By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare working on multiple Xbox 720 games

In other, exciting, news: first and second party studios of hardware manufacturers are working on games!

Breaking: a new Zelda is in the works at Nintendo!

(God I hate non-stories like this.)

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
smroadkill15 said:

I knew some folks(not saying all) in this thread would somehow spin this into a bad thing because...
1:It's Rare, so have to continue bring up how "crappy" they are now.
2:It's relating to MS 1st party and their exclusives so, it's only natural to hate.

Lets hope the future backs up your faith.

I'm not saying Rares work has been amazing this gen or anywhere as good as their former self (btw that would be a tough act to follow for any developer), but I'm not talking crap about them either without even knowing what they got in store.

smroadkill15 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
smroadkill15 said:

I knew some folks(not saying all) in this thread would somehow spin this into a bad thing because...
2:It's relating to MS 1st party and their exclusives so, it's only natural to hate.

I'm not saying Rares work has been amazing this gen or anywhere as good as their former self (btw that would be a tough act to follow for any developer), but I'm not talking crap about them either without even knowing what they got in store.

If Rare was still Rare with the Stamper bros and the allstar creative cast that made it what it was in the 90's then they would've made games that made this gens games look like a joke. Think I didnt play all of those games, bro? They were one of the reasons I bought a 360. The team pretty much disbanded the second Microsoft bought them and they aren't the first team this gen either. I havent considered any of their games up to their standards. Im happy for you if you think so, I just don't thats all. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
smroadkill15 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
smroadkill15 said:

If Rare was still Rare with the Stamper bros and the allstar creative cast that made it what it was in the 90's then they would've made games that made this gens games look like a joke. Think I didnt play all of those games, bro? They were one of the reasons I bought a 360. The team pretty much disbanded the second Microsoft bought them and they aren't the first team this gen either. I havent considered any of their games up to their standards. Im happy for you if you think so, I just don't thats all. 

I didn't say they were up to their former standards, I specifically mention that they are not even close. 

I have to actually see and play any potential new or resurrected IP from Rare, especially in the FPS genre, before I even start becoming interested in it, let alone excited about it. The FPS genre has come a long way since Rare's heyday in the late 90's. So much has changed, and I'm not sure a revival of the GE / PD formula would be successful going up against the likes of COD, Gears, Halo, etc. if that's indeed the direction they go. Hell, Timesplitters perfected the GE/PD formula, so Rare would have to first outdo their own ex employees before they even start making a splash again in the genre.

A true Banjo 3 would be most welcome, but since we will never get a tried and true sequel as some of the key members of that team left Rare too and are also rumored to be working on their own spiritual successor to Banjo, I don't think I could get that excited about it either.

KI3... this should have been a no-brainer with the recent revival of the classic 2D fighters especially SF and MK, but again, I'm just not sure Rare can deliver on this front either. KI Gold which launched with the N64 was the last fighting game they did.

Nope, it's gonna have to be something completely new and not Kinect related for me to get even remotely excited about Rare's next project.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Wow people are so negative about a positive news... some of you should stop living in the past and appreciate what you have right now and go on with the new offerings and ideas. I didn't owned a 64 so I don't know or care what Rare did back then, what I know though is that they make good family games this gen and am waiting for their new games.

Really, should every Rare/MS exclusives threads be filled with negative comments? I've seen a guy being banned for saying bad things about Sony in the weekly sales thread but almost every MS/Rare threads are full of negativity and no bans... yeah, way to keep MS section active... good work people!

STAGE makes me sad

Yay!!!

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
STAGE makes me sad

Again, I hope I am wrong. I hate being right with my pessimism towards all things Rare that has grown over the past six years now.

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
STAGE makes me sad

Don't care someone just always waste his time in forums

S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
Great news. I firmly believe Micrrosoft is aiming for a broad high quality lineup next gen with new IP's.

Really exciting times as am Xbox fan.

e3 2013 is gonna be Microsofts best ever.

lol Microsoft already nailed a hat trick for most disappointing E3's done consecutively. They better not screw this up because the core gamers watch E3 and we know better. The casuals only respond to their marketing so they take things as they come without expectation. This is why Microsoft hasnt cared to impress us at E3.

Because lord knows having succesful E3"s are how you make money in this industry.