By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - October

amp316 said:
Mummelmann said:
If this can stop the creation of threads where users complain about getting banned, then go for it. I still don't understand how people manage to get banned at all. Its not terribly difficult to avoid it.

If I had it my way, those threads complaining about bans would be banworhty...

To be fair, I can see how a user can get banned.  I have gotten a couple of warnings in my earlier days when I lost my cool with a certain member that used to get under my skin.  The thing is though, that people should realize that words are only words and that many shouldn't be taken seriously.  Oh, and drunk posting can cause problems.  

True, I've gotten a couple of warnings myself (last one was ages agot though). Perhaps I'm just not controversial enough!

I remember getting riled up rather quickly in my early days in here, there is something when you're new to the site and the whole business of internet debates. There were certainly users that could make my blood boil and I was also a lot more vested in the whole console "war" back then. I honestly believe that becoming a PC gamer has significantly lowered my bloodpressure...  

Around the Network

I know I'm not the most appropriate person to say so, but it's sad that users with a harmful behavior can get other users banned because they abuse the system. What's more harmful, a problematic behavior, or a word that defines that behavior?

It's like a Darwinian natural selection, but the ones that survive are the ones that abuse the system and dodge the bans.

trasharmdsister12 said:

Guys, lay off Turkish and Turkish; you gotta realize you haven't exactly done your image any favours with your past behaviour on this site.  They wouldn't be finding entertainment value in your actions out there unless they already came accross you in the past here.

That being said, we don't moderate on your actions from other sites so your fear on people defaming your name based on exposing your actions out their is completely ill formed. We have no jurisdiction on those sites so we don't take that into account here. I repeat, we do not care what you do on other sites. Our job is to maintain the well being of this site's community. None of your external activities have any bearing of the mods' perception of you here. The mods are, however, aware of your past here. That's something that you can't get rid of and something you yourself created.

You're having your fun on those other sites and those users that are "performing a witch hunt" on here with your behaviour out there are doing the same thing. It will have no bearing on any future moderations here unless they start name-calling you here, in which case they will be moderated... So given what you want out of their behavior you should probably encourage it.

Good post. Take note Turkish.

@bolded, it's there, not their. Your first ever grammatical error?

Turkish said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

Guys, lay off Turkish and Turkish; you gotta realize you haven't exactly done your image any favours with your past behaviour on this site.  They wouldn't be finding entertainment value in your actions out there unless they already came accross you in the past here.

That being said, we don't moderate on your actions from other sites so your fear on people defaming your name based on exposing your actions out their is completely ill formed. We have no jurisdiction on those sites so we don't take that into account here. I repeat, we do not care what you do on other sites. Our job is to maintain the well being of this site's community. None of your external activities have any bearing of the mods' perception of you here. The mods are, however, aware of your past here. That's something that you can't get rid of and something you yourself created.

You're having your fun on those other sites and those users that are "performing a witch hunt" on here with your behaviour out there are doing the same thing. It will have no bearing on any future moderations here unless they start name-calling you here, in which case they will be moderated... So given what you want out of their behavior you should probably encourage it.

Thanks for the heartwarming words man. Having read those words, I can say I really feel better now.  I'm thinking of making a new N4G account now, eventough I haven't had one for 2 years.

The voice of sincerity

Barozi said:

Just posting for the sake of having 4 mod posts in a row

EDIT: Nooooooooo happyd what have you done ???

Just keeping it real. As axum once said: "Who will watch the watchmen?" ;)

Around the Network

People trying to set records now? Who can have the name on the list the most!

happydolphin said:
Barozi said:

Just posting for the sake of having 4 mod posts in a row

EDIT: Nooooooooo happyd what have you done ???

Just keeping it real. As axum once said: "Who will watch the watchmen?" ;)

Welcome to the devil precurse to do with the dead

EDIT: That was Siri's fault. It should say "well done padibullah it took courage to do what you did"

Kynes said:
I know I'm not the most appropriate person to say so, but it's sad that users with a harmful behavior can get other users banned because they abuse the system. What's more harmful, a problematic behavior, or a word that defines that behavior?

It's like a Darwinian natural selection, but the ones that survive are the ones that abuse the system and dodge the bans.

Edit...nevermind.

Player2 said:
spurgeonryan said:
You should have fake banned him for pointing out my errros in a thread. It ruined that particular hour of the day for me.

He did something like this? (Couldn't resist)

LOL... that was funny...

@OP
nice iniciative... its cool, that now we can see how low some "respectable" and "mature" users can go. not being very mature myself but i usually don't think of myself better than the next guy, so...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Dammit! I didn't win again! This sucks.