By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Rank the Star Wars movies!

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Phantom Menace
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. Return of the Jedi
5. A New Hope
6. Attack of the Clones

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

2. A New Hope
3. Return Of The Jedi

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

1. Star Wars
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Return Of The Jedi

2. Star Wars
3. Return of The Jedi
-------------------------- (this represents the line between awesome and okay)
4. Return of the Sith
5. Phantom Menace
-------------------------- (this represents the line between okay and bad)
6. Attack of the Clones

Signature goes here!

1. A New Hope
2 Empire Strikes Back
3 Return of the Jedi
4 Revenge of the Sith
5 Clone Wars
6 Phantom Menace

Around the Network

Did anyone else notice how racist Padme was? When Anakin slaughtered a tribe of sandpeople "like animals" (including the women and children), she says "To be angry is to be human", but when he kills younglings, she cries "You're going down a path I cannot follow!"

I dunno. Maybe it was just bad consistency...

fordy said:

Did anyone else notice how racist Padme was? When Anakin slaughtered a tribe of sandpeople "like animals" (including the women and children), she says "To be angry is to be human", but when he kills younglings, she cries "You're going down a path I cannot follow!"

Likely she found the one more justifiable than the other. He was grief-stricken when he murdered all those sand people, in a way that would be harder for someone to condemn (in the sense that "i would never do such a thing"), whereas he killed the jedi in cold blood.

Although the entire movie series seems rather racist against Tusken Raiders. Not sure if it's deliberate or if its just bad writing.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
fordy said:

Likely she found the one more justifiable than the other. He was grief-stricken when he murdered all those sand people, in a way that would be harder for someone to condemn (in the sense that "i would never do such a thing"), whereas he killed the jedi in cold blood.

Although the entire movie series seems rather racist against Tusken Raiders. Not sure if it's deliberate or if its just bad writing.

You could argue that he's grief-striken with the youngling murders, but in a future event. I guess then it's in the weird realm of Minority Report, that if something bad occurs in the future and you try to justify it in the present to prevent it from happening, would that justify to the fact that it would or would not have happened anyway?

fordy said:
Mr Khan said:
fordy said:

You could argue that he's grief-striken with the youngling murders, but in a future event. I guess then it's in the weird realm of Minority Report, that if something bad occurs in the future and you try to justify it in the present to prevent it from happening, would that justify to the fact that it would or would not have happened anyway?

True, but Padme wasn't a Jedi, and Padme told Anakin earlier in Revenge that she wasn't worried about his vision, she never understood why he was so freaked out. "My mother was killed by these people" is something anyone can get, "i'm having a vision about you dying from something super-routine and preventable," is just stupid, even amongst Jedi.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

True, but Padme wasn't a Jedi, and Padme told Anakin earlier in Revenge that she wasn't worried about his vision, she never understood why he was so freaked out. "My mother was killed by these people" is something anyone can get, "i'm having a vision about you dying from something super-routine and preventable," is just stupid, even amongst Jedi.

Um, isn't that the whole basis of Jedi-ism? Seeing into the future, whether it's by fractions of a second or further into the futire? Even Yoda was sensing something big was about to happen to the Republic.

Believe me, if Jedi were real and a proven Jedi told me I was going to die, I'd be rather worried about it.