By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Rank the Star Wars movies!

1 New Hope (If I could I'd place this and Empire equal 1st, but this one did it first so it gets extra points)
2 Empire Strikes Back
3 Revenge ot Sith (the best of the prequel trilogy, though personally I though it only slightly better than...)
4 Attack of the Clones...I never got the hate. It was stupid in parts, but isn't all STAR WARS???
5(I'm having trouble putting the next 2 into order cos they both suck) Phantom Menace ranks slightly higher than JEDI cos it was bad (I don't blame Jar Jar or the kid, I blame bad directing and poor judgement fom Lucas) but at least I can say Lucas was clearly out of touch at the time.
6 With RETURN OF THE JEDI I dunno what the fuck the guy was thinking! I read somewhere that Lucas was making jokes on set about how they were making a cross between Empire Strikes Back and a Benji movie ffs.

Around the Network

Thanks for all your responses!

The OP is updated to this point.

I'm surprised at how many put Revenge of the Sith as their favorite.

I was very disappointed in the way they handled Anakin's turn to the dark side. It wasn't convincing: that stupid dream, the so obvious bullshit spouted by Palpatine and the complete instant turnaround from "I'm a good guy" to "I'm killing children". Also the battle between Obi Wan and Anakin is overdrawn and at somes points ridiculous (like when they hop on the lava harvesting droids).

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

I was very disappointed in the way they handled Anakin's turn to the dark side. It wasn't convincing: that stupid dream, the so obvious bullshit spouted by Palpatine and the complete instant turnaround from "I'm a good guy" to "I'm killing children". Also the battle between Obi Wan and Anakin is overdrawn and at somes points ridiculous (like when they hop on the lava harvesting droids).

I actually laughed in theatre during that transition when he went to kill the Jedi kids.  I forget what that one little kid said, but for some reason i just found it so comical because it was the perfect capstone into how bullshit the transition was....

Everyone else must of thought i was a monster.

Pretty good action though.

1: part 5
2: part 6
3: part 4
4: part 3
5: part 2
6: part 1

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
mushroomboy5 said:
1 New Hope (If I could I'd place this and Empire equal 1st, but this one did it first so it gets extra points)
2 Empire Strikes Back
3 Revenge ot Sith (the best of the prequel trilogy, though personally I though it only slightly better than...)
4 Attack of the Clones...I never got the hate. It was stupid in parts, but isn't all STAR WARS???
5(I'm having trouble putting the next 2 into order cos they both suck) Phantom Menace ranks slightly higher than JEDI cos it was bad (I don't blame Jar Jar or the kid, I blame bad directing and poor judgement fom Lucas) but at least I can say Lucas was clearly out of touch at the time.
6 With RETURN OF THE JEDI I dunno what the fuck the guy was thinking! I read somewhere that Lucas was making jokes on set about how they were making a cross between Empire Strikes Back and a Benji movie ffs.

You and me, we've got a problem.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

1=episode III

2=episode II 

3= episode I

4= episode IV

5= episode VI 

6= episode V

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

TruckOSaurus said:

Totally agree. One could argue that Anakin's turn to the dark side is the most important event in the entire saga, and they totally blew it. Not convincing at all. Also, it always struck me as strange that Anakin was able to dispatch Dooku with zero trepidation, then spent the next 90 minutes debating whether or not to embrace his darker feelings.

Also agree on the fight scene. Ever since the prequel trilogy was announced, the one scene I wanted to see more than any other was the fight between Anakin and Ben, and it was so disappointing in the end. The scene between Prowse and Guinness in IV was significantly better, and that was done with a few special effects shots and some very basic choreography. But it was better because it focused more on the emotion of the duel and less on the spectacle of the duel.

1. Return of the Jedi
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Star Wars
4. Phantom Menace
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. Attack of the Clowns, er, I mean Clones.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

1. Empire Strikes Back
2 A New Hope
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones