By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Rank the Star Wars movies!

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Return of the Jedi
3. Attack of the Clones
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. The Phantom Menace
6. A new Hope

I am a terrible person.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
^ I don't really want to start a fanwar but I cannot comprehend attack of the clones being ranked higher than empire strikes back

I ranked it higher because it's a better movie.

1) The Empire Strikes Back
2) Star Wars (that's what old people call A New Hope)
3) Revenge Of The Sith
4) Return Of The Jedi
5) The Phantom Menace
6) Attack Of The Clones

The Empire Strikes Back is actually one of my favorite movies ever.  It was shocking to me as a boy.  I told myself that Darth Vader was lying about being Luke's father for three years.  It had the best story and the best cliffhanger in any movie ever.

Star Wars is a classic with a very emotional scene between Obi-Wan and Vader.

Revenge Of The Sith is actually really underrated.  I was surprised that Lucas made it as dark as he did with Anakin slaughtering the younglings.  I am a terrible person because I put this one in my top three.  

Return Of The Jedi had the wonderful drama in the throne room with the Emporer, Vader, and Luke but I cannot overlook the ridiculous battle where the Imperial forces are defeated by teddy bears.

The Phantom Menace has Darth Maul and I really thought that he was wicked.  Why did they kill him?  :(  Jar Jar Binks and young Anakin were pretty bad.

Attack Of The Clones seemed like it was made to just connect the dots between episodes I and III.  Anakin whines and cries throughout the whole thing and the lightsaber battle between Dooku and Yoda was too short.  I feel bad for Christopher Lee and Ewan McGregor who who actually put in good performances in this. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Attack of the Clones
6. The Phantom Menace

Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

amp316 said:

I feel bad for Christopher Lee and Ewan McGregor who who actually put in good performances in this. 

So true. Lee and McGregor were very good in Episode II.

It seemed like every prequel had a standout performance that was drowned out by all the bad and wooden acting: August in Episode I, Lee and McGregor in II, McDiarmid in III.

Around the Network

Oh lord., I wont get into why because that could be pages of type.

Mostly though, I consider Charachter development among other things

Here we go;

1. Episode IV: A New Hope
2. Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
3. Episode V: Empire Strikes Back
4. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
5. Episode II: Attack of the Clones
6. Episode I: The Phantom Menace

I'm sure you all read that Episode 7 is ont the way...It better be the Zahn Trilogy

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

1.Empire Strikes Back
2.New Hope
3.Revenge of the Sith
4.Return of the Jedi
5.Attack of the Clones
6.Phantom Menace

Kantor said:
1) The Empire Strikes Back
2) A New Hope
3) Return of the Jedi
4) Revenge of the Sith
5) Attack of the Clones
6) A Phantom Menace

Oh look, I agree 100% with Slimebeast. Anyone whose top three does not consist of the original trilogy, by the way, is a terrible person >_>

The way they hammed in the Ewoks purely for mechandising is almost as abhorrent as the Gungans in Episode 1. It undoes all the excellent emotionally charged segments between Luke, Vader and Palpatine. The Ewoks make me contemplate putting Attack ahead of Return but then I remember that horrible romance between Robokin and Padme.

Best to worst: VI, V, III, IV, II, I.

Edit: I am going to smash the faces of Return of the Jedi haters. Strictly metaphorically speaking.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

lol

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.