By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - October

riderz13371 said:
Don't name and shame - Unless you are a staff member. LOL

it's not so much naming and shaming it's more a list of all actions taken so people can see that a mod isn't just picking on them with a once off random moderation I think. Can see from the list that their love is spread around equally :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

I guess I'm doing something wrong as I never even received a moderation.. or maybe I accidentally activated an "invisible to mods" feature or sth ;)

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
fillet said:
Barozi said:
fillet said:
Barozi said:
Chevinator123 said:
has a mod ever been banned or had a warning?

Oh yes. Shows that everybody can change over time.

Kantor used to get banned all the time and was an a-class troll when he first signed up. I remember it well. Now look at him, dishing out bans left right an centre.

Thanks for my 17 days on bandom Kantor this month.

Strange he only gave VGKing a 1 day ban...and me a straight up 7 and a 10 when my moderation history prior to that for those types of offences was basically non-existant.

Wait....this is the right thread for me to say this stuff?

Kantor has a clean mod history, so you must confuse him with another user. It's not possible for anyone to delete a mod history.

@ bolded:

You're lying

Your mod history has plenty of entries and all of them were in 2012.
Looks pretty fair to me.

Hmmmm.....Uhhhhh.......nervous shrug.

Anyways, no problem.

With regards to Kantor, I'm talking a couple of years ago. Maybe longer, when he first signed up, not a critcism. Just like you say, people change.

your moderation history is impressive , and you still create  threads to say other people here is trolling or flaming on other forums ? Hilarious

That's a narrow minded knee-jerk reaction. If you read what I wrote, you will likely find that I was just speaking my mind honestly and calling out people for what they were.

i.e "if you talk shit then I'll call you a prick for talking shit and unmask your crap"

In real life that flies, on a forum there'd be all hell breaking loose because not everyone is up to my magnificent judgement and impartialy. Your post illustrates my point perfectly as you have narrowed in on an outcome but failed to analyze the true context of by bans, shortsightedly calling me "hilarious" and chuckling merrily to yourself.

Well done.

KylieDog said:
Turkish said:

Saying someone is trolling is not allowed, it wasn't allowed and it won't be, are you saying it is?

To mods: Is this true?

It is probably true if what the person did was not trolling. Basically if you call a troll as a troll, then you probably won't face any action because then the mods would be guilty as well.

Whereas if you called someone a troll just because you think he is trolling, then you may face action I guess.

KylieDog said:
Turkish said:

Saying someone is trolling is not allowed, it wasn't allowed and it won't be, are you saying it is?

You can't call any regular user a troll and if you say he's trolling, you're implying that he's a troll. So yes it's true.

Unless it's an extremely obvious troll account. Then we usually just look over the fact that he's been called out by certain people.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
fillet said:
Barozi said:
fillet said:
Barozi said:
Chevinator123 said:
has a mod ever been banned or had a warning?

Oh yes. Shows that everybody can change over time.

Kantor used to get banned all the time and was an a-class troll when he first signed up. I remember it well. Now look at him, dishing out bans left right an centre.

Thanks for my 17 days on bandom Kantor this month.

Strange he only gave VGKing a 1 day ban...and me a straight up 7 and a 10 when my moderation history prior to that for those types of offences was basically non-existant.

Wait....this is the right thread for me to say this stuff?

Kantor has a clean mod history, so you must confuse him with another user. It's not possible for anyone to delete a mod history.

@ bolded:

You're lying

Your mod history has plenty of entries and all of them were in 2012.
Looks pretty fair to me.

Anyways, no problem.

With regards to Kantor, I'm talking a couple of years ago. Maybe longer, when he first signed up, not a critcism. Just like you say, people change.

your moderation history is impressive , and you still create  threads to say other people here is trolling or flaming on other forums ? Hilarious

here i was thinking i was the only person who realised this... the hypocrisy of some people is truly amusing

KylieDog said:
Barozi said:
KylieDog said:
Turkish said:

You can't call any regular user a troll and if you say he's trolling, you're implying that he's a troll. So yes it's true.

Unless it's an extremely obvious troll account. Then we usually just look over the fact that he's been called out by certain people.

What if they are clearly feigning ignorance, or link some random bullcrap from the net somewhere and try to hide behind it.

ignore and report them. Which is the thing everyone should do.

o_O.Q said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

here i was thinking i was the only person who realised this... the hypocrisy of some people is truly amusing

This is exactly what this is NOT about, right?  I mean the object of this report is not to peep over somebody's mod history just so you can use it against them, right?

There are plenty of folks here that your anyone will disagree with - but having this thread being used as a tool to "get back" or "call out" somebody for their mod history seems like a good argument to NOT have this thread at all.

TRios_Zen said:
o_O.Q said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

This is exactly what this is NOT about, right?  I mean the object of this report is not to peep over somebody's mod history just so you can use it against them, right?

There are plenty of folks here that your anyone will disagree with - but having this thread being used as a tool to "get back" or "call out" somebody for their mod history seems like a good argument to NOT have this thread at all.

i agree with what you said but i'm just pointing out that it seems hypocritical to me that someone who was banned for trolling and flaming for most of last month thinks its his duty to call out other people for the same thing ( which even now he continues to do )

i'm not trying to call out or get back at anyone just making an observation is all

fillet said:

Anyways, no problem.

Genuinely, either you have me confused with someone else or you are making this up on the spot.

I may have been naive, foolish, ignorant and unfunny, but I was never a troll and I've never been banned.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective