been posted 3 times in this thread already

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Lafiel said:

So Ballmer's statement has quickly been corrected, still the Taiwanese Digitimes reports that the Surface RT may only reach 60% of it's forecasted sales citing "upstream component suppliers" as their sources.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20121112PD219.html

Well, now we play the wait and see game. Cant wait for the first round of official numbers

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!