By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare working on multiple Xbox 720 games

selnor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
Galaki said:
Nintendo also working on multiple WiiU games.

Rumour has it that Sony already also working on multiple PS4 games.

i think you miss why this is amazing news.

Rare are taking seriously action/adventure and FPS games again. Core games being made by Rare, who have been hiring great talent lately. Oh man and new IP's.

Microsoft are allowing them to rebuild their name it looks like.

Cmon Rare you can do this. New platform/adventure IP's and perhaps a  really nice follow up to Jet Force Gemini or Banjo 3 wouldd be ace. O and KI please.

lol Im laughing because I dont want to cry next year if you're wrong. People have been hyping up Rare for years on this site and nothing has come from it except for Kinect and Xbox Live.

I agree totally. I am the biggest critic of how Microsoft have wasted tte IP'ss Rare have ( well now Microsoft own them ). Conker could be massive for MS with its adult content. Banjo 3 would be fantastic if done in the same vein as the originals. It may not get 11 m sales like Halo, but good platform adventures would definately attract some old Ninty zealots who loved Conker, Jet Force Gemini or Banjo. Killer Instinct etc.

This is te first time we have seen Rare hiring more new staff for making FPS andd action/adventure since 2004. That iss great news. Very very good news indeed.

Rare have had some great talent go their tis last year.

LOL imagine if thats where Cliffy goes. After all hes showed interest in making games outside of shooters lately.

The problem with Microsofts development prowess is because of the fact that they dont care about their characters, stories unless they have been successful. Its like asking a businessman to stop crunching numbers and act like an artist. Microsofts response to that would be, "Thats what I pay you to do, just make sure it finds a proper market and sells". Conker is a great game and in this day and age could definitely sell, but only a fan could see the value of a game that got shitty marketing from Nintendo and tanked. I hope you're right though and I am wrong.

I wouldnt say they dont care. Of course game companiees make games to make money. They have to. Otherwise its BUST.

Banjo cann be a nice success. A nice 3-4 million seller if its done properly. A proper Perfect Dark 2. With proper AAA budget could also bring in 3-4 million.

I bet originally Microsoft wanted Kinect, and the best studio available to do it that MS had was Rare. Unfortunately that killed Rare for along tiime.

Rare hasnt shown what Kinect can do, you know it. Hands free motion tech is ahead of its time and Sony failed at selling it as a proper way of controlling games, and Microsoft failed as well even though their marketing was stellar.  The simplistic process Rare made a reality in the Kinect Sports game was something the creators of the tech could've done themselves. Microsoft owns Banjo so a new one wouldnt hurt though (it only hurts rare). I suggest they make a new IP because Microsoft is killing a legacy. Remember, Rares legacy was created from making games we never, ever saw coming and suddenly we were entertained by something new. This is why I like Sony's development teams, I cling to them like used to cling to Rare because of the unparalleled variety they provided to the Super NES that made  me turn away from Sega in the beginning. I was pure Nintendo back then because of their impressive varied library until Sony took that noteriety from them. Rare is what made me buy the N64 even when Sony was dominating with various first, second and third party titles in their initial launch. Rares solid second party with Nintendos solid first party made for a perfect marriage but was destined to fallout. 

Around the Network

Can't wait hope we get a flurry of new IP's that last for years to come from MS next generation.

yay

Its also too late for Microsoft to bring back Goldeneye, which Nintendo already did.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Its also too late for Microsoft to bring back Goldeneye, which Nintendo already did.

Perfect Dark was a better game in everyway than Goldeneye on the N64.  The latest Goldeneye was pretty standard. It lost alot of the charm the N64 game had. It was much more gun ho.

As for Zero. That game lost everything that made Perfect Dark great. WTF was up with Zeros story. Seriously.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
Great news. I firmly believe Micrrosoft is aiming for a broad high quality lineup next gen with new IP's.

Really exciting times as am Xbox fan.

e3 2013 is gonna be Microsofts best ever.

lol Microsoft already nailed a hat trick for most disappointing E3's done consecutively. They better not screw this up because the core gamers watch E3 and we know better. The casuals only respond to their marketing so they take things as they come without expectation. This is why Microsoft hasnt cared to impress us at E3.

Because nobody except casual gamers care about this gen anymore...

Microsoft needs to impress next gen if they want to suceed with Hardcore once again and they want... thats why in the firs 2/3 years Sony will be demolished by Microsoft just like Vita is being with 3DS.

Mar k my words and put on your sig, it will happen.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Actually, Rare delivered some great games this gen. It is just that somehow Nintendo and Sony fans unite to bash the hell out of those games. Nintendo fans still can't believe Rare is not theirs any longer and Sony fans love to criticise MS first party anyway.

Kameo
Banjo Nuts n Bolts
Kinect Sports
Viva Pinata
Perfect Dark Remake
Banjo remakes

were all really good games. Perfect Dark Zero was bad though.

Seriously, do you believe those games were on par with Rare quality when they are partnered with Nintendo?

I gotta second this question... And considering that you're listing REmakes (that's old games from the Nintendo days thay've taken and polished the surface) and old IP's from the Nintendo days doesn't really make Rare look any better...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

When Selnor dies and his life flashes before his eyes then he's sure going to feel stupid for all these idiotic posts he's made over the years.

"I am the biggest critic of how Microsoft..."
Sure.

Looking at the guys responding - it just proves me right. Oh the irony.
Have you guys played Kameo, Nuts n Bolt or, Kinect Sports? Probably not.

I liked Rare games back then, but I like their games today as well.

This thread is good news. PERIOD. Accept it and leave the thread if you have nothing to add.

It is just awesome how STAGE managed to derail another thread, Turkish comes in to spam and the mods on VGC are like: "Yeah, another day on VGC. Looking good."

Waiting fpr pezus though. He is late today.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Well, Rare's games can't be any worse than this generation. But I don't think we'll hear anything about it for 2-3 years yet, so whilst it's interesting, it's not particularly topical...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.